Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
75senta75
6 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint Empty
PostSubject: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm

The animals by Franklin Mint are hand-painted and made "of powdered bronze and resin."
This series includes a lot of other wildlife animals, I could  found some of them at Ebay.

The series is called Wildlife Preservation Trust International Sculpture Collection

Here are the figures I have found yesterday at the flea market at Munich Germany. Figures by Schleich shows the size.

Under the bottom you find this informations:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here the gorillla with gorilla at his left and right side with friends by Schleich.

Last edited by 75senta75 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Now photos from the puma - Felis concolor couguar 1987

Last edited by 75senta75 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Here comes the lion by Franklin Mint - Panthera le persia 1987 together with lion by Papo.

Here is the Panda 1987 with friend made by Schleich

arrow Here are more information about the brand Franklin Mint
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

arrow Here are some others figures by Franklin Mint at Ebay:

arrow At STS some times ago  study  farao

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:16 pm

They are fantastic sunny
What a great find - again !!!

If I collected resin models, I would surely wish them too cheers

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:14 pm

They are very nice :) Like the other animal statues from Franklin Mint :)
Congratulations Yvette :)

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Nice! Love the cougar! Very Happy Fantastic what you can find on a flea market ^^

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:29 am

Very nice and interesting Yvette :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 6:46 pm

This is a very interesting line from Franklin Mint. I remember when I watched that old thread on forum and googling a little, I've found that they released an Iberian lynx. Something very unusual. They call it Spanish lynx and although not perfect, it is easily recognizable as an Iberian lynx.
From those great figures you have found, I like specially the cougar and it is very interesting that they decided to make an Indian lion. So, not the usual African lion that all brands make... and they captured one of his most proeminent features! Shocked Congratulations! Very Happy

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Roger you have observed very well as always.
Yes, there is also an  Iberian lynx in this series ( Felis lynx pardina ).
When I found the other animals at the flea market, the seller would first throw the lynx in the rubbish bin, because he has not seen that the lynx was broken.
One leg was missing. So I got it for free. Now at home he has found also an place in my shelves.
The damaged part is now behind a little bush.

Here you can see, the missing part.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:47 am

I am glad you saved that Iberian lynx, it deserves to be loved even missing a leg that you solved in a clever way. Very Happy
Felis lynx pardina, that is very interesting once it was the old name of the Iberian lynx when it was not even considered a species but a subspecies of the Eurasian lynx. Felis lynx changed to Lynx lynx and the Iberian lynx was considered a distinct species, Lynx pardinus. That's a figure with 30 years, so it doesn't surprise me the old scientific name, what is really remarkable is that they considered to make that animal and studied it enough to make it correspond to the correct species. Thanks! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint   Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint Empty

Back to top Go down

Gorilla - lion - panda bear and puma by Franklin Mint
Page 1 of 1