Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+15
Kikimalou
scot(t)
ken yeo
hawkins_zh
Roger
arafan
Wilorvise
sadie3112
Tove
costicuba
widukind
Ana
JonasV
NightLioness
skysthelimit
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  Empty
PostSubject: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:56 am

I like very much the old Britains and BF models, I'm a big fan of the Kitan club and Bandaï ostriches too. So what ?
I never felt comfortable with Major brands ostriches and none of them really impressed me. I was still waiting for my ostrich, the one which can stand on the podium.
A few days ago, I spent a quater of an hour in a PicWic Toy shop, comparing Papo and Schleich figures. I thought I will leave without spending money and I was wrong. Some new Schleich convinced me to make more place on my shelves. The new ostrich was one of them.

I don't have the Papo at home, It always seems to stocky for my taste. Bullyland have no modern ostrich and so is Mojo. Some members here have the CollectA one and their comments were really interesting and some nearly convinced me to buy one as the best model available now. I must tell it was by default.

So I only have the previous Schleich and the Safari Ltd. A few words about the Safari Ltd one: Despite the pose, I preferred this one to the old Schleich because of the quality of sculpting, especially for the legs and head.

Things have changed with the new Schleich: The pose is nice, the details are fine, the legs are really good, the base is simple and efficient, the anatomy is realistic and the head is nearly as good as the Safari ltd one.

What to tell more ? A few pics maybe ? Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:14 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:02 am

A few comparison pics

With the Schleich 14325 Ostrich

With the Schleich 14610 Ostrich

With the Safari 226129 Ostrich

What about the legs ?

Safari 226129, Schleich 14325, chleich 14610 and chleich 14744

Heads, heads, heads... Wink

With the Schleich 14325

With the Schleich 14610

With the Safari 226129

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 am

Very nice bird. I have previous Schleich and CollectA but I still wish Schleich made the female instead Crying or Very sad

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:32 am

Yes... No female... But at least we have a decent male Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:47 am

Yep, I hope it won't take 5,6 female models first to produce a decent one, like they did with males Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:49 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Yep, I hope it won't take 5,6 female models first to produce a decent one, like they did with males Very Happy

Laughing
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:53 am

Thank you for the great photos Kiki cheers Applause
What a improvement! I have the old one and his chick... But I'm very tempted to update mine.

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 am

He's definitly a must-have! cheers
Nice sculpture, nice color (I would prefer a female too, but she need to be a little smaller) and nice scale! Very Happy
Thanks fkr this amazing walkaround

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:10 pm

I can see lots of improvement there.. Good job Schleich! cheers Thanks for the walk around Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:36 pm

That's a very nice ostrich, I agree. Schleich made in 2015 their best tiger of ever and now, the best Schleich ostrich of ever. I find particularly legs much better and number of nails is correct. :)
I have the old with open beak and 3 nails, very funny but far from realistic. I also have the Britains with moveable neck, the sumptuous Lineol and the CollectA. Although I don't need more ostriches, I find it a very recomendable one. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Beautiful ostrich, I think I need it too Very Happy But the paint job was I think slightly better in previous version, or not? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:35 pm

A nice ostrich:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Great walkaround , with great photos and comparison :)
Thank you for that.
I agree with everyone....the only thing which I don`t like is the choice of base.
The way how they made it, looks like a part of the legs...
Watching your wonderful photos, I think the Schleich 14610 Ostrich looks very good. :)

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Thanks for beautiful pictures and comparison photos. Applause This new model is slimmer and nicer than the retired ones. the painting is good also. I hope we will get a new female next year, and perhaps chickens too! Very nice, Schleich.

It is interesting to see him with the Safari (female?) Smile
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:16 pm

The new ostrich is a very nice improvement indeed Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Very nice! Everyone is beating me making the comparrisons Laughing I was looking forward to posting the same thing Kikimalou  Wink Laughing
Still, first in, first served I guess, and NZ is last. There won't be any comparrisons left to make by the time I get mine lol!
I think that the ostrich is a huge improvement on the last one, I'm looking forward to getting it!
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Very nice improvement. :)

Emma wrote:
Very nice! Everyone is beating me making the comparrisons Laughing I was looking forward to posting the same thing Kikimalou  Wink Laughing
Still, first in, first served I guess, and NZ is last. There won't be any comparrisons left to make by the time I get mine lol!
I think that the ostrich is a huge improvement on the last one, I'm looking forward to getting it!

Well, Emma, you just need to make yourself a female ostrich between now and when it hits your market :) Then you'll get a comparison unlike anyone elses. :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Tove wrote:

That's impressive how males are dominant in toy industry, mainly with birds. All these ostriches are males, Noah's Pals made a female. Very Happy

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:30 pm

Tove wrote:
Females are generaly brown, males are black and their necks are often "blue" or "red". 
I found a good picture on the left you can see the male, on the right a female. 
(These represent the south african subspecies, the somalian ostrich also has a blue neck, the north african and massai ostrich do have red necks)

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:02 am

Shocked Then I have only male ostriches and they are stored in the same shoebox. They always lies in a disordered mass when I open it. They must be fighting a lot when I don't look!

Roger and Bryan: I have never thought about it was a difference in colour between males and females Embarassed , but now I am more educated.  study Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:29 am

Tove wrote:
Shocked Then I have only male ostriches and they are stored in the same shoebox. They always lies in a disordered mass when I open it. They must be fighting a lot when I don't look!

Roger and Bryan: I have never thought about it was a difference in colour between males and females Embarassed , but now I am more educated.  study Very Happy

Laughingaffraid
We are all being educated, I visited the ostrich page on TAI and I have found some ambiguous ostriches, among them some females. All pictures from Toy Animal Wiki.

Bandaï

Nature Technicolor

Noah's Pals

Playmobil

hawkins_zh

Country/State : China Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:14 am

Nice Ostrich! I really love it~~~~~

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 4:20 am

Congrats Chris! Nice Ostrich from Schleich. At least it make it right

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:25 am

Wow, really nice Ostrich. It's definitely on my list. I've been really happy with many Schleich figures this year, and I still have the Ostrich and Tiger to look forward to.

Wonderful Walkaround Christophe!! Thank you!

costicuba wrote:
....the only thing which I don`t like is the choice of  base.

I had exactly this thought. It's the only thing about the model that disappoints me slightly. I will learn to ignore it of course, but it's not ideal.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Thank you to be here everybody Very Happy

NightLioness wrote:
Thank you for the great photos Kiki cheers Applause
What a improvement! I have the old one and his chick... But I'm very tempted to update mine.

Go for it, it is far better IMHO

Roger wrote:
That's a very nice ostrich, I agree. Schleich made in 2015 their best tiger of ever and now, the best Schleich ostrich of ever. I find particularly legs much better and number of nails is correct. :)
I have the old with open beak and 3 nails, very funny but far from realistic. I also have the Britains with moveable neck, the sumptuous Lineol and the CollectA. Although I don't need more ostriches, I find it a very recomendable one. Very Happy

I think it is the most interesting on the market for now, the first one which was not a choice by default Very Happy

Ana wrote:
Beautiful ostrich, I think I need it too Very Happy But the paint job was I think slightly better in previous version, or not? Smile

No Anna, the black is the same, the white is maybe less white and the head and legs are better painted, especially the head Wink

Tove wrote:
Thanks for beautiful pictures and comparison photos. Applause This new model is slimmer and nicer than the retired ones. the painting is good also. I hope we will get a new female next year, and perhaps chickens too! Very nice, Schleich.

I hope Schelcih will make a nice female and a chick's batch like the Mallard and swan ones Very Happy

Emma wrote:

Maybe we will forget then and so you can make your own topic, why not? Very Happy

costicuba wrote:
Great walkaround , with great photos and comparison :)
Thank you for that.
I agree with everyone....the only thing which I don`t like is the choice of  base.
Watching your wonderful photos, I think the Schleich 14610 Ostrich looks very good. :)
scot(t) wrote:
Wow, really nice Ostrich. It's definitely on my list. I've been really happy with many Schleich figures this year, and I still have the Ostrich and Tiger to look forward to.

Wonderful Walkaround Christophe!! Thank you!

costicuba wrote:
....the only thing which I don`t like is the choice of  base.

I had exactly this thought. It's the only thing about the model that disappoints me slightly. I will learn to ignore it of course, but it's not ideal.

What can I say about the base, I don't know if there is a consensual way of making ratites legs. Fat legs and big feet? Thin legs and complete basis like the older Schleich or something like the Safari Ltd and the new Schleich? The most important for me is the legs are thin enough Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Schleich 14744 Ostrich: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next