Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!

Go down 
+11
Taos
Carola
MARTINLATIN
lucky luke
Roger
LeeAnn
widukind
Phexedrine
LukaLeon085
Ana
SUSANNE
15 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! Empty
PostSubject: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:31 pm

The Barbary Sheep is actually a goat-antilope, and is native to North Africa.
Read more on Wikipedia.

It is up to a meter tall over the shoulder, so it must be an impressive beast !
Unfortunately hunters think so too. I wanted to show a photo of one, but mainly found pictures of stupid, fat men posing with one that they had killed  Sad 

But - HURRAAAY ! Thanks to CollectA, a beautyful, adult male was posing on my terasse this morning  cheers 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here he is with the Ibex from Schleich :

Then the sun became too sharp, so I took the rest of the pictures indoors :

Most of the model is not painted, but has the colour of the material he is made of :

But there are lots of details, - and the existing paintwork is very neat Very Happy

Here he is together with the Barbary sheep from Starlux :

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:36 pm

It's amazing! Congratulations Susanne!! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Laughing 

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Lovely model...will have to add it to my wishlish :)

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:40 pm

A excellent model, thanks for the pics Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Congrats! A nice figure from a great brand  Applause 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:44 am

Again another great walk around and also another unusual species from CollectA and a very beautiful animal. Very Happy
That last point make me have mixed feelings about it, the animal is so beautiful and unusually released in toy figure that any vulgar pose would result better. Adding the fact that CollectA is launching a mouflon in a similar pose, I don't know if CollectA want us to put these two beasts fighting. affraid
The lack of painting is not disturbing to me, it gives a cheap feeling to the figure but the result doesn't look bad in your pictures. Very Happy
It is obviously in my wish list as your brilliant Starlux is too but that one is for other flights! cheers

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 8:05 am

Susanne Congratulations for this wonderful animal!  Applause  cheers 
thank you for these pictures around!  Cool  sunny 
It is of course already in my collection!  Very Happy  Wink 
Bravos Collecta  farao 
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:23 am

I love itttttfttfffff
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Great detailed walkaround  cheers 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Thankyou, friends, and Baaaaah from Babar  cheers 

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:24 pm

A wonderful model!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Must have one!!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:01 am

I´m speechless!! This is one of the best!! And finally someone care about eyes... they are amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Yoiu are right, Martinn . It is so great to see the eyes made correctly  cheers 

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:52 am

Wonderful walkarounnd Susuanne! Thank you. I'm looking forward to getting this CollectA model.

(That Starlux! Oh how beautiful. One of my most desired figures, along with the Starlux Bison.)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanx for the pics, Susanne! Especially for the comparison one with Schleich ibex.
This barbary sheep is one of my CollectA 2014 favorites undoubtedly.
Roger wrote:
Adding the fact that CollectA is launching a mouflon in a similar pose, I don't know if CollectA want us to put these two beasts fighting. affraid
Maybe the company is encouraging parents to buy two barbary sheep at once, so that children could play goat fights? Wink

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Thanx for the pics, Susanne! Especially for the comparison one with Schleich ibex.
This barbary sheep is one of my CollectA 2014 favorites undoubtedly.
Roger wrote:
Adding the fact that CollectA is launching a mouflon in a similar pose, I don't know if CollectA want us to put these two beasts fighting. affraid  
Maybe the company is encouraging parents to buy two barbary sheep at once, so that children could play goat fights? Wink

Laughing Laughing Good strategy! Very Happy Actually, mouflon is grazing and I wanted it to fight... but a pair of those would be perfect for a good goat fight! Wink
Kiril, it is great to hear from you, where have you been? Don't you know you're still too young to be farm from home for such a long time? Wink Very Happy

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Roger wrote:
Kiril, it is great to hear from you, where have you been? Don't you know you're still too young to be farm from home for such a long time? Wink Very Happy
Life has been getting busier for me lately, as 1.5 year ago my third child was born :)
Also, the political situation around my country in the last six months took too much of my attention, so I had almost no time for hobbies...

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
Life has been getting busier for me lately, as 1.5 year ago my third child was born :)
Also, the political situation around my country in the last six months took too much of my attention, so I had almost no time for hobbies...

Oh, a new baby is always an excelent reason and I wish good luck to you all! ... and I'm crosssing my fingers to see the political situation of your country turns to normality. Very Happy
Luckily you'll find some time to visit the forum. Very Happy

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Sorry for bumping this old tpooic, but do you maybe have a compariton picture with the markhor?That would be really helpful. sunny

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Are the Collecta animals in scale between them ?

PostSubject: Re: Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!   Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife! Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbary sheep, CollectA 2014 Wildlife!
Page 1 of 1