Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988

Go down 
+10
Taos
Bowhead Whale
widukind
onatello
Tiermann
LeeAnn
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Niki2811
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Niki2811

Niki2811

Country/State : Europa

Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 Empty
PostSubject: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Some weeks ago, I ask here at STS for New Ray dogs. question 
Last Saturday I got these great New Ray dogs for my collection from Simone! cheers 
I have made some photos because I am so happy about them! flower 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

arrow Simone send me also a big surprise! This great Barsoi from New Ray! drunken drunken 

cheers  cheers Vielen, vielen Dank Simone - ich habe mich sehr gefreut!  cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Niklas, these New Ray dogs are so beautiful and I enjoy the angle you used to take your pictures. Very Happy
It is people like Simone, Yvett, Susanne and many others that make many people happy in this foru. . It is great to know you're happy and it doesn't surprise me once as I said, these dogs are really nice! Very Happy
I'll later move your topic to New Ray section, thanks for posting. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:20 pm

What great new figures. Huge congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

That's such a great lot of dogs! cheers I love the Dobermann(?), and the first one! That background is fabulous drunken 
Big congrats Niklas and hurray for Simone! flower 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Congratulations! Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Congratulations on the lovely dogs!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Niki2811

Niki2811

Country/State : Europa

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Thank you all!

For Roger: Yes, here are many very friendly members who helping each other finding animals for the collection. cheers 

For Jonas: It´s the Rottweiler. The background is a little basket with dog-pictures on it. cheers 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Ok, thank you! cheers Very Happy 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Old New Ray dogs and cat?   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:22 am

Hello, I found these two old dogs and a cat from my childhood, they have NEW RAY NOVELTY © 1988 written on their bottom. I remember I got them sometime in the 90s. They have some rubs...Does anybody know something about them? Could they be some rarities today, or at least valuable for somebody?
The cat has creepy eyes, transparent bulbs with iris and pupils printed behind them...
The two dogs are quite cute, I think..they were some of my first model animals...that one on the left is Bullmastiff I believe, the second is a terrier...I also used to have standing black English Cockerspaniel and lying Dobermann, but did not find them.
Comparison of size with Schleich 1:12 Saint Bernard...
I would be pleased with any info, or if somebody is interested, PM me. (yes, they are memories, but on the other hand, they just lying hidden in a box at my parents).

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:36 pm

I dont collect dogs but i know there are a lot to find on ebay :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 10:50 pm

These topics about less known figures are always very interesting. I am sure you'll find someone interested in them. Thanks also for providing additional information about them. It may be helpful to Wiki contributors. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 10:50 pm

Those cats were sold in Dollarama back in 1996!!!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 9:58 pm

I remember having the Bullmastiff but sadly that's gone now.I have the Rough Collie and Newfoundland from this series.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 11:04 pm

Hello,
look for NewRay at TAW:
NewRay Old Dogs
Here my NewRay Dogs and Cats from 1988.
The marking of the cats is unusual because the marking does not appropriate to the cat.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Wonderful New Ray dogs, these models are really nice as they are full of character yet still quite realistic, and the variety of breeds is amazing! cheers It's also really nice that they have the same style, because they're so recognisable as the same series as a result! Very Happy I must try and find this series one day! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 11:18 pm

I found some of these cats and I am curious about them as well! Mine do not have a breed and origin (even an incorrect one) on the bottom, only 1990 Made in China New-Ray Novelty and a number (except one). I also notice TAW has all the breeds listed. Do we know which unpictured breed goes with which cat?

Here's what the bottom looks like.

No number I could find

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 1:22 am

I believe it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who found the list of breeds since she is the only editor on TAW page besides me.
I surely don't have the information and I can't tell just watching them. Laughing I believe collectors like Ken, Simmone and a few others could help but not everyone is active these days.
Congratulations for getting them. They surely give a different charisma to your collection.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 8:03 am

They are fantastic ! Look at those eyes drunken

Hmm...to me they all look like Persians, but the last one COULD be the Himalayan scratch

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 7:15 pm

Thank you! I found them by accident when looking for the My Best Friend cats. I hadn't seen them before, but they were far too appealing not to include in my collection, despite how different they are. I hope someone comes along who can help me sort them. I agree, Susanne, it is hard to know which long haired cat they intended for any of them . . . I assume the one with the smooshiest face is a persian.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 9:18 pm

Wonderful additions!!!I would agree with Susanne,they all seem to be various colour forms of Persians.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 7:48 pm

For some time I was curious about a kind of special figure related to the 1988 New-Ray Novelty Dog series.
Thanks to Enrique, a devoted dog collector, we managed to find it in his collection. Laughing
It is a pencil sharpener. According to him, it is basically a remastered version of the St. Bernard figure of the same series.
I've seen it in an online sale as a Pyrenees Mountain dog. What do you know about it?

Here is the St. Bernard.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 12:05 am

That is really interesting and I am sorry to not be able to help with more with information! study Hurray for Enrique for helping though with information about this mystery dog! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988   Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogs and Cats from New-Ray Novelty 1988
Page 1 of 1