Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)

Go down 
+10
CWGross
widukind
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
scot(t)
NightLioness
Ana
Roger
Tiermann
LeeAnn
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:18 am

What a splenid model of a giant beaver cheers
I am very impressed by your collection and display, - it is brilliant and quite unique Very Happy

CWGross

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 7:09 am

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:25 am

Nice Ice Age collection. For the pronghorns, the Mojo is a bit smaller, but not much. New Ray makes a pair of smaller ones, but they can be tricky to find.

As for the Mastodon, keep an eye out for a largish model from Imperial--not a great model, but shows up in auctions occasionally. Usually as a 'mammoth'.

It's funny--I am only 2 hours south of you; haven't been to the zoo for a while, and I'll admit to being less than impressed by the shop there (but I have been collecting for 20 years now...).

I also do have an online store if there's anything the shop can't provide for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice work with the Casteroides (I remember that same figure being for sale at the Calgary Zoo!). But don't forget the other small critters of the Ice Age--ground squirrels, marmots, weasels, wolverines, etc!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
CWGross

PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:55 pm

sbell wrote:
Nice Ice Age collection. For the pronghorns, the Mojo is a bit smaller, but not much. New Ray makes a pair of smaller ones, but they can be tricky to find.

As for the Mastodon, keep an eye out for a largish model from Imperial--not a great model, but shows up in auctions occasionally. Usually as a 'mammoth'.

It's funny--I am only 2 hours south of you; haven't been to the zoo for a while, and I'll admit to being less than impressed by the shop there (but I have been collecting for 20 years now...).

I also do have an online store if there's anything the shop can't provide for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice work with the Casteroides (I remember that same figure being for sale at the Calgary Zoo!). But don't forget the other small critters of the Ice Age--ground squirrels, marmots, weasels, wolverines, etc!

Thanks for the advice! I looked it up and the New Ray pronghorn looks like it comes in a set with two others I'm looking for: a bighorn sheep and a mountain goat! I'll have to see if I can get it... They look like they need some painting as well, but that's getting easier and easier for me now.

The Zoo giftshop is touch and go. When they get a new shipment in, it's a goldmine. In the month and a half inbetween, it gets more and more sparse. They also tend to alternate each time, so one month it's Mojo, another month it's CollectA, and so on. There is a Discovery Hut in Chinook Centre that carries a good selection of Schleich, so I'm not wanting for that at least.

I've been working on the small guys... I'm trying to build as complete an ecosystem as reasonable, so I have an otter, beaver, skunk, wolverine, mallard duck, fox, turkey, jackalope... Wink Another one I do need to get my hands on is a badger, especially since their remains were found at the Wally's Beach site.

I'll have to take a look at your shop... Whereabouts are you? Do you have a brick and mortar shop too?

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 5:47 pm

Great you found the AAA beaver so soon after Taylor shared it! I really like your collection; thanks for sharing this Smile

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:24 am

No, I'm afraid it's online only. Out of my office at home! But I can always let someone that comes by take a look.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Ice Age Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: