Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)

Go down 
+12
Sartje
Carola
schmidtchenschleich
Roger
schleich61
orcagirl26
AlienMantis
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
NightLioness
widukind
LeeAnn
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  Empty
PostSubject: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Just a few days ago I was browsing the Model Horse $ales Pages and noticed a very familiar horse.

It didn't "click" right away, though I had a good idea.
I was sure the one I thought it was wouldn't be this cheap. Nowhere close!

But sure enough, when I went to the SchleichTiereSammler website, that was the horse!!  bounce bounce 

Now I got all excited, and emailed the seller immediately, in all possible ways, to make sure she did get at least one of the emails.  Laughing 
Oh, I needed this horse to still be available!

I waited and waited (somewhat impatiently, I admit Embarassed ) and a message landed in my inbox! He was available! cheers bounce I paid immediately, and waited for him to arrive in my mailbox.

And today, guess what was in the mailbox? Wink  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

It was so exciting to open this package! I don't think I've ever been so excited for anything before!
He was wrapped in toilet paper Rolling Eyes then in bubble wrap, and literally WRAPPED in shipping tape. It was not fun getting him out of there!  affraid 

Well, suspense no more - look, look!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With his newer-Przewalksi friend sunny

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I am just so happy to have this guy in my collection!

He has no markings whatsoever, except for the carved in "CE" on his hind foot.

He has no glue or anything on his feet either. I got the impression from the seller that this is how she purchased him in Germany when she visited about 25 years ago.

This makes me believe that this model was also sold without a base, despite the evidence we now have that they were all sold without the base except this model. It doesn't make sense to me that if this guy was attached to a base at one point, he wouldn't have the CE carved into his foot, which would be hidden by the base anyway, and no glue on the feet.  flower 

Yes, he's seen his days, but I'm still very proud to have him. Very Happy

Now, I will tell you I got him very cheap Wink Bragging rights to the person that guesses how much I spent!! cheers bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Big congratulations, that is really a very good catch  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Thank you Andreas! cheers cheers cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Congrats! You are all exited and happy, love to see that :3
He is a charming fella, and happy with his new friend  cheers 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:57 pm

WOW !!!  cheers WOW !!!  cheers WOW !!!  cheers WOW !!!  cheers WOW !!!  cheers 

What a FABULOUS, UNIQUE find  cheers 

I think it is THE model, that 99,99 % of all Schleich collectors can only dream about  bounce Applause 

CONGRATULATIONS ! CONGRATULATIONS !  And a big hurray-hug  cheers Very Happy Very Happy flower

Last edited by SUSANNE on Fri May 30, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:03 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Thank you so much Susanne and Karin! Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Not that I'd ever think of selling him, but what would he be worth, do you think? scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Not that I'd ever think of selling him, but what would he be worth, do you think? scratch

The only one I have seen sold on Ebay, was with the wooden stand.
It went for 716 EUROS, - over 1000 USD, isn't it ? Shocked 

So even without stand, it must be quite pricey  Very Happy 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Holy Toledo, huge congratulations! I'm so happy for you, this must be hugely exciting! Congrats x1000!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:50 pm

HUUUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:47 pm

I just found one on eBay with an asking price of 500 euros plus almost 7 euros to ship: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They could have at least given free shipping  tongue 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:50 am

Thank you friends! cheers

I paid much, much less than all of these Wink Any guesses? bounce

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:36 am

Hmm.. $15? Razz

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:11 am

AlienMantis wrote:
Hmm.. $15? Razz

Laughing LESS!  affraid 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:04 am

Shocked You paid less than 15$ for him! Even bigger congrats! What a feat to manage, this rarity for such a cheap price... I don't dare guess for fear my heart will give up when I see it. Wink Anyways, congrats again, I can hardly believe it. Incredibly lucky girl you are. cheers Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat May 31, 2014 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:38 am

Great find, but are you sure this is not a knock-off (copy)? I compared your figurine to the photo of the 15003 on Torben's reference site, and the scupt is clearly different. The paint job is very different. It's possible that this is one of the stand-alone Schleich WWF's, but I wonder, especially since the catalog photo provided by Jürgen showed that the other five WWF's were released this way, but evidently not this one...

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:58 pm

I considered he would be a copy, but I believe he is authentic. All of the information provided to me by the seller lined up exactly. The time they purchased it would have been in the timeframe this figure was produced. She also purchased him in Germany. The coloring is also similar - it doesn't have the dark outlining, and yes, maybe the paint isn't so detailed. However, possibly there was a variation between the ones on the base and the ones sold without the base. This isn't a very good point without having both in hand, but the texture appears to be the same in Torben's photo as is on mine. We also know that Schleich used many different plastics in their earlier productions, which would account for the darker color (it also appears the lighting is darker in Torben's photo, making the horse appear darker than he really is). I conclude there are enough reasons to make this guy genuine, thus this is what I will believe. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:36 pm

It is obvious that you're really happy with that horse and of course it is good! Very Happy
That is a very rare and wanted collectible and it seems you've fouhnd it almost for a symbolic price.
Interesting that he is long necked as modern Schleich releases and przwalski's have relatively short necks. But that is not an important detail considering how beautiful is the figure and mainly, how happy you are! flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:48 pm

It is even better than winning in the lottery  cheers cheers Applause Applause Very Happy 

schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:33 pm

I only have had the WWF Orang Utan.
There was no CE sign on it.
And i think the CE sign from your horse looks not like a stamp. It looks like handmade with an hot pin.
But i think it is a very great find for your collection. cheers 
On the Orang Utan was a "D" on it.
I don`t know why, but it was on 5 WWF Orang Utan wich i saw.
The przwalski horse i have never had for my own.
So i couldn`t say if there is an letter on it.

Last edited by schmidtchenschleich on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello, Peter Very Happy

Interesting !!!
There is a "D" on my orangutan ( which I got from you some years ago ), but no mark whatsoever on my panda. study 
I can't say if there is marks on the buttom, as they are the variations with a wooden base, and can't be removed.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:04 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Peter Very Happy

There is a "D" on my orangutan ( whick I got from you some years ago ), but no mark whatsoever on my panda. study 
I can't say if there is marks on the buttom, as they are the variations with a wooden base, and can't be removed.

Schleich was always strange for me. I know D goes for Denmark and G for Germany but I never thought a Schleich orangutan could be so sophisticated. study Wink

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I considered he would be a copy, but I believe he is authentic. All of the information provided to me by the seller lined up exactly. The time they purchased it would have been in the timeframe this figure was produced. She also purchased him in Germany. The coloring is also similar - it doesn't have the dark outlining, and yes, maybe the paint isn't so detailed. However, possibly there was a variation between the ones on the base and the ones sold without the base. This isn't a very good point without having both in hand, but the texture appears to be the same in Torben's photo as is on mine. We also know that Schleich used many different plastics in their earlier productions, which would account for the darker color (it also appears the lighting is darker in Torben's photo, making the horse appear darker than he really is). I conclude there are enough reasons to make this guy genuine, thus this is what I will believe. Very Happy

Your own appreciation of the figurine is, of course, what is most important.  You like (or love) it, and that is great.  However, this figurine was, based on the information supplied in the 1991 catalog, never produced nor sold by Schleich.  The other five WWF's were sold as figurines without the base (please see link below).  

The sculpt of the head is clearly different than with the 15003.  It is true that there are variants of Schleich figurines which vary slightly in size and pose.  However, the paint job on your figurine is very different, and with all due respect, appears to be a hand-custom paint job.  Peter is absolutely correct, I believe, that the "CE" mark on the underside of the hoof was made with a hot pin or an equivalent by hand.

Unless further new information is revealed, this is surely not an official Schleich figurine - it is either a copy or a discarded prototype.  If it is the latter, then it is even more remarkably rare and valuable than the 15001-15006 WWFs.  You are, of course, free to believe what you wish, but whether or not this is an official (or unofficial) Schleich figurine is based on fact and qualitative analysis, not what you, I, nor anyone else wishes to believe... study 

Maybe you can gather additional information from the seller. It may not provide any revelations about the identity and origin of this figurine, but it is possible that there are still unknown details that might strongly suggest that is a discarded prototype. I suspect that is what you have, and if so, it's a fascinating artifact from the actual creative process at Schleich which resulted in the 15003. To the most serious (deranged!) Schleich collectors, it would potentially have immense value... cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat May 31, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:14 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Peter Very Happy

There is a "D" on my orangutan ( whick I got from you some years ago ), but no mark whatsoever on my panda. study 

Schleich was always strange for me. I know D goes for Denmark and G for Germany but I never thought a Schleich orangutan could be so sophisticated. studyWink

'D' for Denmark? That's a new one to me, Roger. Maybe you were making a joke I didn't catch, or you know something that I do not... scratch Smile 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:34 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Peter Very Happy

Schleich was always strange for me. I know D goes for Denmark and G for Germany but I never thought a Schleich orangutan could be so sophisticated. studyWink

'D' for Denmark?  That's a new one to me, Roger.  Maybe you were making a joke I didn't catch, or you know something that I do not... scratch Smile 

Embarassed geek
Just a silly joke, of course! I was only noticing that Peter from Germany had seen all orangutans marked with a "G" and sold one of them to Denmark and now it is marked with a "D". scratch I don't think "G" or "D" are related with countries or places and "D" is surely not Deutschland and "G" also not Grönland.
Though it has surely any meaning that may be interesting to Schleich collectors.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next