Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collectors on Facebook?

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

Collectors on Facebook? Empty
PostSubject: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm not a member of Facebook, having been a bit reluctant because I believe members have to registered by their full real name, and I don't really want a lot of people I knew decades ago looking me up, but I might be prepared to risk that if there are enough benefits by joining.

So my question is, are there many discussions, groups, etc., about vintage figure collecting for it to be worth it for me?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 pm

I can't stand Facebook Laughing Embarassed It makes no sense to me, and I can never navigate the thing scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Reluctantly I became a member of facebook recently.

I think it is extremely silly, messy and generally filled with nonsence, - but there are exceptions Wink

For instance many members of this forum have good facebook stuff.
And somtimes it IS helpful to be able to look somthing up, which people refer to. Wink

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:44 am

DaveScriv wrote:
I'm not a member of Facebook, having been a bit reluctant because I believe members have to registered by their full real name, and I don't really want a lot of people I knew decades ago looking me up, but I might be prepared to risk that if there are enough benefits by joining.

So my question is, are there many discussions, groups, etc., about vintage figure collecting for it to be worth it for me?  

I don't know Dave, I never found one. I agree FB is messy and can't replace a good forum. I don't use FB for the collecting thing, only for watching Brontodocus collection but I would prefer he opened e real site...

Now, IMHO, making a place for vintage figure collectors could be a good job for you. Very Happy And why not Here ? I know you already opened a lot of topics and probably you were waiting more posts... We all lived this in the past. At the STS birth, they were no Horses (Only or Mainly) collectors, and now you can read Horses related topics everyday.

I hope one day teh same story will happen for vintage stuff addicts cheers
Back to top Go down
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:38 pm

What a great idea!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:46 pm

For coolectors is this forum much better:)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:

I don't know Dave, I never found one. I agree FB is messy and can't replace a good forum. I don't use FB for the collecting thing, only for watching Brontodocus collection but I would prefer he opened e real site...

Now, IMHO, making a place for vintage figure collectors could be a good job for you. Very Happy  And why not Here ? I know you already opened a lot of topics and probably you were waiting more posts... We all lived this in the past. At the STS birth, they were no Horses (Only or Mainly) collectors, and now you can read Horses related topics everyday.

Yes, recently I have been waiting for other members to start vintage topics I could add to, so I would know at least one other person was interested in whatever models were posted. This is especially true of my many non animal related figures, soldiers, wild-west, etc.

I've no intention of starting a new forum, but rather hoping to find existing groups. As it is, apart from here, there only seems to be the French 1:32 forum and the Yahoo armymen group. Other forums I've seen seem to be all about military model making, which despite probably seeming similar to outsiders is actually a completely different hobby to vintage collecting.

I know I really should get on with posting photos of all my Britains lead farm stuff here. It will be a long job.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:10 am

DaveScriv wrote:
Yes, recently I have been waiting for other members to start vintage topics I could add to, so I would know at least one other person was interested in whatever models were posted. This is especially true of my many non animal related figures, soldiers, wild-west, etc.

I've no intention of starting a new forum, but rather hoping to find existing groups. As it is, apart from here, there only seems to be the French 1:32 forum and the Yahoo armymen group. Other forums I've seen seem to be all about military model making, which despite probably seeming similar to outsiders is actually a completely different hobby to vintage collecting.

I know I really should get on with posting photos of all my Britains lead farm stuff here. It will be a long job.

Dave, I've read your topics and I enjoyed them. As often on STS, I don't have enough time to post on each topic I read. I made myself several topic and sometimes I feel like there is nobody here Sleep But it's untrue, I can't remember a place where I have read more things about Animal toys, old or modern, in the past.
When we started STS, we were only a few to know and to collect the old stuff. I think we are more now, I know some shelves who have Britains, Lineol, Reisler, Hausser, Marx and Starlux only because our forum exists.
To enjoy collecting, we all need more knowledge so the adventure should star here. The forum of your dreams doesn't exist yet but it could be a part of STS. the vintage sections need more topics and more collectors and it could be your job. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:55 am

Kikimalou wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:

Now, IMHO, making a place for vintage figure collectors could be a good job for you. Very Happy  And why not Here ? I know you already opened a lot of topics and probably you were waiting more posts... We all lived this in the past. At the STS birth, they were no Horses (Only or Mainly) collectors, and now you can read Horses related topics everyday.

I know a fellow on FB who is a vintage playset collector. I can ask Paul if he knows of a specific FB page for vintage toy collectors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collectors on Facebook?   Collectors on Facebook? Empty

Back to top Go down

Collectors on Facebook?
Page 1 of 1