Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Animsaurus Collection

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2015 5:44 pm

Drawn by an artist or not, you definitely had a hand in its creation, even if not a literal hand. The whole idea of starting your own line and brainstorming it, hiring someone capable to create it, and launching it into reality is really awesome. Goooo Takama!

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 4:39 am

Wilorvise wrote:
Drawn by an artist or not, you definitely had a hand in its creation, even if not a literal hand.  The whole idea of starting your own line and brainstorming it, hiring someone capable to create it, and launching it into reality is really awesome. Goooo Takama!

Would you like to have a say on what comes out? Here is a poll i made, With pictures of the Dinosaurs to choose. Basically whatever you think looks cool, cute, or scary, you can vote for it.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Torvosaurus Progress

:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Our next model.

Metriacanthosaurus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:33 am

The MEtriacanthosaurus will be part of our Second wave of Dinosaurs Other dinosaurs to expect are the following

Vulcanodon

Equijubus

Psittacosaurus

Nodosaurus

Yes that last one was a part of the poll, but i really wanted to do this Genus. Im sorry i wont be doing the Winning poll Model first.

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:12 am

Good choices. After all, a voting pool of 13 participants is not an accurate simple random sample. I am sure you will eventually get around to making the ones voted on... but regardless, congratulations.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:04 am

Will you make a psittacosaurus based in that draw? Shocked That's cool! Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 2:48 am

I will base it on that Species, but I will not base it on the entire picture. That is frowned upon in the World of Paleoart. I want use the head type.

Also, i hope to have a secret model for each Wave. Wave ones Model is Under construction, and wave twos been selected. Only hints i will give is that the first one was named thanks to Jurassic Park, and the second one is named after a Rock star. (One of the Videos i posted in the music thread features him)

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 11:38 pm

Ok i made some changes for the line.    Wave 2 dinosaurs will be swapped with wave three dinosaurs which are the following

Bullockornis planei

Lythronax argestes

Coahuilaceratops magnacuerna

All but one of those Dinosaurs were voted by Forum members(One of them is from STS, and another is my choice)

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:57 am

I must say those are magnificent choices! cheers

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 2:50 am

Behold, our Secret model.
Tianchisaurus nedegoapeferima
The Dinosaur whose Species name was a Composite of most of the Actors last names from the Film Jurassic Park

Expect this, and the Erectopus to be for sale soon

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:05 am

With a name like that it is not hard to keep it as a secret! Laughing Glad of seeing your project growing! Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:26 am

BTW disregard the potential animals i listed. Im never sure what im going to do next. Though i will state that Voted Animals will be Done. The Third 1:32 model, The Torvosaurus, could be done in October or sooner (Im not saying it will Be, Its just an Estimate)

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:03 am

Ok The Erectopus and Tianchisaurus are now avalible at Dans Dinosaurs.

Brandon is currently working on the Torvosaurus and its torso is 50% complete. After that, he said he wanted to do His own models for his own line for a while before returning to do his servicies.

In the mean time, i contacted another artist who is willing to do Sculpt work for my line of Dinosaurs. He goes by the name Jetoer on the DTF, and he sculpted some articulated models as well as insects. I approched him with curosity to his Articulated Sculptures, and almost commissioned an articulated Dinosaur that was not a part of the Animasaurus line. But then i wondered if he be willing to sculpt for the Animasaurus Collection. He said he love to. So i came up with a list of animals i will have him do, and a list of animals that i will have Brandon do.

Right now nothing has been Commisioned yet, but I did propose an idea to Jetoer

This is a Leshansaurus, a reletive of Torvosaurus that lived in China
My idea is to have Jetoer sculpt a one of thes bad boys running with a Baby Herbovoure in his mouth, while the mother furiously chases him away to either keep him away from the nest he raided.

This is the herbovoire
A Gigantspinosaurus. This sTegosaur gets its name from the huge spikes on its shoulder. It was a small one at only 4 meters long.

I hope to have him make the LEshansaurus Run off with the baby In his mouth while the Mother is bellowing and Trotting after him.

What do you all think of this plan?

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:30 am

Congrats on getting two more models into production. sunny cheers

I think if your proposed model becomes reality and is nearly as good as your description it will be a miniature masterpiece. I admit I don't know much about feasibility on such endeavors, but it sounds cool.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 9:17 am

Gosh, I had not even seen the Tianchisaurus nedegoapeferima Sleep Sleep
A lovely model Applause

The little giant with the huge spikes is a fantastic looking creature, - and brave too, it seems, to chase the Leshansaurus !!! Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:05 pm

I think your plans are great! Very Happy You mean Jetoar? Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 3:46 am

Yes, i mean him. Is he a member here too?

Anyways I realize i made a lot of ideas, but im not sure what i will do next. all i know is that the Forum requested models will be started when Brandon is ready.

I been trying to think of what models i will have Jetoar work on. As with brandon, i pay him to bring a model to life, and he gets an ex amount of the profits. though he said he cannot Cast models as of now, so what we do is have the prototype being sent to Brandon where i pay him to create a mold for casting to our customers.

Im also debating if i should save the Leshansaurus for Brandon, as it is a Megalosaur, and Brandon is working on a Torvosaurus, so maybe i should have him make that family of Dinosaurs, while Jetoar will work on Stegosaurs. Plus I like to make companion pieces come out away from eachother.

Here is my Plans for Jetoar as of now.

Udanoceratops
Based On this painting

Abelisaurus

And the Gigantspinosaurus. I will have him do more, but im not sure what else to have him do

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Jetoar is not a member here as far as I know. I use to read some of his topics on ATF though. :) I think you should use your initiative to think in opening a small toy company of dino toy figures, :)

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:43 am

Well My attempt to avoid Dubious Species has FAILED

Tianchisaurus is a Nomen Dubium Now. So its remains are very sparse and the animal probably never exsisted.

Im at a lost for words

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 5:20 am

Oh that is frustrating I'm sure.

I suppose you could remarket it, make it part of a special sub-line called The Sub Dubiums? Make it a limited edition run?

You're doing great, there's bound to be some hiccups along the way. The timing of the update is unfortunate, but there's nothing to say we won't find a dino that looks like it later on. Paleontology has still more skeletons to unearth!

And when all is said and done it's still a cool model.

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:10 am

Well, Theirs no telling what can happen in Paleontology. some animals that we thought we know well get there remains attributed to other animals. Take Diplodocus longus for Example. for years, most of the bones of this Species of Diplodocus were thought to have been part of it, and it was regareded as the TYPE Species of the Genus, but recently they were determined to belong to another species (D Hallorum, which we will make in the future) So all that's left of D longus is not enough to say if it really warrants a new species. So now theres a poll running to get a more well knonw species (D Carnegie) to enlisted as the new type specimen

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 am

I bow to your superior knowledge of paleontology. :). I'll have to check out that poll

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:18 am

Ok I finalized what i will be commisioning Jetoar to do

First is this

Wave 1
Arenysaurus ardevoli

Leshansaurus qianweiensis
Scroll up for image

Gigantspinosaurus sichuanensis
Scroll up for image

Udanoceratops ‬tschizhovi
Scroll up for image

Fukuisaurus tetoriensis

Abelisaurus comahuensis
Scroll up for image

Three are Asian, one is Spannish, and one is American

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 5:53 am

Here is the Arenysaurus ardevoli, in the works, being sculpted by Jetoar

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Animsaurus Collection    The Animsaurus Collection  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Animsaurus Collection
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next