Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has anyone heard of ELC?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

Has anyone heard of ELC? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:08 pm

So, about a week ago I was on eBay and discovered a lot of fish I didn't yet own, so I kept my eye on the listing. Rolling Eyes They are labeled as "ELC" and they come in their own little tin box. Within days, the listing was accumulating bids. No I was wondering if anyone knew who ELC is?

I'll post a picture here when I have computer access. Wink

Oh yeah, I just barely almost lost the auction. I was in class grading papers and the clock ticked 12pm. I had a mini panic attack and quickly pulled up the auction and I was in the FINAL MINUTE! affraid I typed in any damn number and placed the bid and won. Laughing So I have some new items! Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Early Learning Centre is a British chain of toy stores, as far as I know Very Happy

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:13 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Early Learning Centre is a British chain of toy stores, as far as I know Very Happy

Thanks. They're probably a Chinese set that is being distributed by them. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Yes, - but they also sell well known brands ...I think some are made by AAA, but marked ELC.
Perhaps the tin is containing models like PV or such ?
I would LOVE to see a picture Very Happy

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:22 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, - but they also sell well known brands ...I think some are made by AAA, but marked ELC.
Perhaps the tin is containing models like PV or such ?
I would LOVE to see a picture Very Happy

Hello, yes indeed. When I have the time, I will surely show you. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:34 am

Sounds interesting:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:37 pm

You probably got the small set of fish figures made by AAA. Somewhat the same concept as the small ducks set. They also have mini sea life. Chances of being AAA figures are high but as Susanne told you, they also sell other brands under their name. Very Happy

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Roger wrote:
You probably got the small set of fish figures made by AAA. Somewhat the same concept as the small ducks set. They also have mini sea life. Chances of being AAA figures are high but as Susanne told you, they also sell other brands under their name. Very Happy

Wow, thanks Roger! Do you have a picture of he AAA fish? Or are they on the wiki? I want to compare. cyclops

I couldn't post yesterday though because I was loaded down with homework. Sad Will post today.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:10 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Roger wrote:

Wow, thanks Roger! Do you have a picture of he AAA fish? Or are they on the wiki? I want to compare. cyclops

I couldn't post yesterday though because I was loaded down with homework. Sad Will post today.

No, unfortunately I don't have pics because AAA often make large and small versions of the same animals and it is hard to distinguish them online.
Sharks I know personally once I remember them being sold here and they were really small, I believe the large bottom feeders range has a small sized version too. I remember also sailfish, tuna and other like that. Tropical fish I only know in large size but much probably there are also smaller versions. Try to use Mamejo, Yolanda, AAA, Ravensden, ELC. These companies sold and sell AAA figures. Very Happy

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Roger wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
Roger wrote:

No, unfortunately I don't have pics because AAA often make large and small versions of the same animals and it is hard to distinguish them online.
Sharks I know personally once I remember them being sold here and they were really small, I believe the large bottom feeders range has a small sized version too. I remember also sailfish, tuna and other like that. Tropical fish I only know in large size but much probably there are also smaller versions. Try to use Mamejo, Yolanda, AAA, Ravensden, ELC. These companies sold and sell AAA figures. Very Happy

Thanks for the details. Pictures come today after school. Very Happy Then you an see and we can determine whether or not this is AAA. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Roger wrote:

They are huge :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:34 pm

widukind wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
Roger wrote:

They are huge :)

Not the ones I bought. Wink

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Really, piccccs!!

Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:02 pm

widukind wrote:
Really, piccccs!!

Since I already paid and confirmed it you can see the eBay listing now. Wink

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:09 pm

QuollMate wrote:
widukind wrote:
Really, piccccs!!

Thanks, but i think they are not really AAA/ELC figurines, i am sure that are china models. Because a few of them i know vry good from my zoo. I think it is the same like the Wild Republic Itsy Bitsy bulk full of Nayab models :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:11 pm

QuollMate wrote:
widukind wrote:
Really, piccccs!!

Emma, as you can see, the tittle of this sale says it is AAA. So I think there's no doubts about that. Also, I remember these sea horses. Very Happy
Congratulations for winning them, the price is nice considering the amount of figures and usually AAA figures are very detailed. Very Happy

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:07 pm

widukind wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
widukind wrote:
Really, piccccs!!

Thanks, but i think they are not really AAA/ELC figurines, i am sure that are china models. Because a few of them i know vry good from my zoo. I think it is the same like the Wild Republic Itsy Bitsy bulk full of Nayab models :)

They are ELC, just probably being sold under a different name. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Roger wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
widukind wrote:
Really, piccccs!!

Emma, as you can see, the tittle of this sale says it is AAA. So I think there's no doubts about that. Also, I remember these sea horses. Very Happy
Congratulations for winning them, the price is nice considering the amount of figures and usually AAA figures are very detailed. Very Happy

I think it was overpriced, but considering I am on a budget, this is not bad. Very Happy I love the sea horses, the crabs look PV to me. I may trade them of someone has something to please me but that all depends. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:09 pm

They are wonderful cheers

Not AAA, but certainly ELC-models, made in China .
I have a beautyful box like that one, only there has been insect models in it ( but I got it empty ).

There is stis sticker on the buttom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But ELC's logo is also colour-printed on the side Wink

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:15 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are wonderful cheers

Not AAA, but certainly ELC-models, made in China .
I have a beautyful box like that one, only there has been insect models in it ( but I got it empty ).

There is stis sticker on the buttom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But ELC's logo is also colour-printed on the side Wink

Thanks Susanne! I know they have a line of figures that come in metal tins and my fish happen to be one of those sets. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard of ELC?   Has anyone heard of ELC? Empty