Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)

Go down 
+12
A.R.Garcia
Kikimalou
Robert
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Ana
arafan
LeeAnn
JonasV
widukind
SUSANNE
Dark Pegasus
16 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) Empty
PostSubject: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:17 am

Let me be the first one who tried to repaint this lion :)
I have this beautiful figure from Susanne and like I wrote on her topic, I realy like this model.
And actually, the paint job of the figure it`s pretty good...
I just wanted to repaint  inside the mouth, bacouse for me , was too pink...
But then, I couldn`t stop.. :) And I changed the face...then the body..
Now is not so diferent then the original, but I hope it looks more realistic :)
Let`s see first the original model :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And now, here is the new look of that lion:

Thank`s for watching Wink

Last edited by costicuba on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Pegasus

Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:56 am

Great ! Now look very realistic !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:15 am

Now it is PERFECT cheers

As you say, the original look was not bad, but now the plastic' ish look is gone, and even the toes are much better Shocked Shocked

The look of the face is great, - the eyes also look more right ...amazing how your paint can make a nice model WONDERFUL Applause Applause Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:24 am

Very nice repaint!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:37 am

Absolutely wonderful repaint! I keep wondering how someone can do it so well Surprised Very good job :)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:37 am

Much better! Great work as always, love it!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:46 am

That's a brave project and it show how much you trust in your talent. Repainting a figure with a very decent original painting is a bold decision. Very Happy
I am sure it is even more noticiable in real but only comparing pictures of the original with yours once I don't have it yet, it is evident that you improved it and you also accentuated the realism of a figure that was already realistic. Very Happy Oh, the standing Grizzly bear would love surely to be repainted too! Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:06 am

Thank you guys :)
I`m happy that you like it Wink)

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:15 am

Awesome work! Is it a asian lion? Very Happy
And I can't see anything of a glued mouth, just awesome what such "small" things can chamge. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Wow, now it looks very very realistic!!! It was not bad before but in new colour it is amazing!!! Congratulations Kosta and thank you for sharing! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:15 pm

You got me silent Kosta. You did a awesome job!
Wouldn't mind to have this beautie among my lions.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 am

Shocked What a menacing fellow. Great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:54 am

Very nice repaint! Congrats. Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 am

Thank you, thank you everybody cheers
arafan wrote:
Awesome work! Is it a asian lion? Very Happy
And I can't see anything of a glued mouth, just awesome what such "small" things can chamge. Very Happy

I`m not shure.....can be an african lion...but also can be an asian... :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Ok, I will buy this one Wink Applause Applause Applause

Roger wrote:
Oh, the standing Grizzly bear would love surely to be repainted too! Very Happy

I agree Rogério bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:13 am

You wasted no time with this lion! It turned out well, and makes quite a statue. It goes to show that even well-painted models can be transformed with repainting. I haven't been brave enough to try it, yet.

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you Andy :))

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 4:08 am

Wow, looking great!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Great job! That third photo (From the top) is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:38 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Great job! That third photo (From the top) is awesome!

Balty, it is great to hear from you again! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks! Just been really busy(Work, dogs, usual house/yard/garden stuff(Got big time into rare succulents) etc.). As far as animal figure collecting, this year only got the Papo Roaring Lion and Snow Leopard. Nothing else from the other companies (Safari LTD (Wished Peccary was more detailed and they had done some more WW(Like a WW Indian rhino version of their smaller Wildlife line), CollectA (May get the pygmy hippo? I like the Anaconda, but one thing I realized is I prefer figures in "non-movement" standing/sitting/lying position or easy walk (Not "fast action" running or leaping etc., not that they're not beautiful too), and the anaconda is kind of in that open mouth striking pose), or Mojo (Pangolin looks nice), or Schleich (Did get 3 of 2013 Male Chimpanzees and painted faces/ears all black and they came out really nice, they look more like a group(Position them different angles) of Bonobos) really excited me this year. Of course, not to "complain"(I know it's my same old song..) but I still wish figures were more in "relative scale" like my good ole Britains...
Still been collecting DC Collectibles Arkham Batman figures and NECA Planet of the Apes line which are both amazing & artistic! Anyway, really enjoy/appreciate seeing everyone's posts/figures/new fig info etc.
Happy Thanksgiving to all : ) Oh, and Big Cat Week on Nat Geo Wild coming up! The Man vs Lion looks really good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)   The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :) Empty

Back to top Go down

The new PAPO roaring lion 2014 , with new color :)
Page 1 of 1