Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What sort of materials do you use ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pluisje1998

Country/State : Belgium

What sort of materials do you use ? Empty
PostSubject: What sort of materials do you use ?   What sort of materials do you use ? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi everyone,

because I have been having a lot of trouble with my repaint materials lately, I decided to start looking for new materials.
My problem is thatthe fixative I used for my pastels, keeps being sticky for months, if not for years.
This just ruins my work and I think it ridiculous to spend a lot of money on stuff which only ruins my work.

I don't dare to start painting with acrylics only, and if I do, I don't know if it needs some sort of varnish or anything.

So I was thinking, what do the people on STS use for their customs?

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What sort of materials do you use ?   What sort of materials do you use ? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm one of those people who doesn't want to spend too much money (and doesn't have much money to spend Wink ) on materials. My fixation doesn't get sticky and I use fixation spray by the brand "spectrum" form the action. It isn't the best probably but it's very good for a low budget product.

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What sort of materials do you use ?   What sort of materials do you use ? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Hurray for the tutorial topics !!!  cheers 

Thankyou, A-J !!!!

I am sure stuff like this can save a lot of blood, sweat and tears...and money  Very Happy 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What sort of materials do you use ?   What sort of materials do you use ? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 pm

On plastic similar to the major brands, the sealer can stay sticky for a long time. Your best bet is to spray on thin layers at a time, let try in open air, and do them one at a time. Open air is the key for drying. Very Happy

I like to use Treehouse brand fixative, but this is exclusive to Hobby Lobby.

PostSubject: Re: What sort of materials do you use ?   What sort of materials do you use ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What sort of materials do you use ?
Page 1 of 1