Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)

Go down 
+10
Roger
jarda
LukaLeon085
Juan Andrés
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
arafan
sphyrna18
14 posters
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) Empty
PostSubject: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:15 pm

My apologies for the picture quality - we're still unboxing, sorting, listing, and storing yesterday's Safari inventory arrival.  I tried to grab some quick pictures of the new Gazelle, which we have tentatively put in the 1:20 1:15 display (We measured the shoulder height to be 46mm, which gave us an estimated scale of 1:11 - 1:23 1:17. We will double check this once we have everything sorted and posted).  These aren't the best pictures ever, but they hopefully give a good idea of what the figure actually looks like.  In truth, it looks very similar to the catalog pictures.  I will try to get better pictures and do a formal walkaround, but I have no idea when I'll get a chance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Again, I'll try to get better pictures and do an actual walkaround when everything slows down a bit

Last edited by sphyrna18 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:56 pm

I didn't thought that I'll buy that gazelle, but now I definiley will! Very Happy 
Thanks for the pictures!

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Congrats!
She looks very good, but I think her legs are too thick.
It would be great if you'll put some better quality photos, but those ones are not bad.
Thank you for a walkaround!

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks for the walkaround! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Chad, thanks for taking your time to show us that gazelle in such a busy time for you. Very Happy
I agree with Anasta, gazelles have very delicate legs that cannot be reproduced in this category of toys due to children safety. Though, they are really too thick for my taste. They are also not under the body removing some elegance. . Maybe what I like best in this female are the dark markings. Thomson's usually have them very conspicuous, not sure they're correct in head/face, mainly that white triangle on forehead, inner ears seem too dark. Rump patch seems perfect and maybe it is missing more contrast between lighter parts and redder parts. I can't see a relevant difference between outer and inner legs. That's a recomendable figure although I doubt it is a good alternative to the Mojö Thomson's gazelle even considering Mojo's is a male.
Are you considering it is a female while calculating the scale? Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Thick legs or not, - I surely MUST have this little darling cheers

Thankyou very much for sharing, Chad flower

sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Roger wrote:

Are you considering it is a female while calculating the scale?  Very Happy

Thanks, Roger. I wasn't the one who figured out the scale initially, but I just checked. Not sure how they arrived at the 1:23, but the correct scale range should be 1:11 to 1:17. I can't find any reliable info regarding sexual dimorphism in the species, other than weight, but for our purposes in-store, we will likely put this in our 1:15 figures display.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:29 pm

A nice gazelle:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Sphryrna18 could you post some pics of the Safari Yutyrannus please?
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 pm

this year Safari is doing a great job Applause

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:56 am

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Congrats!
She looks very good, but I think her legs are too thick.
It would be great if you'll put some better quality photos, but those ones are not bad.
Thank you for a walkaround!

+1

Exactly as Anasta wrote, very good figure but too thick legs for the gazelle, most visible on the last pic, where the figure remains very young domestic calf...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:05 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Are you considering it is a female while calculating the scale?  Very Happy

Thanks, Roger.  I wasn't the one who figured out the scale initially, but I just checked.  Not sure how they arrived at the 1:23, but the correct scale range should be 1:11 to 1:17.  I can't find any reliable info regarding sexual dimorphism in the species, other than weight, but for our purposes in-store, we will likely put this in our 1:15 figures display.

Oh, I understand. Females are smaller as expected but I don't have average measurements to provide. Size is nice to those that collect major brand figures. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 am

Thank you for showing Very Happy

I like very much the walking pose but I agree the legs on the front view is disturbing a lot... Maybe an ancient Egyptian gazelle? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:54 pm

This one is really cute and quite realistic looking figurine. maybe it's legs could be slimmer but overall they've done a great job cheers
Thank you! sunny

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 am

Thank you Chad.

Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:33 am

Love them and they are so real!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)   WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand) Empty

Back to top Go down

WS Thomson's Gazelle (in hand)
Page 1 of 1