Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nayab and copyrights discussion.

Go down 
+10
JonasV
Ana
ulinuk
QuollMate
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
MartinH
Roger
widukind
nayab
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 11:21

Kikimalou wrote:

At last, yesterday I went to a "King Jouet" shop and I discovered some knock-off boxes about 10 meters from The Schleich displays.

That is what i dont know from Germany. Are this really this Schleich copies by Nayab? Than it is really not okay and fair. Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 11:49

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

At last, yesterday I went to a "King Jouet" shop and I discovered some knock-off boxes about 10 meters from The Schleich displays.

That is what i dont know from Germany. Are this really this Schleich copies by Nayab? Than it is really not okay and fair. Very Happy

Not exactly... But not so far.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 12:03

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Not exactly... But not so far.

My discussion means only Nayab. Very Happy Because if they dont sale this copies here i ithink it is fair for Europa Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 12:29

jarda wrote:

I think it is not bad that in the Czech Republic are available both the sorts of figures today, the expensive branded ones (for serious collectors) and their cheaper "knock offs" (toys for children). The young collectors usually don´t care about the brand, they want just more nice animals for their ZOO. Their parents can buy more figures for the same money and the quality of these figures is often fully competitive (please compare the Papo and Wild Park tigers above).

Yes, their quality is very competitive because they didn't have to invest in product development but simply took the mould from the existing sculpture.

I'm not against the Nayab as a producer of cheaper animal figures. They use to produce cheap but original products too, also comparable in quality with "major" brands (camel, buffalo, crocodile, some very nice parrots and more). But when they take the moulds from others it is something they do directly against the de bigger brands and especially against designers.

I do think customers should be able to choose between cheap or expensive toys, but the cheaper one shouldn't be just an exact copy of the other's sculpture. Someone spend weeks to develop beautiful sculpture of the tiger or cheetah, (not even mention years of education and research) and someone else spend 2 hours on taking mould from this sculpture and this second someone will make bigger profit than the person who designed it. This second someone may not even care if it was cheetah or jaguar, may not even know the difference Neutral

jarda wrote:
I can not understand why some crazy people from western industrial countries are interested in the branded products only - in the fact most of these "branded" products are produced in China the very same way as the cheapest ones...

My opinion isn't based on my craziness about any brand, I'm not like "oh yes, it's made by Schleich/Papo so it's superior to others" or "my bike is THIS brand so it's better". No, I'm far away from this type of thinking. My opinion is connected with my job obviously. If I would see my work copied by Chinese company I would know that yes, this happened and will happen all the time in future. But I would still think it is unfair for me. And I would be upset if someone said "it is not your sculpture even if it looks exactly the same"

And you know why I decided to say anything in this topic? I really tried to not comment at the beginning. But the words "It looks the same but it doesn't mean it belong to them" it was just too much, I find it very arrogant to say so. I would rather like to hear "yes we copied these sculptures but it is legal in our country and you can do nothing about it" instead of pretending "this is our design". As we collectors have no eyes. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 12:45

I agree Ana Wink

What would we say if tomorrow we will discover some Ana's work knocks-off made by Nayab ? Would we say it is a good thing or it is not important. I don't think so, at least I hope.

We don't know the sculptors of the original models but they could be member of STS. Even if they are not, their works need to be respected.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 13:41

Thank you for your words Christophe. sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 3:50

Ana wrote:
Thank you for your words Christophe. sunny

You are welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 19:17

EXACTLY ANNA!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 22:11

MORE THAN A YEAR LATER .

Hmmm ...I think we should change the title of this topic Rolling Eyes

I was very exited to find somthing about Nayab dinos, - but it is really a discussion about copyright.

Just a darned shame that the poor guy was chasen away, - I can see that he even erased most of his comments Sad

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2015 - 18:50

SUSANNE wrote:
Hmmm ...I think we should change the title of this topic Rolling Eyes

I was very exited to find somthing about Nayab dinos, - but it is really a discussion about copyright.

Just a darned shame that the poor guy was chasen away, - I can see that he even erased most of his comments Sad

I renamed it although I don't know how to call it. geek
Actually, this topic is very interesting, even with deleted comments! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2015 - 19:15

Great, Roger cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nayab and copyrights discussion.   Nayab and copyrights discussion. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nayab and copyrights discussion.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3