Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou

Go down 
+6
LeeAnn
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
elephas_maximus
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:50 pm

The sika deer, Cervus nippon, also known as the spotted deer or the Japanese deer, is a species of deer native to much of East Asia, and introduced to various other parts of the world. Previously found from northern Vietnam in the south to the Russian Far East in the north, it is now uncommon in these areas, excluding Japan, where the species is overabundant.
It is one of the few deer species that does not lose its spots upon reaching maturity. Spot patterns vary with region. The mainland subspecies have larger and more obvious spots, in contrast to the Taiwanese and Japanese subspecies, whose spots are nearly invisible. Many introduced populations are from Japan, so also lack significant spots.
The sika deer is a highly vocal species, with over 10 individual sounds, ranging from soft whistles to loud screams.
(Thanks Wikipedia)

This year, Kaiyodo extends his CapsuleQ "Japan animals" with a Hokkaido set.  Very mammal oriented, this set produce a nice Sika deer. Here are some pics of the beast  Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:15 am

Great walk around Christophe, your pictures are always so well lit and clear. I always think Kaiyodo and many of the Japanese brands have far superior sculpting compared to many of the figures out there.  

The Schleich red deer looks sloppy and dis-proportioned with too large a head and weird face, next to the refined, sika deer model.

It even makes the Britains stag look too toy like as the Kaiyodo really captures the essence and anatomy of the real species.

Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 am

Nice pics and nice deer!! But since a few figurines i am a little disappointed by Kaiyodo- they find the way back to more visible lines between the pieces. In my opinion they had better times for that :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:58 am

HURRAAAAY ! One more great walkaround by Christophe  bounce cheers 

And again a wonderful, beautyful model ! Almost a small miracle in accuracy , and even in such a small model  drunken 

Thankyou for the beautyful pictures, and congratulations with this new model  Applause 

Only, - now my wishlist became longer again  Embarassed Mad Laughing 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:17 pm

It is great that your walk arounds are back on forum. cheers
The sculpting and painting are very delicate, the species is more than good and surely an excelent addition. I only think that the front legs, both slightly forward, don't give a very natural pose to the figure. All the rest looks perfect to me. Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Oh I missed this topic! Embarassed

He's gorgeous! Thank you for the walkaround Kiki!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Beautiful deer Christophe! Very beautiful! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:46 am

Very interesting model. I like this deer.

congratulations.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 pm

He's diddy! Beautiful model and photos

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Congrats Christophe for the amazing sika deer cheers cheers cheers 

I wait the new set of June with animals of Japan.

(Le problème c'est qu'il a été bloqué à la douane parce qu'on nous met des taxes à la noix sur les colis de plus de 25 dollars provenant du Japon et des USA et du coup j'ai des taxes de plus de 20 Euro sur un colis de 40 EUR de valeur. Je râle vraiment mais je pense qu'il sera à la maison demain, heureusement Evil or Very Mad Very Happy).

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

Now i have mine too Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou   The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2014 Kaiyodo CapusleQ Museum Sika deer: A walkaround by kikimalou
Page 1 of 1