Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Which brands can you find locally?

Go down 
+44
Masoud
Liiolii
Drachenherzen
Shanti
normal fox
Bowhead Whale
shadoweon
Rhamphorhynchus
goatherder
Chris Sweetman
john2xtheman
Tarunyada
Night Elf
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
pipsxlch
Wilorvise
GiselleGazelle
Gwaine
QuollMate
JonasV
krista
LeeAnn
NandO
scot(t)
Jetty
terrine
Carola
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Ana
Tiermann
Taos
widukind
ulinuk
Fisva
costicuba
Bloodrayne
Takama
Dutch Bear
skysthelimit
arafan
NightLioness
stecal
Roger
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-08-21
Posts : 29123

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Collecta and Mojo ----> cheap
Papo and Safari ------> Expensive
And Surprisingly you cant find Schliech T Bulyland and others in Iran

That's very interesting! May it be because Mojö and CollectA are imported from Hong Kong? In my country Papo is also very expensive and some of them are even manufactured here. Laughing

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany
Age : 31
Joined : 2017-11-12
Posts : 1682

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 6:57 am

In my town, I can find Schleich everywhere and there is a shop, which is selling Papo. In the Zoo of Erfurt, there are some Safari figures available. And I found CollectA, Papp, Safari and others in the Zoo of Munich.
Back to top Go down
Ravonium



Country/State : England, UK
Age : 16
Joined : 2018-05-13
Posts : 87

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 7:22 am

In my town (and the immediately surrounding area), all but 1 physical toy store that sold toy animals has closed/is closing.

The only one that is still open sells Schleich and Papo. There is one (now closed) toy store that sold some Bullyland and CollectA toys.

Never seen Safari Ltd or Mojo on sale physically.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Collecta and Mojo ----> cheap
Papo and Safari ------> Expensive
And Surprisingly you cant find Schliech T Bulyland and others in Iran

Late reply, I know, but quite a good selection you have in your country Smile  I agree with Roger that Mojo and CollectA being from Hong Kong is likely a contributor. I'm guessing the reason Papos and Safaris are expensive may be to do with the fact that they are Western brands. Same applies to why Schleich and Bullyland aren't available.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada
Age : 44
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2213

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In my town (and the immediately surrounding area), all but 1 physical toy store that sold toy animals has closed/is closing.

The only one that is still open sells Schleich and Papo. There is one (now closed) toy store that sold some Bullyland and CollectA toys.

Never seen Safari Ltd or Mojo on sale physically.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Collecta and Mojo ----> cheap
Papo and Safari ------> Expensive
And Surprisingly you cant find Schliech T Bulyland and others in Iran

Late reply, I know, but quite a good selection you have in your country Smile  I agree with Roger that Mojo and CollectA being from Hong Kong is likely a contributor. I'm guessing the reason Papos and Safaris are expensive may be to do with the fact that they are Western brands. Same applies to why Schleich and Bullyland aren't available.

They may be western brands, but they are still made in China. Only Playmobil is made in Europe exclusively.
Back to top Go down
Ravonium



Country/State : England, UK
Age : 16
Joined : 2018-05-13
Posts : 87

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 5:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

They may be western brands, but they are still made in China. Only Playmobil is made in Europe exclusively.

Do you know if they are distributed from China?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada
Age : 44
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2213

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

They may be western brands, but they are still made in China. Only Playmobil is made in Europe exclusively.

Do you know if they are distributed from China?

Hum... I'm not sure. But if they are made in Europe (Tzchek Republic, Malte Island and Germany), it is more likely that they are distributed from Europe. But I'm sure they are distributed IN China. Was it the right meaning of your question, or did I misunderstood your question (me being french speaking)?
Back to top Go down
Ravonium



Country/State : England, UK
Age : 16
Joined : 2018-05-13
Posts : 87

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 8:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Was it the right meaning of your question, or did I misunderstood your question (me being french speaking)?

I should have been more specific; I was asking about the brands that produce figures in China, not about Playmobil.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain
Age : 15
Joined : 2020-01-12
Posts : 3594

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 7:20 pm

In my village I can find Schleich & Bullyland.

The Schleich available is Wildlife, Farm, Horse Club, Dinosaurs and Eldrador
The Bullyland available is mainly Disney as well as a few dragons

Maybe half an hour to an hour from my home there were three toy shops that sold Schleich and Papo but now two are shut down and other sells made in China dinosaurs instead.

A town not too far from my village (maybe 10 mins drive) sells Schleich and lots of Mojo! They stock all the new figures from chickens to the blue grouper


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ADAM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-31
Posts : 37931

Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 10:34 pm

I have seen a toy shop in the old town of Rhodes sales CollectA (but not so many)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Which brands can you find locally?
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: