Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the colouring touched up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Is the colouring touched up? Empty
PostSubject: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi guys Very Happy
As some of you know I have been searching for this hippo for a while now. I have noticed something of interest.
I have never seen a hippo that looks like this, not even remotely like it.  Shocked  No
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The only one that came close was this...

Otherwise all of them are a boring plain grey, with perhaps a small touch of this shading. There are actually quite a few around for me to choose from, but I have been waiting to see if I can find a nice colouring. The one above is too expensive for me.
So my question is.. Do they actually touch up their photos to make their products more desirable?
Will I find one with more decent colouring or is this a wild goose chase?  Very Happy  geek
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Oh, absolutely they will make the photo look better than the real thing. It's a marketing ploy, anything to get you to buy the product.

I personally have never seen that hippo with pink shading unfortunately, this was a disappointment to me too.

Here's the stock photo for the Mojo Fun Arab Mare in Foal:

And here's the real thing:

It's rare that the stock photo matches up with the real thing.

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:14 pm

I always loved your photos Lee Ann sunny Very Happy cheers
This just proves it, you should photograph these animals for the stores, you really should Very Happy
Well, I guess that is dissapointing but not very surprising. It will aid the search though as now I am not looking for something that isn't there Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm glad to hear you like them, I try my best cheers

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:47 pm

I like the catalog-hippo too but have never seen one like this Sad Good luck finding the perfect Very Happy
That Mojo arab looks actually pretty damn ugly in LeeAnn's photo... And this time it's not about the photo Neutral Rolling Eyes

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I'm glad to hear you like them, I try my best cheers

With great result Applause

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Well Jonas I am not a horse expert Rolling Eyes Wink I cannot make judgements based on the appearance or colour.
I will leave that up to you Wink Laughing  
I don't think there is such thing as a perfect hippo, but we will see cheers

Susanne wrote:
With great result Applause

Exactly my words cheers sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Schleichgirl wrote:
Well Jonas I am not a horse expert Rolling Eyes Wink I cannot make judgements based on the appearance or colour.
I will leave that up to you Wink Laughing  
I don't think there is such thing as a perfect hippo, but we will see cheers

I didn't say you are... Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy  Haha I feel like I'm the crusty on the forum who's all the time judging the new horses Razz  

Almost perfect is perfect Wink

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the colouring touched up?   Is the colouring touched up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the colouring touched up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: