Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)

Go down 
+6
Roger
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
JonasV
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Since I saw these tree in the Schleich catalogue for 2014, I have been very curious to see them .
Now they are here, and I am happy to show a few photos.

Previous Horse & Rider . sets have been in "playset" boxes, with some sort of stand.
The horses of these, previous, models had their tack moulded on, and I know that some children were very disapointed that it could not be taken off.
These models are clearly more suited for playing, and the horses are more toy'ish, - but still very nice models, I think.

The western rider is a nice girl, with a good seat, aa she leads her stocky pony along with one hand  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nicely detailed saddle Wink

In my yourth, tournament riders wrere wearing black and white, - but this girl is more modern  Shocked
Her beautyful, grey pony is very fashinably dressed too  Laughing
Looks like she should have a lot more contact with the horses mouth, - the hind hoof hits the back of the front hoof, - serious danger of the horse stepping in the front shoe Shocked
But they both look very happy, so they must be ok Wink

This girl is a recrational rider, - is that what it is called in English ?  scratch
I find this model the most interesting.
A very good detail is that the hirl wears a safety vest ... and isn't it an Icelandic horse ?  Very Happy
Perhaps the rump is a bit too rounded , but that is normal for Schleich Iceys ?

What gait is this ?
Hmmm, it could almost be a canter, but the way the hind hock bends/kicks could indicate a pacey tölt, also known as "Pölt", - which is a gait that many iceys chose when the rider is not too experienced Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Many thanks for showing them, Susanne! I was very interested in these like you were.
I had a lot of fun reading your thoughts Very Happy
The last one, Icey? is best to me! Very nice horse with something special. These Schleich horses just hypnotize you thru the screen and leeets go shopping... Rolling Eyes
Btw could the last one be a haflinger?
l like also those two!  sunny
A good notice that  the white pony's hooves are almost touching each others. @ Isn't it pretty common "accident" that horse steps to his pasterns?

Thanks a lot sunny sunny

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 am

Congratulations and thank you for the photos of these! cheers I thought I'd love the white one, but I don't like that pose at all. No Is the fly bonnet molded on?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 am

Thankyou, Jonas and LeeAnn Very Happy
jonesee wrote:

The last one, Icey? is best to me! Very nice horse with something special. These Schleich horses just hypnotize you thru the screen and leeets go shopping... Rolling Eyes
Btw could the last one be a haflinger?
l like also those two!  sunny
A good notice that  the white pony's hooves are almost touching each others. @ Isn't it pretty common "accident" that horse steps to his pasterns?

I also think the chestnut horse is the most interesting, - and, yes, perhaps it is supposed to be a haflinger. Hard to tell Laughing
As far as I know, it is a combination of wrong shoeing and lack of the rider's skills if a horse steps on his pasterns. It must be terribly painfull.
Perhaps some of our young, talented riders can tell more ?

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
...Is the fly bonnet molded on?

Yes, it is moulded on Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am

Congratulations Susanne :)!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:07 am

Very nice sets Susanne! cheers
I like the western rider and tack most from these 3 but perhaps the "recreational" horse is the prettiest? Interesting how it moves indeed. Very Happy
The "tournament" rider and horse look least appealing to me scratch
Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 pm

I think it is the first I comment this kind of sets knowing what I am seeing in real. Very Happy The last one you've sent to Nicole may be my favorite although the horse of the second picture would suit also perfectly Nicole's taste. It is very interesting to read your comments along with your pictures. flower

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:49 am

These are reasonably well made sets - I will probably purchase them eventually. Some of the Western sets done over the past few years are the best product Schleich produced during that interval, IMHO... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Thank you very muc for sharing Very Happy Personally I agree with you, the Icey one is the most interesting. The horse has a lovely face and eyes, and even the rider's face looks very good cyclops

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:53 am

I think the horse from the recreational set might be a Paso Fino? What do you think? Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Ana wrote:
I think the horse from the recreational set might be a Paso Fino? What do you think?   Smile  Smile  Smile

Yes, the paso finos do go, what we would call a receational tölt in Iceys Very Happy
But they are more lightly built than Iceys, and do not have that wonderful, huge mane ...
Doing this kind of tölt, an icey would hold the neck more relaxed  ( Like the model) than the Paso Fino would have to .

Well, that was three guesses as to the breed.   scratch
It seems that Schleich can make one horse that fit to many people's liking  cheers

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Yes, the paso finos do go, what we would call a receational tölt in Iceys Very Happy
But they are more lightly built than Iceys, and do not have that wonderful, huge mane ...
Doing this kind of tölt, an icey would hold the neck more relaxed  ( Like the model) than the Paso Fino would have to .

It seems that Schleich can make one horse that fit to many people's liking  cheers

OK, let it be 50% Icey x 25% Haflinger x 25% Paso Fino cross lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I want all three of them.... cheers cheers cheers
there on my wishlist now for my next order to MPV....
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 5:04 pm

I wish they released the horses themselves, they are pretty nice in my opinion. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Ana wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

OK, let it be 50% Icey x 25% Haflinger x 25% Paso Fino cross lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! Very Happy And a bit Finn horse Laughing

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 2:13 pm

And here is the fourth one, new for 2016 , - 42288 Eventing rider Very Happy

A bit sad when thinking back to the many series where the paintwork was impressive , - Knights, Western, Heros etc Rolling Eyes

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks for showing Susanne! :)

PostSubject: Re: Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)   Three girls and their horses, and now (2016)  there are four ;-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Three girls and their horses, and now (2016) there are four ;-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: