Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new trees have arrived

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

The new trees have arrived Empty
PostSubject: The new trees have arrived   The new trees have arrived EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:24 am

I now an really excited, the two new trees, a yellow acacia and a giant boabab tree have arrived along with 3 thorn bushes with foliage.

Here are the photos, and all I can say is they look better then I can do with my camara.
Here is the boabab, what a giant, the thing is huge, in fact it may be too big, which means a seperate dio with it as the center piece. It is such a beautiful tree, the texture of teh bark and the leaf structure is fantastic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the yellow acacia, I love this tree, this is right now tied as my favorite with the shea tree.

Here is the shea tree, even though I have shown this, it is the new home for my leopard.

Here is the smaller thorn bushes

And finally the large thorn bushes.

I am not entirely sure where these things are going in the final setup, but I am moving along really well with the extension, laying the grass and red earth. I hope to be done by the end of summer so I can do my Asian diorama. My mini is being worked on as well, I put the first layer of water in the model today, the second set will be tomorrow, I guess the table isn't level because the water pooled on the left side, so I have to support it and lay the water down on the right tomorrow. I will post pics as soon as it is set.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   The new trees have arrived EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:29 am

They look amazing Phil. So detailed. Congratulations on getting such masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   The new trees have arrived EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:55 am

Congratulation Phil, they are really marvelous. Your dio will be so beautiful ! We are so far from the first pics Cool
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   The new trees have arrived EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Congratulations Phil!! It's looks absolutely fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   The new trees have arrived EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Sir that is one cool baobab you have, is the tree of real wood? I'm planing on building a safari style diorama, with roads or a train track, i would prefer safari vehicles that could move thru the diorama, just like a real safari, but i have not being able to find anything online yet, so it might have to be a train. I purchased the Schleich baobab a while back, and was planing on getting a second one, but i hated the fact that they both would look the same, so i was thinking about leaving the green parts off the second, but your baobab is the most realistic tree i have ever seen, would you please let me know where you can get trees like this.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   The new trees have arrived Empty

Back to top Go down

The new trees have arrived
Page 1 of 1