Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D Empty
PostSubject: How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D   How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:51 am

Most of us probaly have to pack models for shipping now and then.
And most of us receive models by mail now and then. Very Happy

Ohhh, the horror when something is broken What a Face

If course a model can be wrapped in a hundred layers of bouble plastic, and sealed with a whole roll of sticky tape, - and then placed in a sturdy wooden box.
But....
- The cost of shipping is a major cost .
- The poor receiver has to be able to get the stuff out again without using TNT, - and without the risk of breaking the model in the attempt to unwrap it.

Perhaps we can share our experience here, - learn how to pack in the best way while keeping the shipping cost down Wink

--------

Let me start with TOO MUCH TAPE !

Yesterday I got a box which was completely covered in wide, brown, sticky tape, - VERY sticky ! Suspect
It was a box that had been used for some kind of cookies, and I had no way to see where to open it.
At last I had to take a hobbyknife, and with pounding heart, shaking hands, and sweat rolling down my face, I cut the box open Laughing
The models were not harmed, but all that tape was not neccesary Wink

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D   How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Interesting topic Susanne! Very Happy

Hmm, I pack my animals in tissues or bubble wrap. I make sure the animals are packed sturdy, but not to. When I close the box and everything can still move in it, it is to loose. I fill most boxes with newspaper in between the animals. Luckily for me, I don't sent fragile custom animals so extra packing isn't necessary. I make sure that the card I sent with it, is visible and not in the way of opening the package. Most of the time I'm afraid to damage the card/letter (if it is in the box of course) when opening it. The packages here need to be under the 2Kg to save money cost, and believe me, the shipping costs are high here o.0

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D   How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Breyer models and customs are wrapped in plastic first or muslin fabric, depending on the paintjob. Over that the horse is mummified in toilet paper. OFs don't get plastic or muslin, they're mummified in toilet paper on the first layer. Then little bubble - bubble wrap, and if it's very fragile larger bubble - bubble wrap over that. The model is placed in a box that is at least 1 inch larger than the edge of the bubble wrap all around, and packing peanuts fill the empty space. If there is a lot of empty space I use those big bubbles you get from Amazon and other big companies when they send you stuff.

Major brand models sometimes get tp'd, sometimes in a plastic bag, sometimes bubble wrap. Sometimes I'll use carboard so limbs/antlers don't get bent. Then the box is filled with packing peanuts or the big air bubbles.

PostSubject: Re: How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D   How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

How to pack for shipping , - your experience :-D
Page 1 of 1