Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which brand is this Snow leopard?

Go down 
+6
NightLioness
Kikimalou
widukind
LeeAnn
Ana
tqcenter2002
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

Country/State : Israel

Which brand is this Snow leopard? Empty
PostSubject: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 am

Hi All,

I have come across a picture of a really nice Snow Leopard (In my opinion).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I wonder which brand is it?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:04 am

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is work of one Japanese artist and it's one of a kind. So, no copies of this beauty as far as I know. But I may be mistaken scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:13 am

Wow! It is gorgeous drunken

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 am

Nice model but no idea

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:19 am

It is a Count blue. The Japanese modeler used different clays with different colors to make his models. There is no ainting and all models are unique.

You can see more HERE  Wink 
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks Christophe.

Just want to make sure I understand - This Snow Leopard is made from Clay and not Plastic/Resin or other "safe" Materials?

When you say - no painting - that means he uses different colors of clay to create what we see including the black markings? If that is true the model should cost 50 -100 times then the one we usually get in the market.
It is so beautiful and well scaled - I think it is around 1:20 - 1:24 in size.
I have goggled translate the order page and it looks like he has a waiting list of two years!! Wow, This guy is very busy! :)

Thanks for the link - there are more beautiful figures that I can just dream of getting  Shocked Wink
These are really cute:
And he also have a Tiger:
And a Tigress

Wow!!! Just Wow!! Just to think that all of these and much much more were created with mixed colors clay and NO painting at all - WOW!! that means the colors will never wear out.
 Applause Shocked Applause Shocked

Last edited by tqcenter2002 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thanks Christophe.

Just want to make sure I understand - This Snow Leopard is made from Clay and not Plastic/Resin or other "safe" Materials?

When you say - no painting - that means he uses different colors of clay to create what we see including the black markings? If that is true the model should cost 50 -100 times then the one we usually get in the market.

Yes Tq, you understand  Wink 
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:31 am

Oh woow, beautiful models. A waiting list over two years! My goodness o.0

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Just got a reply from Jiro, The artist that made this awesome Snow Leopard and Clouded leopard (and more) about the price - It costs..... 50,000 JPY ~500 USD Not include shipping! that would be extra 2,500 ~ 4,000 JPY. They are real masterpieces and so many hours of work invested in creating each and every one of them - That should be the price! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 pm

thanks for checking all these details, i think i'll buy a complete pride to save im shipping. My only doubt is because these are solitary animals. Laughing do i have to say that i am kidding? Shocked

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm not surprised to hear that price, they cost many hours of work, I think even as much as 50 hours in total per animal. Smile

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Ana wrote:
I'm not surprised to hear that price, they cost many hours of work, I think even as much as 50 hours in total per animal. Smile

Me neither. Some of the traditional scale artist resin model horses sell for thousands Shocked Though I hope one day to own a Stormwatch  drunken 

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

aaaaarghm....that clouded leopard. Sure worth but dear god, even some designed and printed figurines are overprized at the moment, it's really hard to support all of you if only one a month is possible, when you didn't even buy any new CollectA so far Very Happy

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm

those are all extremely beautiful. The clouded leopard and babirusa (right? babirusa?) are particularly lovely.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 pm

PeGe wrote:
aaaaarghm....that clouded leopard. Sure worth but dear god, even some designed and printed figurines are overprized at the moment, it's really hard to support all of you if only one a month is possible, when you didn't even buy any new CollectA so far Very Happy

I agree... Poor us, we have a terrific job  What a Face   Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:10 am

Kikimalou wrote:
PeGe wrote:

I think it's natural way this hobby develops. Few years ago we had not enough species in the market or/and not enough information sources (for example about the Japanese brands, but many of us were not aware of vintage brands and others etc). Now the problem is not anymore who will produce this or that species (well it's still the problem sometimes), the new problem is what to choose from so many options and how to not bankrupt Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Ana wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
PeGe wrote:

I think it's natural way this hobby develops. Few years ago we had not enough species in the market or/and not enough information sources (for example about the Japanese brands, but many of us were not aware of vintage brands and others etc). Now the problem is not anymore who will produce this or that species (well it's still the problem sometimes), the new problem is what to choose from so many options and how to not bankrupt  Very Happy  Laughing  

I think you are right and... If you mean some special species like a clouded leopard i think we know a lot of the figurines and also we know the most or all of every main brand and most of the brands. That is the way, right.

But i miss sometimes the old time full of discoverys and suggestions and i think any of us lost this way or have enough found. But i remember me Lea and last time sauroid and myself too find some unknown japanese brands and they are much more that wait for discover (i hope). So i found last time a unknown chinese lemur figurine and a serie of african birds that i dont know before.
For me it is very interesting to read Tims toywiki and i hope for more inspirations for my zoo. So i got this month the Marx muskrat that i dont know before.
So i hope that some also think like me and post more of unknown figurines. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

About this count blue figurines- they are simple wonderful. But if i see the prices and the list for waiting and than i see what i want all- i only can dream  Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 6:51 pm

I agree with everyone, they are gorgeous but with the price I'd also go bankrupt. I can just see the look on the bank's face if you were to ask to take out a loan and explain to them why  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which brand is this Snow leopard?   Which brand is this Snow leopard? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which brand is this Snow leopard?
Page 1 of 1