Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...

Go down 
+2
NightLioness
LeeAnn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... Empty
PostSubject: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:02 pm

....and a story about the fantastic members of STS  cheers

Last year Roger heard from Safari, that the beautyful Camargue horses(1996 - 2005) actually had a foal  Shocked
But none of us could find as much as a picture of it...it must have been made for a very short period  scratch

Imagine my astonishment, when USA-Emma sent me a PM in December, that she had found one on Amazone !!!
Emma and Roger had been mailing, and he had mentioned that I was looking for it..and : ta-daaa !!!! There it was  bounce  cheers

Now the problem could have been, that the seller would not ship outside USA.
But already LeeAnn was waiting for some models for me and for Roger  Laughing

So the little foal was bought and shipped to LeeAnn  Wink
The other models were from H & H Winner's Circle, and they took their time to ship.
But at long last the models arrived at LeeAnn's place.
Then the whole flock went to Portugal, and Roger sent my models on to me... Very Happy
All in all, - by the help of Emma(USA), LeeAnn, and Roger, this little, rare guy ( made in China), has travelled the world, and is now living here  sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At long last he and his Mom are meeting  Wink

No doubt that is is HIS mother, - look at the eyes Very Happy

Now they younger horses come to see the ne baby.
This generation was not called "Camargue", - they are only "White horses"  Laughing

But the only difference is the eyes  Very Happy

Thankyou very, very much to Emma for finding this enormously rare model for me ! flower
Thankyou very, very much to LeeAnn for watcing  out, repacking and shipping flower
Thankyou very, very much to Roger for telling Emma about my search, for finding the other models, and for forwarding to Denmark flower

flower sunny cheers flower sunny cheers flower sunny flower

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:16 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Looks like you got the blue stuff off his neck too! Very Happy I'm sure he's much happier now Wink

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:25 pm

I know animals can travel the world.... but this foal has a full passport!
Huge congrats and yay for Roger, LeeAnn and USA Emma Very Happy cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:50 pm

That is a great story! Hurray for the chain of members who helped, makes this community such a great place.Applause And of course, enormous congrats Susanne! cheers I've never seen any of those before. study

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Susanne, thanks for your kind words but even in this process, you gave again huge signs of your never ending generousness. So many that it is hard to tell all in a post. flower
I think the first prise we had was to be able of working together in a complete list of Safari Farm horses with their availability, numbers and names on Toy Animal Wiki. That's a kind of STS heritage to Safari collectors and thanks to you we have already almost all pictures, the only missing are from these figures we can see below once you don't have them yet.
Camargue foal was only available during 3 years, already retired since 1998 what is a long time considering how hard it is to find discontinued Safari figures. Very Happy
I believe the Palomino foal is even a little rarer once it was introduced and retired one year before. I hope you can complete your collection finding that palomino and the long retired family of Appaloosas. bounce bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 am

Gorgeous pictures, Roger cheers

Ohh, I hope to find those four some day...you never know.
Perhaps again somebody from STS will be able to help ? bounce Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 am

Very cute:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Gorgeous pictures, Roger cheers

Ohh, I hope to find those four some day...you never know.
Perhaps again somebody from STS will be able to help ? bounce Very Happy

Yes, I hope someone can find them! bounce
often sellers put the year marked on them. Appaloosas are probably marked 1993, they're the same moulds as saddlebreds. Palomino colt is much probably marked 1994. study

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...   The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Safari Ltd Camargue foal from 1996...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: