Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!

Go down 
+72
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Jill
Caracal
Taos
Stripedhyena
Concavenator
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
alarikh
Advicot
spacelab
RtasVadumee
tjjtjjtjja
Steve170
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Megaptera
Jolly Reaper
Catman
Florian
jarda
kessan
LindsyCreedon
Tylosaurus
Iuri97
castlerigg
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
WhiteLightning Wolf
elephas_maximus
Brunno
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
Bluemoonvixen
ezra18
Chris Sweetman
Roger
NightLioness
Tarunyada
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
costicuba
HKHollinstone
sauroid
Kristie
Dutch Bear
persefone
blackdanter
sadie3112
lucky luke
JonasV
CilleDK
DaveScriv
landrover
75senta75
ulinuk
scot(t)
Tiermann
weaselfan93
smallscaleworld
LeeAnn
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Very nice, must be rare! 1:32 scale, I think Smile

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Nice (g)oldie

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 11:14 pm

This is a great catch Roger ! cheers
It is a lovely , vintage , a storyteller model :)
The JIM models are very interesting.
I got a lion from Andreas... very small model, but it came with almost broken tail ... I tried to fix it corefully , I tried to glue it... and my problems began Laughing
This hard plastic is very very strange. I don`t know why , but the glue didn`t work at all affraid scratch Then I tried to fix it using a metal piece , to hold the tail with the body ... so I tried with heating the metal and like that to go inside the plastic ( with modern plastic is orking..) .. and this didn`t work ..
After all, I did some magic Very Happy , using only acrilic paint, when it`s dry , works like a clay (pasta) and I menage to fix the tail with the body strong enouth.
Other strange thing is, that the plastic on my Lion model is all over with cracks ... like composition model ..

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Thanks Susanne, Roger, Andreas and Kosta! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh, it is ever so lovely , Roger drunken

I have a JIM snake, it says JIM on it, is it also shown on the fox ?

The snake is larger than your fox, - perhaps they are in compareable size as for instance Britains ?

I loved to read you fox-story, even if I already had a good idea how you started Applause

Susanne, I can't see anything marked on it even if I tried with a magnifying glass. Though, I am quite blind and it is not easy to see. However, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] confirmed it and the French Soldat forum is also showing this model as JIM.
I'd say it is Britains scale although I don't have a Britains fox yet. I can find a few on Ebay for sale but all out of my reach.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Very nice, must be rare! 1:32 scale, I think Smile

Curiously, your post is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in this topic, interesting it is from a Roger! Laughing
It is relatively rare but you can find another here for sale. Though, check its condition once my sight is not trustable and even mine is not as good as I thought.
I don't have my Britains with me at the moment but let me know if there is any measurement or comparison that could help you. I think it is acceptable for 1/32 scale but don't put it together with your Britains wolf.

Here a comparison picture with Starlux and Papo fennecs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

costicuba wrote:
This is a great catch Roger ! cheers
It is a lovely , vintage , a storyteller model :)
The JIM models are very interesting.
I got a lion from Andreas... very small model, but it came with almost broken tail ... I tried to fix it corefully , I tried to glue it... and my problems began Laughing
This hard plastic is very very strange. I don`t know why , but the glue didn`t work at all affraid scratch Then I tried to fix it using a metal piece , to hold the tail with the body ... so I tried with heating the metal and like that to go inside the plastic ( with modern plastic is orking..) .. and this didn`t work ..
After all, I did some magic Very Happy , using only acrilic paint, when it`s dry , works like a clay (pasta) and I menage to fix the tail with the body strong enouth.
Other strange thing is, that the plastic on my Lion model is all over with cracks ... like composition model ..

Very interesting Kosta. The plastic of my fox is also in a more debilitated condition than it looks. Hard plastic is always a nightmare to people that try to restore it. Fortunately, your magic skills never fail. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already restored and reworked many hard plastic models but it seems you are not needing his advice for now. The solution of your problem is really unexpected.
By the way, I suppose you can't see anymore if your lion is marked, Can you?

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 11:42 pm

Roger wrote:

Actually I can Very Happy Do you want me to make some photos and showing here ?
Maybe you can use them also for TAW ?
I think that maybe on your fox , a small JIM mark is still hiding from you somewere ... Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:49 am

costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:

Actually I can Very Happy  Do you want me to make some photos and showing here ?
I think that maybe on your fox , a small JIM mark is still hiding from you somewere ... Very Happy

It is possible, I photographed and also magnified it with my mobile phone but I only see a messed amount of traces of the fur sculpt. I have to ask to someone with sharper eyes. I've seen the JIM lion on E-bay, it has a wonderful poses and mmane. If yours is only restored, it is surely interesting for TAW. I think a single picture is enough and you can put it here or on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptySat May 23, 2020 1:30 am

Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:

Actually I can Very Happy  Do you want me to make some photos and showing here ?

It is possible, I photographed and also magnified it with my mobile phone but I only see a messed amount of traces of the fur sculpt. I have to ask to someone with sharper eyes. I've seen the JIM lion on E-bay, it has a wonderful poses and mmane. If yours is only restored, it is surely interesting for TAW. I think a single picture is enough and you can put it here or on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is also possible, that your fox doesn`t have any mark ..
Yes, I also found on ebay much better looking lion models then mine.
Mine is only restored and it is not visible , but the condition of the model is bad... Maybe for TAW we need a better looking one...
Anaway, I will make some photos of mine :)

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:49 am

Awesome catch, Roger! I have this same Fox in my collection but indeed it does not have the JIM branding on it anywhere. It was sold to me as a JIM by a longtime collector sometime last year. I got a JIM heron and camel with it. 

I must advise though to let it on display and don't store it with others in an airtight container. I made that mistake with mine and discovered after pulling my vintage animal tote out one day, that my JIM fox had some kind of weird crystalized film all over it...like the laquer finish had disintegrated right off.  Sad It is still shiny like yours strangely but the body is a tiny bit paler in color in comparison to the legs, head, and tail. With it being a french figure, I fear it has the beginning stages of that awful syndrome where the plastic starts breaking down. 

Since I took it out of the tote though and left it on display in circulated air, it has not done anything else strange for months. I wish I could upload a pic of it but Photobucket is not cooperative at the moment.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:44 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Awesome catch, Roger! I have this same Fox in my collection but indeed it does not have the JIM branding on it anywhere. It was sold to me as a JIM by a longtime collector sometime last year. I got a JIM heron and camel with it. 

I must advise though to let it on display and don't store it with others in an airtight container. I made that mistake with mine and discovered after pulling my vintage animal tote out one day, that my JIM fox had some kind of weird crystalized film all over it...like the laquer finish had disintegrated right off.  Sad It is still shiny like yours strangely but the body is a tiny bit paler in color in comparison to the legs, head, and tail. With it being a french figure, I fear it has the beginning stages of that awful syndrome where the plastic starts breaking down. 

Since I took it out of the tote though and left it on display in circulated air, it has not done anything else strange for months. I wish I could upload a pic of it but Photobucket is not cooperative at the moment.

Thanks for your advice, Fallon! Very Happy Since it arrived it is in my desktop with me but I use to store these very small figures in credit card sized zippered bags made of polyethylene. They are isolated from each other and it is an airtight bag. So your experience tells that an anaerobic condition promotes the degradation? That's very interesting. I think these figures are made of a cellulose acetate but these JIM seem less crystalised than Starlux figures although it is not easy to evaluate using a single tiny figure. I know sunlight is not good to these figures, interestingly, my next fox goal is to get a Clairet/Cyrnos model, being these Clairet quite famous for their melting abilities. I don't see signs of degradation in my Starlux foxes, do you suggest that I also remove them from their little bags?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Wasn't it Clairet models that could get this "illness " ?
I think I never heard that Starlux could get it, - it is a quite different material scratch

Ohh, Roger, I hope you can find the Clairet fox drunken
I have never even seen it Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 4:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wasn't it Clairet models that could get this "illness " ?
I think I never heard that Starlux could get it, - it is a quite different material scratch

Ohh, Roger, I hope you can find the Clairet fox drunken
I have never even seen it Very Happy

Well, there aren't report of Starlux "infected" models, so it is good that I don't start any kind of panic. It is Clairet indeed that is famous for having figures that melt completely but it is told that Clairet models can "contamine" other hard plastic models and Fallon's is reporting her experience with a JIM model we had no idea, could have the same problem. The reasons are all speculative but the experiences are factual.
I'm trying to have a collecting plan for my foxes but we could never guess what comes next, there isn't a single Clairet fox for sale as far as I can see but it is the exact same model as the CYRNOS you can see on TAW from Thiérry's collection.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 5:04 pm

That Cyrnos fox is ever so nice, - I love the pointed nose cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 5:30 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Yes, it is a Pinocchio fox. Wink
I am sorry for telling but I've found some reports of the same disease with Starlux figures. Fortunately it is not very common and apparently it happens only with a batch corresponding to a certain period of manufacturing. Reports I've found were also of non animal series figures.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 5:57 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Yes, it is a Pinocchio fox. Wink
I am sorry for telling but I've found some reports of the same disease with Starlux figures. Fortunately it is not very common and apparently it happens only with a batch corresponding to a certain period of manufacturing. Reports I've found were also of non animal series figures.

Shocked OMG !!!!

Well, fortunately almost all my Starlux models are on shelves so I can keep an eye on them Rolling Eyes What a Face

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 6:51 pm

Wonderful foxes! Very Happy
It's a pity, that there are only few species of foxes, that are released as a model.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 10:43 pm

The Clairet fox should look something like this:

But the Clairet book by Thomas and Trombetta suggests that the fox isn't in the Clairet price list and they don't give any information about it. It may be very rare.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 12:35 am

Rogério, is it the same Jim fox you had planed to order? It seems to be in better state..

Unfortunatly, some Starlux animals can be sick, I had to throw 1 zebra, 2 african buffaloes, 1 lioness, 1 lion, 1 reindeer and 1 addax antelope. It's very few to compare with all the pieces I have and with Clairet animals. The first symptom of the sickness is vinager smell..

Fortunatly, all the bigger models are made with polystyren plastic which is never attacked (bisons, elephants, aurochs, rhino, hyppo, giraffes, dino,.. and I never saw sick little pieces (wolves, foxes, birds, lynx, crocs, otters, weasels, monkeys, pangolins, hyaenas, snakes.. ) or others like bears, boars, red deers, mouflons, chamois ibex, apes..

As explained by Rogério, the sickness seems to be linked to bad blending at some moments.. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 12:58 am

Caracal wrote:
Rogério, is it the same Jim fox you had planed to order? It seems to be in better state..

Yes, it is Alain! It is more than good for me and it is so small that I only can see its condition on pictures.

Megaptera wrote:
Wonderful foxes! Very Happy
It's a pity, that there are only few species of foxes, that are released as a model.

Thanks,that's a fact and I don't understand why there isn't more diversity. Easily many other species could sell as a regular fox does.

rogerpgvg wrote:
The Clairet fox should look something like this:

But the Clairet book by Thomas and Trombetta suggests that the fox isn't in the Clairet price list and they don't give any information about it. It may be very rare.

Thanks Roger, I may take 10 years to get it but that's the fun of collecting. I have a B plan and the CYRNOS is one of Clairet's reused moulds.
Picture from Thiérry's collection.
I have a picture of the Clairet fox from Lionel's collection but I haven't posted here because I haven't asked his permission to do it. Though, Internet is strange once we don't need permission to steal. Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 10:19 am

Yes Rogério, I have the same scrupules about posting pictures from other persons but when you post on the net, you have to accept your pictures can be used by others.. Anyway I asked to Lionel and he's happy if you use his pictures! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 11:53 pm

Thanks Andreas but Clairet and Cyrnos foxes are not mine.  Caracal wrote:
Yes Rogério, I have the same scrupules about posting pictures from other persons but when you post on the net, you have to accept your pictures can be used by others.. Anyway I asked to Lionel and he's happy if you  use his pictures! :)

Big thanks to you and merci to Lionel. I won't post Lionel's Clairet foxes because the topic is already illustrated. Wink

alarikh

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi! I collect foxes as well, I'll probably post them here once I take more photos.

I identified one fox in your collection:

Quote :
Unknown Hard Plastic Sitting Red Fox
From Tim (Tiermann)

This is called "Ruben's Original hand painted bone China like", they came in a set of three, which also contained the other one marked "unknown" in your post:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 11:42 pm

alarikh wrote:
Hi! I collect foxes as well, I'll probably post them here once I take more photos.

Quote :
From Tim (Tiermann)

This is called "Ruben's Original hand painted bone China like", they came in a set of three, which also contained the other one marked "unknown" in your post:

Welcome on forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! It is always a joy when someone identifies our figures. Many thanks!
I see they are a family and not exactly toys, really interesting.
Though, it is even nicer to know you are also a collector of foxes and that you intend to open a topic about your collection. I am really excited to see it. Wonderful avatar and please enjoy on forum! cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 3:19 pm

alarikh wrote:

Quote :
From Tim (Tiermann)

Welcome here

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:01 am

I started receiving again some figures although I keep confined.
It started in a fantastic way with a box from Yvette and a few foxes for my collection.
There are also non foxes models but I will show it oportunely in my additions topic.
This time, an earlier version of the old composition Durolin fox, much nicer than the other I already have.
Another very old model that we suppose to be the Elastolin polar fox from 1920, actually, it looks somewhat different from the pictures I own.
Another Lineol Fox IV generation, recently I had none and now I have three! Laughing
Still a cartoon fox Yvette gave me, it is made by Schleich but I can't find the information Yvette provided me, I will check it later.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!
Page 21 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next