Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+11
Sassyscribbler
Numa
skysthelimit
NightLioness
arafan
JonasV
donny ong
SUSANNE
Fisva
widukind
Wilorvise
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:00 am

Even if Starlux and Clairet made one in the 1950's, the Water buffalo gold standard was the Britains for decades until CollectA decided to make one for 2014.

Even if it is a bit late, I can't resist to show you some pics of the new Water buffalo king. I hope you will enjoy Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:04 am

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:05 am

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:06 am

Closer pics ?

Even closer ? Wink

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:07 am

Even closer ? Wink

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 am

Christophe, your photography is amazing as usual and inspires me to want to go out and buy one right away because you make it look so good. Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:05 am

It is really the king of the water buffalo figurines and a must have too!! Thanks for the pics Kiki!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 am

Thanks Kiki! Now I know how it looks like! Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 am

Great walkaround as always cheers
Whenever I see that Kikimalou has made a new walkaround, I get very happy ! Always a joy to see Applause

This buffalo is a wonderful model, - the bovine spirit excellently cought in his expression. I can almost smell him Laughing

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:24 am

I have this one. Amazing. One of my top favourite figurines.
Great photos Christophe.

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:42 am

cheers cheers Thanks you! Merci Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Merci beaucup pour ces photos brilliantes! Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:13 pm

He is on my WL. And again I know why cheers
Great photos Kiki, thank you Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Beautiful pictures of an excellent animal. I have it and love it cheers

Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:16 pm

This is based on the true and endangered Wild Water Buffalo a few herds of which can be still found in some parts of India. The inspiration for this sculpt was based on a bull from the Kazirangha national park.

I still hope to see a domestic Water buffalo someday by one of the other brands as those animals have a different shaped body and horns which is also very nice.

Great photos Christophe
Back to top Go down
Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Beautiful pictures! He is now on my list to order! Thank you!

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:46 am

What a great tribute to this impressive figure! cheers
We often asked on forum for a water buffalo and as usual last years, CollectA surprised us. Very Happy
The figure is good, maybe lacks only some sumptuousness to match the real animal. Though, no complaints, I have it and if I hadn't it yet, I'd surely buy it immediately after seeing these great pictures! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 7:15 am

Thank you Rogério Very Happy

Of course this model should be improved, though it is already a big something Very Happy What I love the most n this one is the impressive painting, CollectA made a great job Applause
Back to top Go down
Midnight wolf stables

Midnight wolf stables

Country/State : Arkansas

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 4:37 am

Must add to herd. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:33 am

Midnight wolf stables wrote:
Must add to herd. Smile

I agree cheers
Back to top Go down
SouthNoah

SouthNoah

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Looking for a water buffalo figure, I have found the CollectA one. But, you don't think it's oversized?, I 'm a little obsessed with the scales of my collection, sometimes I let them pass more than others, but a buffalo larger than a African elephant seems to me a nonsense, to few centimeters to be higher than the giraffe. What you think? Is there another figure of another brand, which is of a smaller size?

SouthNoah

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Even if Starlux and Clairet made one in the 1950's, the Water buffalo gold standard was the Britains for decades until CollectA decided to make one for 2014.

Even if it is a bit late, I can't resist to show you some pics of the new Water buffalo king. I hope you will enjoy Very Happy

Although now watching the buffalo next to the playmobil, I think I've been wrong enough, so what are the measures that put on the website? I do'nt understand, I feel like an idiot No

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 3:24 pm

They're surely giving height taking in consideration these huge horns. If you are obsessed with scale, you can never collect Schleich because everything is illusive. Actually, to collect in scale you needed to make a very limited selection of figures among several major brands.
Wild Asian buffalos are larger than African buffalos, they are big beasts. I don't know any other better option for an Asian water buffalo besides CollectA. It is the figure I use, it is not larger than any of the African elephants despite being a massive figure. It is also a very good sculpt and highly recommendable. You can see below a picture showing it with Safari's and Papo's buffalos, two figures that are the same size as Schleich's cape buffalo. Notice also the Schleich calf.
Picture is from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] collection.

Last edited by Roger on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SouthNoah

SouthNoah

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Roger wrote:
They're surely giving height taking in consideration these huge horns. If you are obsessed with scale, you can never collect Schleich because everything is illusive. Actually, to collect in scale you needed to make a very limited selection of figures among several major brands.
Wild Asian buffalos are larger than African buffalos, they are big beasts. I don't know any other better option for an Asian water buffalo besides CollectA. It is the figure I use, it is not larger than any of the African elephants despite being a massive figure. It is also a very good sculpt and highly recommendable. You can see below a picture showing it with Safari's and Papo's buffalos, two figures that are the same size as Schleich's cape buffalo. Notice also the Schleich calf.
Picture is from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] collection.

I still seem excessive, I know that the water buffalo are bigger than the Cape buffalo, but I still think it is oversized, when I have to buy the gaur, then it will be super huge?, the collecta figure is very pretty, but I do not know if it convinces me .
Schleich is not my favorite brand, it is the easiest to buy in stores in Spain, my first animals as beautiful replicas were Schleich, because I knew no other brand, and I bought everything in stores. Sad

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 4:16 pm

SouthNoah wrote:

I still seem excessive, I know that the water buffalo are bigger than the Cape buffalo, but I still think it is oversized, when I have to buy the gaur, then it will be super huge?, the collecta figure is very pretty, but I do not know if it convinces me .
Schleich is not my favorite brand, it is the easiest to buy in stores in Spain, my first animals as beautiful replicas were Schleich, because I knew no other brand, and I bought everything in stores. Sad

I was not judging in any way the fact that you collect Schleich. Most of us started this hobby with them exactly because of the same reason as you mentioned. About the bull, decision is yours but I think that these massive horns make it look larger than it is in real. The Mojö Indian gaur is also a big figure but it always depend from which figures you take as comparison. They are surely big when compared with a Schleich African elephant but they are very small when compared with a Schleich tiger (their predator). I am much more tolerant with sizes today when I was when I started collecting and I think these two Asian wild bulls worth all the money invested once they are not so big and they represent fabulous animals with a high quality level. They are also the only representatives of these species in this size range. The Mojö Fun Indian gaur is one of my favorite figures of ever if not the absolute favorite.
Though, as they are still available in both company ranges and you have still several figures to get, maybe you can start acquiring those you are sure you like the size. Idea

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The CollectA 88657 Wild Water Buffalo: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next