Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:02 am

This year Papo made a frog model with three different paintings. I like to collect amphibians figures though buying three time the same figure even with different paintings wasn't a possible scenario. I chose the yellow fellow because the "green or blue equatorial" frogs are common in the toy world. Common? "Green or blue equatorial" frogs are not really frog species. Nevertheless it is easy to recognize a Mint poison frog and a Blue poison dart frog.

So what could be an Equatorial Yellow Frog? The only answer for me is: Golden poison frog (Phyllobates terribilis). This frog is endemic to humid forests of the Pacific coast of Colombia in the Cauca and Valle del Cauca Departments. Its range is less than 5,000 square km. It is only known from primary forest. In the wild, P. terribilis is a social animal, living in groups of up to six individuals; however, captive P. terribilis specimens can live in much larger groups. These frogs are often considered innocuous due to their small size and bright colours, but wild frogs are lethally toxic, and may be the most poisonous of any living animal. For more information about this fantastic animal, read the Wikipedia page  Very Happy

Ok but why a walkaround for a single little frog? Yellow and blue are beautiful together  Wink
Too much pics will follow...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm

I share with you some lack of interest in figures that share the same mould, even when they represent species with similar morphologies. I think your choice was correct, this species doesn-t seem too common in toy shape, from the three, it is the only that doesn-t have yet a page on Toy Animal Wiki. :)
I love frogs and all creatures in general, I only have a lifecycle of a frog from AAA and the simple frog from Schleich that someone gave me. They are among those I don't collect although I think they are very interesting and of course they deserve walk arounds, not only because they are colorful! Laughing
Wonderful pictures as usual, aestetically, it is a very pretty figure. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Me, too, I like this model of the little yellow, poisonous critter Very Happy
Of course I had to get all three, so Papo's TAI-page can be complete Laughing

It seems to be the year of reptiles, with frogs, snakes and crocs/alligator from several brands !
Even Schleich is going to launch a frog set in July.  
That will be their third and fourth frog ever - if we don't include Kermit, of course alien Very Happy

Thankyou for - again - for great photos, making us focus on a model, which seems anonymous at first glance Applause

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Congrats, Christophe, and thank you for a walkaround of this cutie!
Lovely figurine! I looked trough the photos of this frog species, and now I can see that Papo did do a great work. I dislike yellow color but it looks very well on this frog Very Happy I also liked those alien eyes.
And it is very interestig that those frogs live in a community.

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

A very nice frog :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Sleep A belated thank you to all of you cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround   Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 50174 Equatorial Yellow Frog: A walkaround
Page 1 of 1