Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mid-State Releases

Go down 
+6
JonasV
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
widukind
Carola
LaFanda
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LaFanda

LaFanda

Country/State : Midwest US

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:31 am

Hello Everyone! I was looking through my collection and saw I had some Mid-State Release Breyers and was curious to see what others there were! Here are mine: Shakopee, Wapasha, Puuku, and Thunderbolt :)

2002 Shakopee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2005 Wapasha

2008 Puuku

2010 Thunderbolt
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:54 am

Welcome here  sunny 

Beautiful models  cheers I don't know anything about them, but I enjoy very much your photos  Very Happy 

I'm sure other Breyer fans here can enlighten the subject you ask  Very Happy 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:05 am

Welcome here, nice figurines!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:54 am

They are AWESOME  cheers 
Wonderful photoes, too !

I know next to nothing about Breyer, but I love them very much, and your subject is very interesting !

Perhaps you would tell a bit about what Mid-stale releases is ? Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Nice collection! I can't tell you how extremely jealous I am of your Puuku. I am having the worst time getting this one!  Evil or Very Mad I will find it!  Laughing 

Wapasha is another favorite of mine. Wink

Hm, Mid-State releases of mine? Well, it's hard for me to get them since I live on the East coast, but I do have a few.

I only have Constellation, the bay roan Roxy...
Show name: MSS Galaxy

but I also have Dillon, the Tractor supply SR. I love them both! Very Happy
Show name: MSS Dreams and Disasters

However, I can get the Flagship store models much easier. I have Aurelius and Icicle. I love you
Aurelius:
Please excuse the wooden horse pretending to be a Breyer
Show name: Zum Geburtstag

Icicle:
Show name: MSS Calm Before the Storm

SUSANNE wrote:

Perhaps you would tell a bit about what Mid-stale releases is ? Very Happy

Susanne, Mid-State releases are special run models available only at stores in the Mid-West, Rural King being the main distributer. Some of them have a limited number release, others are just labeled as SR. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks for the info, LeeAnn  Applause 

How cruel to only supply them in the Mid-West !  Shocked 
They are absolutely gorgeous, - I am especially crazy about Dillon, - that COLOUR  cheers Applause 

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Very beautiful horses, Fanda =)
Funny you just noticed you've some special horses... I can only imagine I had some originals Rolling Eyes Those are lovely!
Thanks for showing and you are welcome to STS  sunny

LeeAnn's horses are wonderful too  cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LaFanda

LaFanda

Country/State : Midwest US

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:11 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
How cruel to only supply them in the Mid-West !

Yeah, it's too bad since they are so beautiful, but I have the benefit of living in the Midwest :)

4U - Constellations is lovely! Does she have any war paint on her, like Wapasha or Thunderbolt?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:14 am

Thanks! You can call me LeeAnn Wink

No, Constellation doesn't have war paint or anything. Very Happy

Susanne, I love him too! There are two variations - very light and very dark. When I bought mine I was able to choose from a dark one and a light one, so I chose the dark one! This is the splatter dapple method, rarely used by Breyer anymore as it is extremely messy and difficult to do correctly. And then of course, the appaloosa blanket. If you're interested, I can explain how the splatter dapple (also known as resist dapple) method works, but it's a bit boring. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:30 am

Beautiful horses LeeAnn  cyclops 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks Carola! Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyThu May 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Wonderful horses!!!! Applause Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:19 am

I have Miigwan only

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
JonasV

JonasV

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:03 pm

She is very beautiful shy lady drunken 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:24 pm

I love Miigwan I love you I'm not a fan of the mold, but this color complements her really well.

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Oh yes. I was a bit disappointed when I got her- she seems to be too plain for such a huge size. But the color's really great.

I believe this mold looks fantastic when customized.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:13 am

All your horses and pictures are fabulous. Very Happy
Thanks also Leeann for enlightening about this subject. flower
I love your Calm after the Storm although it is too calm. Laughing

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:19 am

Glad you like him Roger! He has a very interesting (well, to me, probably boring to others Laughing ) story, that lead to his name. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Glad you like him Roger! He has a very interesting (well, to me, probably boring to others Laughing) story, that lead to his name. Very Happy

... and where is the story? scratch I want to know everything! Laughing

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Laughing Prepared to be bored to death! Razz

In November 2013 I joined the Breyer Collector Club for the first time. This was right after my second show, when I began seriously collecting model horses and learning more about them. Before I was one of those "I like Breyers, but I'm not going crazy about all the new ones" type of people. One of those who walks around at shows and likes the horses they see but don't know anything about them or what they're worth. Not that this is a bad thing, not at all. Some people just don't have the time or money, and that perfectly fine. But some people (like me) are obsessed I suppose Laughing

Anyway... I was reading some of the discussions on there and there was talk about a Flagship store model, named Icicle. The only known photo of this model at the time was a very blurred, tiny photo, showing some type of grey pony, such a poor photo you could easily mistake it for a fake. You couldn't even tell if the model was glossy or matte.
However, you could make out that it was the Bouncer mold. This was the mold that, at the time, I dreamed of conga-ing but never believed I would have the funds to do so.
So I wanted the model, even if I couldn't conga the mold. He was just too cute!

Unfortunately at that time, most retailers already received their Icicle models and sold them off.
I thought I was out of luck. I joined the Collector Club too late! Sad
I called all the stores around, sold out, sold out, sold out. I was told they might be able to order more, so they took my name and number and promised to call.
Never heard anything.

There was one store left to call, one that was quite far away, but if I didn't try calling I would never know if they had the model, and I wouldn't get it, et cetera et cetera.
Turns out, they did not get the models in stock yet. And somehow the list wasn't full. (Each store got only 6 or 8, I don't remember). So I put my name in and waited for the call. I waited and waited, and about gave up. I didn't think the store was going to get them in.

Until one day I randomly got a call that the Icicles were in stock! So of course, that weekend I had to run down there and pick mine up! But the weather forecast was calling for very bad weather. The morning looked nice, so I went anyway. I needed this model! Laughing

When I got to the store, it was early in the morning. But not super early. I figured the store would be open, I waited a while (maybe an hour?) for the store to open, and it was past the time the store was supposed to open, and the door was locked, lights out inside. To be honest, the outside looked a little shabby. I thought maybe this was a joke.

But then someone opened the door! I asked, and they had one Icicle left for me! :bounce:Then I was told that the other Icicle that came in were damaged, and they had to be sent back to Breyer! Boy, was I lucky, I somehow got up high enough on the list!

I bought my Icicle, and of course another model that was there. (How could you not, when there's an entire wall covered in Breyers?)

When I came out of the store, the weather was still very nice. Sunny, warm, perfect. But the second I got in the car and headed back home, the storm stuck. Bad. Alternating rain and snow, yuck, not fun!
I got home safe, but the storm just wasn't very nice.

So, I bought my Icicle during the calm before the anger of the storm. Thus the name Calm Before the Storm.

Now I hear your snoring. Sleep

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Good story.  Applause 

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Very Happy

JonasV

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Yep, very nice Very Happy I enjoyed to read it, seriously Wink

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:15 pm

I don't blame anyone for not reading to the end Laughing

Admin
Roger

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Now I hear your snoring. Sleep

No What a FaceSleep... I was not snoring,  pig ... Sleeppig.... Sleep... really... SleeppigSleeppig...  I swear palepigSleeppig... impossible.... affraidSleeppigSleep... it was the storm ... SleeppigSleeppig... a thunder or so bom... SleeppigSleeppigRolling Eyes:)  ... I am only a little calm.... Sleeppig:sleep:pig: ....

Leeann, I love your story, your horse and you! I love you

Mid-State Releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid-State Releases   Mid-State Releases Empty

Back to top Go down

Mid-State Releases
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next