Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walter Merten Farm catalogue

Go down 
+4
elephas_maximus
SUSANNE
Roger
Kikimalou
8 posters
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

Walter Merten Farm catalogue Empty
PostSubject: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:56 am

I found some old catalogue images from the Walter Merten farm series in O scale (1:43).  
Merten made animal figures in both O (1:43) and HO (1:87) scale, the larger figures are more rare than the smaller.

Does anyone have catalogue images of the Merten O scale zoo animals?

Original source website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:04 am

Great Applause I would love to have a look on the wild animals catalogue Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for sharing these catalogue pages, Andrew! Very Happy 1:43 are already small figurines once they intend to fit with those small cars in that scale. 1:87 are minimal! Laughing They are very interesting anyway. If someone find Zoo series it will even better. bounce elephant

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:13 pm

They are SO cute ! Look at those dogs, - and the donkeys cheers

Thankyou for sharing Very Happy

elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:53 am

Thanks Christophe, Roger and Susanne, I'm glad you all found these images interesting.  
I first noticed the larger O scale models after seeing Christophe's collection, they are very rare these days.

Roger: Yes 1:43 scale is already even smaller than Britains, I have the Merten elephants which are 3/4 the size of the Britains so you can imagine how small the other animals would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:33 am

Thank you, and i would love to see the zoo animals:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:30 am

Thanks for sharing Andrew. I would love to have some examples of Merten’s 1:43rd scale range. They would be perfect to go with my model car collection which focuses on 1:43rd scale. Although I have examples of farm animals made by Corgi Toys and Preiser in this scale, the former are rather toy like and the latter are superb but limited in range. Britains did three farm sets in their Mini-Set 1:42nd scale range but these are also hard to find nowadays.

Merten’s 1:43rd scale models are thin on the ground here in the UK and the only examples I have seen have been horse riders. Merten still makes 1:87th scale animals though and these I have seen at the larger toy fairs in England.

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Merten still makes 1:87th scale animals though and these I have seen at the larger toy fairs in England.

Merten went bust in 2010, there is an evilBay seller on eBay.de who has the moulds for the 40mm fantasy range, and - I think - the ACW figures, and Walthers/Terminal Hobby Shop have some old stock left in their vast US warehouses, but all URL's (except some old catalogue pages) redirect to Prieser who don't carry any ex-Merten products in their 300-odd page catalogue.

eBay - smallscaleworld

Last edited by smallscaleworld on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link to unrelated Walter Merten's animal sculptures Removed!)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

Really great stuff, thanks for sharing these pics!

PostSubject: Re: Walter Merten Farm catalogue   Walter Merten Farm catalogue Empty

Back to top Go down

Walter Merten Farm catalogue
Page 1 of 1