Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter or northern dioramas

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
remowshake
Philter4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Winter or northern dioramas Empty
PostSubject: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:15 pm

I have been busy finishing the pine trees I am working on, these will be great for a winter or northern diorama. I am not entirely happy with the spruce, but in the photo they look even worse. In life the needle sets are not flat like they look in the photo. I still have to color the needle sets a steel blue, this is supposed to be blue spruce. Next to it is a Algerian fir, a very common tree because of transplants but not native to North America. In the back are the black pine from an earlier post, and the sugar pine.

I hope you all enjoy the photo, if the time comes to make a display or diorama I am thinking of a small forested area with some native animals like deer and wolves or something like that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Good trees my friend Phil!

Congratulations! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 pm

They are so great, Phil ! Very Happy

I always enjoy to see how you can make trees, - so different species, with charesteristics that are hard to define. It must be very, very difficult!

Once I decided to make photoes of live trees, - even that is extremely difficult, they never looked anything as pretty as "live".
So I can imagine the difficulty to make them, - and even show them on photoes here Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:19 am

They are really great Phil, I like the tree at the back on the right.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Your trees are fantastic :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:06 pm

They look great cheers

A winter diorama would be wonderfull, and if it´s anything like your other dioramas it will look absolutly amazing drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:23 am

Good work Phil!
It was some time ago that i saw something from your work...
And i can see now, that you are improving very much! cheers
Yes, Susanne is right to say, that this must me painstaking work indeed! Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Winter or northern dioramas   Winter or northern dioramas Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter or northern dioramas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos-
Jump to: