Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)

Go down 
+5
Sergey
remrock02
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
MD1985
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gast

Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) Empty
PostSubject: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 17:47

I hope you enjoy it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MD1985

MD1985

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 17:57

Very nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 18:12

It's beautiful, Sue cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 19:28

I love it!Where do you keep all your dio's?And how do you clean them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 20:14

Thank you!

Wildheart, I don't keep them. I just set them up and use a blue screen for a background. Then I use software to put my photo on the blue screen. (Actually, it's a blue t-shirt). Then I photograph and take it down. I don't have any room to keep them set up. I just set it up on my filing cabinet and then take it apart. This one was fun because I used real water and then drew in splashes.

I don't know if it's considered a real diorama because I use a blue screen and draw in splashes. And a photographer might say well, it's not a real photograph either because they're figurines. It is what it is I guess and I like making them. My grandson loves looking at the animal pictures and I may put them in a book for him.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 20:45

This is such a great idea!We would certainly love to see a book with your dioramas!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 21:41

Very nice scene Sue! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 00:17

hbwphbwp wrote:
I hope you enjoy it!

...Thank Sue! cheers And what a giraffe brand? scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 00:43

I enjoy seeing that you enjoy yourself enjoying your grandson and giving us the chance to enjoy with your pics!
As you see I have a diversified vocabulary!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 13:06

I love this photo!!! It´s great Sue flower flower flower

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 17:21

Sergey wrote:
hbwphbwp wrote:
I hope you enjoy it!

I think it is Safari, but not sure. It could be Schleich. I get them mixed up, horrible of me, I know. I will try to find out.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 17:21

and thank you everyone!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 18:03

Hi Sue, great diorama, if you want to make a permanent one you can do what I used to do when I had no room, I got a box, I used a 12x12 inch bottom, but you could use whatever size you are comfortable with or have room to store, and then get a piece of plywood cut to fit into the box. I used a half inch smaller on all sides so the wood was 11x11 inches. This box will be where you store the diorama when you don't have it out. On the wood I put a piece of foam board and this is the base that I use for the landscaping. After that you just use your imagination. It is a really good way to have a permanent display and still not have it in the way during your day to day activities.

I use to have 5 and I just stacked the boxed in the corner of the storage closet, each one was a little different, one for jungle, one for desert, one forested, savanna, and Ice for either arctic/antiarctic or winter. Everything for the diorama was in plastic bags stored in the box and you just have to put it together when you set it up. Now the trees I use are much more fragile but I have a way to pack them when I ship and I would pack them like I was going to ship the piece if I had to store a tree or plant. I also had a plastic bag with each of the figures that I could use in the habitat so when I opened the box the figures that live in the desert were in that box or forest in that box, you get the idea.

The only other thing I did was to display my favorite figures so they were not in the boxes but I always knew where they were when the time came to take the photos.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 18:21

hbwphbwp wrote:
Sergey wrote:
hbwphbwp wrote:
I hope you enjoy it!

I think it is Safari, but not sure. It could be Schleich. I get them mixed up, horrible of me, I know. I will try to find out.

It is a Safari.
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 23:50

Impressive photo Sue!

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)   Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash) Empty

Back to top Go down

Giraffe and Zebra (Making a Splash)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos-
Jump to: