Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"

Go down 
+2
Wilorvise
Blublub
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" Empty
PostSubject: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:43 am

Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any info with a search. In going through some stuff today I remembered I had a box of "The Future Is Wild" figures from about 2007. These were tie-ins to the international TV series about how animals might evolve after human extinction. They are made of PVC and I understand were made by Kabaya (though this doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging).

Turns out I have six of the seven in the series, with a few duplicates in my box of ten. Mysteriously one of the boxes has gone missing since I first opened it years ago. I am missing the "Terabyte," which is some sort of termite-type-thing. Here's the ones I have:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They are, clockwise from upper left: Ocean flish, Toraton, Megasquid, Poggle (secret), Gannetwhale and Carakiller.

I sure wish I could find that termite to complete the set! If anyone has a spare please message me! I have extras of the Toraton, Gannetwhale and Carakiller to trade.

I still have the show on DVD - I'll have to go back and watch it to learn more about the creatures...
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 1:49 am

Thanks for sharing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:45 am

Those are very interesting ! What a fantastic thought , even if it is wild guessing Very Happy
I never heard about that film before Shocked

How wonderful that you re-discovered them cheers
I hope you find the last one Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:50 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:42 am

I never saw this very speculative movie but this strange animals are really nice. I hope you will find teh Terabyte Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Very interesting and what a nice idea from this brand to make these 'species'. Thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks everyone. I watched the first episode of the series again. HIGHLY speculative, and the years have definitely not been kind to CGI from back then Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"   Kabaya "The Future Is Wild" Empty

Back to top Go down

Kabaya "The Future Is Wild"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Other Japanese companies-
Jump to: