Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Value of a collection

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
Tarunyada
widukind
LeeAnn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

Value of a collection Empty
PostSubject: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 1:54 am

Hello folks !

I'm posting on behalf of a fellow hobbyist who is actually toying the idea (no pun intended) of selling her whole Schleich horses & accessories/riders collection as she wants to focuses more on artist resins. Her collection contains 65 horses (newer and older models, 56 Schleichs, 3 Papos, 6 Safaris), several riders with tack, a carriage, a barn and a vehicle with a trailer. How much would you estimate such a collection ? Do you also think she will successfully sell it as whole or is it better for her to separate it in several smaller lots ?

Thanks for your help !

I'll ask her for a few pics if anyone's interested.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:19 am

It's really difficult to sell one collection as a whole, let alone put a price on it. I would highly recommend selling each model individually, or in smaller lots at least. She can put a more desirable model in along with a few hard sells to get rid of them all.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:43 am

I agree with LeeAnn, - she must sell them one at a time Wink

But unfortunately the Schleich-fever seems to have faded out lately, - there are heaps of them for sale, and prices are not what they used to be Crying or Very sad

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:31 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I agree with LeeAnn, - she must sell them one at a time Wink

But unfortunately the Schleich-fever seems to have faded out lately, - there are heaps of them for sale, and prices are not what they used to be Crying or Very sad
I agree too :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:37 am

I agree with LeeAnn and Susanne.

If she really wants to sell her collection as a whole, it's really hard to tell a price without knowing which models she sells. You say som of them are older models, but there are huge price differences between them. Some old models are worth between the 30-60 euros, while others are only worth 10 euros.

I think it's better to sell them individually. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:57 am

Tarunyada wrote:
I agree with LeeAnn and Susanne.

If she really wants to sell her collection as a whole, it's really hard to tell a price without knowing which models she sells. You say som of them are older models, but there are huge price differences between them. Some old models are worth between the 30-60 euros, while others are only worth 10 euros.

I think it's better to sell them individually. Good luck!

Yes, and it also depends if they are like new, or have been played with scratch

Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 pm

They are in good shape, they have been in display in a glass cabinet Wink Thank you for the input !

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:20 pm

That's a good question.
I've been thinking about selling some of my figures as well (older Schleichs, Safari, Papo), but I doubt I'll get much money for them.
For example, I've got two Schleich musk oxes - a brand new and a well-worn one. I wonder how much could I get for them. And is it possible to sell the worn one in general?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyThu May 14, 2015 3:24 am

Kiryuha wrote:
That's a good question.
I've been thinking about selling some of my figures as well (older Schleichs, Safari, Papo), but I doubt I'll get much money for them.
For example, I've got two Schleich musk oxes - a brand new and a well-worn one. I wonder how much could I get for them. And is it possible to sell the worn one in general?

Happy to see you back cheers

I've noticed Schleich are an extremely hard sell now too - I'm selling quite a few models from my collection and not many have sold scratch

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyThu May 14, 2015 3:39 am

LeeAnn wrote:
I've noticed Schleich are an extremely hard sell now too...
Even the old and rare ones?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:47 am

Most things go in cycles.

Eventually the prices will go up, well at least that is most likely. Interest in collectables tends to go in spurts as people "oh cool," then interest dies down and then they find something they like and interest is once again peaked by either nostalgia or other reasons like an influx of funds. Right now it's a bit closer to a buyer's market than a seller's. Supply and demand and all that...

But if someone is searching for that particular model they may be willing to pay for a worn one if it's cheaper and having the 'hole' in their collection filled is more important than having a higher priced and better condition one.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyThu May 14, 2015 9:07 am

Kiryuha wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

I'm not sure the ones I'm selling are terribly rare, but there are quite a few older ones that I can't get rid of.

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:32 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

I'm not sure the ones I'm selling are terribly rare, but there are quite a few older ones that I can't get rid of.

Laughing I'd buy them.... if I had money. You've already emptied my wallet LeeAnn Laughing

One of the most annoying things about a lot of auctions is that many people sell in big lots. This means that if you have all the models accept one or two, you'd be put off buying the lot just for those models that you want. I have this frequently, then they won't sell separately. Mad
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:05 am

Emma/schleichgirl wrote:

Laughing  I'd buy them.... if I had money. You've already emptied my wallet LeeAnn Laughing

One of the most annoying things about a lot of auctions is that many people sell in big lots. This means that if you have all the models accept one or two, you'd be put off buying the lot just for those models that you want. I have this frequently, then they won't sell separately. Mad

Laughing You know I would hold them for you if you wanted Wink

When I was buying Schleich I would often come across the issue of putting models in lots. Sometimes the seller would separate, most times not. But there's always another chance for that same model to come around later. Very Happy Sometimes you'll find a lot priced low enough that you can sell off the rest and make money on them!

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:21 am

My collection of bears is quite a niche market.
Ofcourse I have some Schleich, Papo and other known brands. In general I don't buy my figures because of the brands.
Many of the figures I dont even know the prices I bought them for. Nor the actual value.

I just recently explained to my mother and my best friend that I do realise my collection is not "just a toycollection" any more.
So if anything ever would happen to me, that some of those bears are far too valueble to be boxed up and land at a secondhand shop or fleamarket to be sold for 50 cents each.
Now it is my turn (and duty) to take picures and make notes, describing what is what, so they could deside what to do with it.

Regarding selling a collection I would indeed break it up in smaller lots, mix new and old, rare and common figures to draw more attention and even sell less desired models.
That may take quite some effort and time. And on the other hand with selling and shipping figures individualy postage fees are realy something to think about in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value of a collection   Value of a collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Value of a collection
Page 1 of 1