Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion

Go down 
+5
LeeAnn
Roger
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
widukind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:30 am

I haven't purchased any Schleich models in a while, mostly because of the high prices now and simply because none of the newer models appeal to me.

However, this appaloosa stallion breaks the mold. He's very well put together, the paintjob is decent, he doesn't have bows or braids, he doesn't represent the modern ideal halter stock horse, and he's appealing without being cute-ified.

But with any model comes its flaws. The legs are of course too thick, but I'm sure this is the thinnest Schleich could go and still be able to pull him out of the mold without the legs snapping off. That can be overlooked. The legs could be a tad longer though. He is lacking musculature and is a little flat, so that could be improved on. The eyes are too large, like most Schleich models. The ears could be much thinner too. In terms of paintwork, the white isn't perfect but again it's not terrible and creates a pleasing affect, even if not the most realistic. Finally, his nostrils are heavily glossed and he looks very snotty but okay, I can look over that.

Some things I do like about this model, apart from what is mentioned above - other than the eyes and ears, I like the head shape. It's not the ugly wedge shape we see in today's halter horses. The mane and tail are correct for the breed, ratty and short. The back is of nice length - I wouldn't mind it being a tad longer but it's not terrible. The neck is well set on and the muscles are correct, he doesn't have a giraffe neck. All the legs are the same length - that's a good thing. As for coloration, the bay is nicely shaded and is correct. I like darker hooves on my bays but this is all good too. I like the detail on the hooves - they're not solid grey or shell. And they're not hoof blacked, so that's nice too.

See for yourself Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 am

Nice horse!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:02 am

LeeAnn, - it is only morning, and you already made my day cheers sunny

What a fantastic evaluation of this nice, but rather humble looking model cheers
Very interesting to read, - and you are so right about everything !

Also, try taking him in your hand, as a child may do, - he just fits perfectly in a small hand, and must be nice to play with Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:54 am

thank you LeeAnn for this morning "About Horse's" lesson Very Happy Even if I am still absolutely uncultured, I enjoy your explanation and knowledge cheers
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Embarassed You are all too sweet Wink Glad you enjoyed the walkaround!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:27 pm

I love when figures are reviewed like that. Being it a horse, it helps me a lot learning more about these creatures. I agree with all you're saying although my assumptions are purely instinctive and not based in any kind of knowledge as yours. Topics like these are fantastic contributions to STS! cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:46 pm

I can't say I have a whole lot of knowledge in horse ABCs (or any other animal for that matter), but I'm glad you enjoyed it cheers

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:51 am

Like Susanne says, he is a more humble horse regarding design, compared to other recent Schleich horses - he is what he is supposed to be Very Happy No extra unnecessary bling.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Definitely! No extra bling Wink No bows! Laughing

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:33 am

Very good review, I couldn't agree more ! I also like the fact that there's no button or bows on him, he doesn't look like the poor victim of a little girl gone grooming mad if that makes sense Laughing

Mathew087

Mathew087

Country/State : GB

PostSubject: Appaloosa are great!   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Look at my Appaloosa horses family :-)

Hope, You like it!

Back to top Go down
http://www.blogschleich.pl/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:57 pm

Welcome here!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyThu May 14, 2015 3:09 am

Welcome on forum Matew! Very Happy

LittleLady

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:36 am

He is a very nice addition!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion   Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround of the 2013 Schleich Appaloosa Stallion
Page 1 of 1