Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...

Go down 
+17
Lionwoman
Jetty
SUSANNE
Gwaine
Dunfold
MARTINLATIN
arafan
jarda
Silver Unicornis
NightLioness
Dutch Bear
widukind
scot(t)
JonasV
Carola
Dum_my
LeeAnn
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...
it looks like he is going to be in the new advents calendar of this year [ 2015].... cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Jetty wrote:
it looks like he is going to be in the new advents calendar of this year [ 2015].... cheers lol!

I already posted a ton of pictures about the advent calendars in the SE horses topic.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Jetty wrote:

I already posted a ton of pictures about the advent calendars in the SE horses topic.

Embarassed sorry, did not know that..... i was too exited Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lionwoman

Lionwoman

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am

Who decided to retire Auruun?
Who made the new (2014) lioness model and why was changed the old one?
Why no black cat figure?
How do you make you're desicions to retire/change/create a model?
Why rare editions? I've never seen here in my contry this editions before searching in Internet.

Barricade

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 12:52 pm

After reading all this - honestly ... with some really rude, unfair and offending questions especially regarding their sculptors, do you really expect any answers from anyone at Schleich at all ???

Does anybody actually know what it takes to do a toy industry sculptors job at all?

You need to be able to be a creative and functioning allrounder under extreme time pressure. It's not like beeing a pure artist who gives himself all the freedom and creative time to take a year for a *perfect* piece of art sculpture.

Each of those guys (and girls) in that business have at least 10 models (upwards) to sculpt a year.
Now that doesn't sound that much at first, but also for sculptors a normal work-week has only 5 days from monday to friday.
Then there is a certain period of *development time* each year wich is often a pretty dead time for sculptors except for those involved in the development process of new product, then they spend this time drawing, sketching and designing new stuff.
Then of course every employee has 30 days of vacation, there are several holidays like Easter or Christmas, and statistics say that most people get sick once a year for about 10 days. And then there is of course the time needed to make corrections, changes and all such stuff.
So in the end you're left with a deadline time of about only 18 work days for each model. Yes - of course sculpting a huge dinosaur or dragon with loads of details takes longer than sculpting - let's say a piglet, but those (about) 180 *effective* work days a year represent all the time there is to get all the models on the list done.
You might get a giraffe first, then a horse, then a fairy and then a cop eating a donut or whatever, and you only have that very limited amount of time to spot all the details and learn everything about the characteristics of the specific model you can from the refference material you get to deliver a good result.
Then you are restricted by a LOAD of criterias wich are: safety (such as *make the ears/legs/hands/bowstrings/whateverelse thicker* so they won't break), production technical things (such as *make it mass production suitable* regarding details and paint options), box sizes (such as *that is all the space you have to work with*), the managements and heads of creative departments decisions and demands (such as *make the eyes bigger & sculpt on some braids so it's cute* for all the little girls out there), dictated sizes, dictated poses, dictated this and that and so on and so on.
And in the end every sculptor has good days and bad days, models he/she likes or doesn't like or feels comfortable or uncomfaortable with ... all those factors add up to the result.
Maybe the same sculptor who made your favourite model also made the one you hate the most.

It also often depends on what different people *see* in specific figures, be they animals, humans or fantasy. What some call an ugly face looks like *Aunt Yadda* to others, what looks like a *Botox-Cat* to some, looks exactly like their beloved pet to others ... you get the point ... animals of the same species - much like humans - all have their own different faces if you look closely and compare - no cat face looks exactly like the other ...

Oh ... and by the way - there is a black cat ... the new 2015 standing cat - wich btw. looks almost exactly like one of my own cats (well, aside from the color) ...
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:35 pm

Lionwoman wrote:
Who decided to retire Auruun?
Who made the new (2014) lioness model and why was changed the old one?
Why no black cat figure?
How do you make you're desicions to retire/change/create a model?
Why rare editions? I've never seen here in my contry this editions before searching in Internet.

Welcome here!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Barricade wrote:
After reading all this - honestly ... with some really rude, unfair and offending questions especially regarding their sculptors, do you really expect any answers from anyone at Schleich at all ???

Hello Barricade,

This topic is not meant to ask Schleich for the answers, or any of these topics for that matter, and as mentioned in the first post an answer is not expected and will not be given. Some questions might come across as rude, but no one here is ridiculing the company or its sculptors for any reason. Believe me, many of us are still quite fond of the company and it is much more a case of friendly pokes than bashing. I'm sorry the intent of the topic did not completely come across to you Very Happy

.:Lucky:.

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:51 pm

1: Why haven't you been creating new breeds of dogs for the past few years, and only reusing old breeds, but with new molds?
2: Why are there no small dogs?!
3: Why are there no miniature cattle?
4: Have you ever considered doing portrait models?
5: While they are not listed as such, has a pet of the sculptor's/painter's inspired a model?

Back to top Go down
asiahorseiisilvershadowii

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:42 pm

1) Why change the plastic in the models?
2) Why are the models so different from the ones before?
3) Why so many braids?
4) Why the lack of detail in the eyes? Like srsly, bug eyes.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Collecta also have these bug eyes, look at the watussi cow.

My Questions:
1. Will the price increases up 2016?
2. Why you retire the small dinosaurs like carnotaurus?
3. Why only the same cattle breeds and not one like Tyrolean Grey for example?
4. Why some horses don't stand? (Collecta has the same problem)
5. Why no european wildcat?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:44 pm

asiahorseiisilvershadowii wrote:
1) Why change the plastic in the models?
2) Why are the models so different from the ones before?
3) Why so many braids?
4) Why the lack of detail in the eyes? Like srsly, bug eyes.

Hi, Asia. Wellcome here Very Happy

Very good questions !!!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...   If you could ask Schleich 5 questions... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could ask Schleich 5 questions...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2