Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!

Go down 
+72
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Jill
Caracal
Taos
Stripedhyena
Concavenator
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
alarikh
Advicot
spacelab
RtasVadumee
tjjtjjtjja
Steve170
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Megaptera
Jolly Reaper
Catman
Florian
jarda
kessan
LindsyCreedon
Tylosaurus
Iuri97
castlerigg
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
WhiteLightning Wolf
elephas_maximus
Brunno
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
Bluemoonvixen
ezra18
Chris Sweetman
Roger
NightLioness
Tarunyada
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
costicuba
HKHollinstone
sauroid
Kristie
Dutch Bear
persefone
blackdanter
sadie3112
lucky luke
JonasV
CilleDK
DaveScriv
landrover
75senta75
ulinuk
scot(t)
Tiermann
weaselfan93
smallscaleworld
LeeAnn
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Roger wrote:
My first fox of 2020 is the Wenno fox that I acquired locally from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I really hope this company can give a step forward and improve their figures substancially to the next generation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Congratulations Applause
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 9:28 pm

I like this fox

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 pm

Thank you Susanne, Andreas, Michael and Steve! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 am

Two more foxes entered my collection.
Both are premium figures and I believe they are older than I am. At least, I am not monochromatic. Wink
It is the red colored fox from Dunkin that I acquired from TodoColleccion and a gift from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. A very funny character from the Bambi series offered by La Roche aux Fées! Some more are expected during next weeks, keep tuned. Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 2:41 am

Very rare models.

Congratulations Rogerio. sunny sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:16 am

Premium figures are interesting, very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:18 am

Amazing that you can keep finding new, great  foxes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Well, but if the experts from this forum can't find them, almost nobody can Wink

widukind wrote:
Premium figures are interesting, very interesting

Yes !!!!
Perhaps a topic for the next SUY cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Thank you Fernando, Andreas and Susanne! Very Happy There is still a long way to walk in this collection and a lot to find too. It is a wonderful adventure! Very Happy

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 6:41 am

Tibetan Sand Fox
Chinese Natural Museum
Naturally cute 2
Release time: 2016.11
Material: Solide pvc

Lucky Animal 2
Release time: 2020.1

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 11:13 am

How did you decide to collect foxes ? Is it your favourite animal ?

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 12:51 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
How did you decide to collect foxes ? Is it your favourite animal ?

My favorite animal is the giant anteater.
The reason why I collect foxes is a long story. Before starting collecting animals, I used to buy loads of Schleich animals to my niece, she was still 3 years old when she started, she is now 14. Some figures were from her choice and a few others were from my personal choice. She liked every kind of animal and, as many children, she started with pandas but the first she choose as a gift from me it was a wolf. I continued buying regularly figures and she loved them all, from deers to crocs or anything else. One day, I bought the Schleich fox, it is not a pretty figure but as she had no fox and her first choice was a wolf, I assumed she would like it. Surprisingly, she refused the figure in a very gentle way and I kept it supposing she would change her mind later. When later she asked me for a hyena and there was no hyenas in Schleich range, I've found the forum and found that a brand called Papo had a hyena in their range. So, I've searched for a local shop selling Papo and I've found it. It was when I saw for the first time the Papo walking tiger, lioness and cheetah and I couldn't resist to these figures and I also started collecting. I started being more active on forum and I've found out how abrangent is this hobby. I turned into a curious of all brands and I wanted to collect an animal figure that could be found across almost all ranges. Obviously I've found that giant anteaters were absolutely rare, I remember seeing online the already retired Schleich anteater being sold for an inconceivable price. So I thought about collecting lions, I love felines and lions are by far the most common wild animals as toy figures. Though, they were really many, with all lionesses and lion cubs and to be fair, at this time, almost all lion male figures were really ugly. Suddenly, I turned my eys to the orphaned Schleich fox and it reminded me a little plastic fox I've lost when I was really young, I can't be sure but it is probably the Comansi fox or a copy of it and I am a quite nostalgic guy. The fox of the Little Princebook was also my favorite literature character of ever. As foxes are also common releases, not exaustively released as lions and they are smaller and prettier, I grabbed my orphaned fox and I started this adventure. The rest of this long novel, you can find in this topic and it is told by the magnanimity of the wonderful forum friends. Well, I know you fell asleep in the meantime but it also helps during this confinment. Sleep

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 12:51 pm

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
Tibetan Sand Fox
Chinese Natural Museum
Naturally cute 2

Lucky Animal 2

Ah, thanks for so interesting and complete informations.
Now we have a release date for the Naturally Cute series, we use to call it Naturally Adorkable but it is the same thing and Cute is a common word that may work better.
It is solide pvc, thanks, I thought it was another kind of material.
You tell it is Naturally Cute 2, do you know the first series?

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Cool story, I didn't know, I'm glad Benjamin asked. Smile
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 1:35 pm

Same here, I also found it interesting :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Thanks for this "tale" Roger Wink

I was waiting for a very strong love story coming from childhood but it is rather a default choice Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Naturally Cute 1
Release time: 2016.3

Naturally cute 2
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 5:36 pm

I do need to find these two ranges, as they are needed in my ever growing collection

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Nice story, Rogério. How a small thing (buying a present for your cousin) grows into a big collecting hobby. It's a good idea to collect all brands of a particular species. Many must be very difficult to find, so I guess you discover many interesting things about various companies while you try to find them. The fox from the Chinese natural museum looks good by the way.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 9:49 pm

What a cool backstory for an awesome collection. I'm glad you picked foxes Roger, you have a splendid compendium of them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 2:25 am

Thanks everyone for reading my unpretentious story. Thanks also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for sharing these sets.
What is special in my foxes collection is not the way it started but the way it developed through loads of gifts and a few trades with forum members. Remarkable the generousness of everyone and the many countries too!
Below a list and sorry if I forget anyone.

Bulgaria: Costadin
Croatia: Bojan
Denmark: Susanne
France: Alain and Christophe
Germany: Andreas, Beatrice, Philipp and Yvette
India: Ezhilan
Indonesia: Nando
Iran: Masoud
Ireland: Phil
Italia: Massimo
Netherlands: Julie, Karin, Nardien, Rosellaar, Sandor and Willy
Poland: Anna Dobrowolska
Russia: Sergey ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Singapore: Ken
Spain: Ana and Isidro
Sweden: Lennart
United Kingdom: Harriet, James Connoly, Sue/Lesley and Taylor
USA: Carolynn, Fallon, Kelly, Kristie, Lance, Laura and Tim

If I am lucky with customs, soon another member will join the party. cheers

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 2:38 am

Roger, thank you for sharing the story of collecting foxes. I knew it, but not with these details :)

tjjtjjtjja wrote:

Lucky Animal 2

Wow , this Tibetan fox has adorable face
Thank you Dirk for showing to us . I see that it is from Lucky Animal 2, is it possible to show us also the other models form serie 1 and 2 .. like you showed the Naturally Cute series ? :) It will be great :)

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 4:24 am

costicuba wrote:

Wow , this Tibetan fox has adorable face
Thank you Dirk for showing to us . I see that it is from Lucky Animal 2, is it possible to show us also the other models form serie 1 and 2 .. like you showed the Naturally Cute series ? :) It will be great :)

If you are interested in Chinese brands, I will post a new topic at STS Forum-Animal toy figures reviews and discussions-Japanese companies-Other Japanese companies Very Happy

Lucky Animal 1
Release time: 2019.1

Lucky Animal 2
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 4:55 am

Wow, thank you very much Dirk cheers
They are really nice made it.

tjjtjjtjja wrote:

If you are interested in Chinese brands, I will post a new topic at STS Forum-Animal toy figures reviews and discussions-Japanese companies-Other Japanese companies Very Happy

I think we are all interested, so it will be really great of you if you do that :)
Thank you !

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 7:48 pm

I am still in confinment and avoiding receiving new figures, especially big pakcges that will oblige me to go to the post office.
However, I needed to break the hammer and I acquired from Ebay a new little vintage fox for my collection.
It is the JIM Fox,  JIM stands for Jouets Incassables Modernes, a French brand. I suspect this figure is from 1950's or 1960's and is it hard plastic? scratch
It is really small, I will show a comparison picture later, its weight is around 3g and it is 10mm tall at the shoulders.
I hope someday to find the Clairet Pinocchio Fox. bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Ohhh, it is ever so lovely , Roger drunken

I have a JIM snake, it says JIM on it, is it also shown on the fox ?

The snake is larger than your fox, - perhaps they are in compareable size as for instance Britains ?

I loved to read you fox-story, even if I already had a good idea how you started Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!
Page 20 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next