Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unknown brand goldfish

Go down 
+3
widukind
Florian
LeeAnn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Unknown brand goldfish Empty
PostSubject: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:48 pm

My goldfish quest is almost complete (perhaps)! Laughing
I just got this set of goldfish from a Hong Kong dealer, no manufacturer given. There is no stamp of any sort- not even a 'China'- on them. The seller did include packaging and inserts, which have the website of a Japanese aquarium products manufacturer/seller; I can't read anything but pictures on the inserts show fish food. The packaging is foil bags; perhaps these were a blind bag promotion for the aquatics company? These are different molds from the Yujin and Furuta fish I have, and though I don't (yet! hopefully tongue ) have but 2 of the Wing Maus, size indicates they are different from them as well. There are a few different breeds here too. The plastic is harder than the Yujin and Wing Mau, more like that of the Furutas. The fish are a single piece, with the plain blue pegged base separate. While the overall quality nod still goes to Yujin, these are really nice and I quite like them.

Here is the set of 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Size/quality comparison with 2 Yujin goldies (one is from the Freshwater Fish series and is smaller), a Wing Mau, an Aquatales and the Safari toob comet.

The packaging and inserts- there are also little stickers, perhaps to put on the bases? Since I can't read the language, I don't know what/where they're for.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Congrats! Great models Very Happy

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm

I think it's Yujin but I'm not sure :)

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 am

Interesting figurines,  can you see nothing on the booklet?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks for showing unknown models, I hope you will show a pic of your complete collection soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 am

It is amazing that you can find so many models of goldfish !!!! Shocked

Congratulations with your new additions, - beautyful models Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 3:16 pm

I can't help although I am surprised that you can find gold everywhere! Very Happy
Congratulations! Very Happy

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:50 pm

I don't think they're from Yujin, the sculpt/paint/material has a very different 'feel'. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same sculptor/factory as the Furuta/ChocoQ fishes though. It 'feels' much more like those. Here's a picture of it (the ranchu) with the Furuta ranchu (1st), mystery ranchu, Yujin edo nishiki and Yujin ranchu. Bad picture, but maybe you can see the difference a little. I don't have a Wing Mau ranchu and this set doesn't include the 2 Wing Mau breeds I do have, but once again there is a very different 'feel'. (the Wing Maus do remind me much more of the Yujins)

There isn't English on the inserts, beyond the aquatics company's website. The bags do have (Chinese or Japanese, think Chinese script) Pisces (more Chinese script) Made in China, then the website again.
Thank you! I sold one of my Windstone statues and have turned it into gold lol. Thanks to Brett from here, several eBay vendors, and Google searches for anything I could think of related to goldfish figures. I deal with my OCD compulsiveness by only allowing myself to focus on one thing, and hunting these fish has been fun and rewarding!
I shall have to try and set up a 'glamour shot' of my collection now. For what I know exists, I'm only missing 5 Yujins, 2 Yujin Freshwater Fishes feral goldfish if I want to include them, and the other 6 from the Wing Mau set. I hope to add them soon! (I've heard there are PlayVisions goldfish? Haven't been able to find any images or info though)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:27 pm

I found a vendor in Hong Kong willing and able to find the Wing Mau fishes for me- thank you Walter! With the fish on order from Brett, I've found all the ones I know to exist. I'm very happy with my new additions, though Yujin still comes out on top in quality. I've taken quick photos of my new fish, but as my camera is no longer talking to the computer I'm not sure when I can get them online. I may try going to my mother's house, seeing if her computer will talk, and emailing them to myself.

I hope I can figure it out soon! I bought some interesting figures at a flea market last weekend that I'd like to show.

I now have ranchus/lionheads (goldfish breeds) in all the makes except for the Takara/Tomy Aquatales, so I took a comparison picture with them.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:43 pm

I *think* I have the computer problem fixed for now...
Here are pictures of the Wing Maus, including the comparison shot.

First is the single catalogue paper that came with them. Please excuse my very messy nightstand!

Then the set as a whole- they have little clasps on the bases, so they can be assembled together.

Finally comparing a ranchu amongst all the brands.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:32 am

You found them cheers

They are amazing !!! WOW ! And I thought hat Ming Mau was just a sort of "Made-in China"-brand Shocked

Amazing that we don't see more of them , - congratulations with this awesome find flower

Thankyou for the beautyful and informative pictures Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:30 am

I am glad your computer problems are gone and that you had the chance of sharing everything with us. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Unknown brand goldfish   Unknown brand goldfish Empty

Back to top Go down

Unknown brand goldfish
Page 1 of 1