Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to glue a broken part

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
atabini

atabini

How to glue a broken part Empty
PostSubject: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Yesterday I received a new lot of animals from the USA with my sister but unfortunately one arrived with the ear broken, it was my Simmental Bull.

Does any one know how to glue it until I can get a new one?

thanks in advance and Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Alejandro,
Do you have "Crazy Glue" in your country? It only takes a drop and if done correctly it may be hard to see. I believe it works on plastic. Just be careful though because you can glue your fingers together... Wink
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi Sue, thanks for your answer. Yes we have "Crazy Glue" here in Peru, so I will try to fix it with that glue until I can get a new one.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 12:04 am

atabini wrote:
Yesterday I received a new lot of animals from the USA with my sister but unfortunately one arrived with the ear broken, it was my Simmental Bull.

Does any one know how to glue it until I can get a new one?

thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

Now inspite of a simmmental bull you have an accidental bull!Laughing
I'm kidding, I think that it is a very bad feeling when we open a package with a broken figure!Sad
I remember those Safari from Susanne, I felt a huge vacuum... and they were not mine!
But you will glue and make some repainting or no needing?
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:40 am

I like Loctite or Super Glue :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 am

Roger wrote:
I think that it is a very bad feeling when we open a package with a broken figure!Sad
I remember those Safari from Susanne, I felt a huge vacuum... and they were not mine!
But you will glue and make some repainting or no needing?

Sorry to hear it, Alejandro.

Yes, Roger is right, it is "down" to get a broken figuere Crying or Very sad
Those two aras of mine, - I just packed them away. Can`t stand to see them, - but maybe if you tell us how you did, I will try to glue mine also.

We have locktite here, thanks, Sylvia.

Also, I have found out I have to ask peoplke to pack carefully if it is very cold. The figures become more fragile when they are frozen, - but I suppose that is not your problem in Peru ?
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Roger,

I glued it and left for some time to dry really good, then I looked into the glued ear to find out if the broken part can be seen and as I could see it, I asked my fiance to paint it a little bit to cover the area and now it looks kind of fine. But I will order one more as soon as I find someone that will come to Peru again.

Hi Susanne,

I think that what happens with my Simmental Bull was the cold, it came with my sister that lives in Minnesota and right now they are in a extremely cold days, so maybe there is where it broke. Here in Lima we do not have this problem as the weather is not so cold, during winter the lowest temp we can get is around 11 degrees Celsius, in other parts of the country it can get freezing with below 0 temps during winter but not in Lima.

Thanks to everyone and I will post some pictures during the week of all my new animals (around 30 pieces) and some accessories my fiance give as Christmas gifts to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to glue a broken part   How to glue a broken part Empty

Back to top Go down

How to glue a broken part
Page 1 of 1