Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.

Go down 
+2
Takama
Juan Andrés
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. Empty
PostSubject: CollectA New Yi qi   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:38 am

Hello!

A wonderful paleontological discovery has been made: dinosaur that possesed bat wings!
http://www.nature.com/news/bat-winged-dinosaur-discovery-poses-flight-puzzle-1.17434
I need you guys send CollectA an email if you want them to make one.It is so weird!
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:17 am

Ok so dinosaurs can be pretty strange. But who knew they could be like this?

Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. Yi-99010

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/29/chinese-dinosaur-had-bat-like-wings-and-feathers/

That my friends is Yi qi. A dinosaur that possibly has bat like wings as opposed to bird wings, (and it also has the shortest Genus name of any Dinosaur known so far)

What do you all think of this?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:02 am

Interesting news

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 pm

WOW ! Untill now we thought the such creatures were all reptiles, - isn't that right ?

So this may be a sort of "Missing Link" between dinos and birds Shocked

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Not quite. Its just a separate Case of Convergent Evolution. Instead of bird wings, it gets Bat like wings
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:07 am

I merged your topics once they are about the same subject. It is really interesting and it seems it worked as a bombastic news. I understand, it is really something different. Though, dinosaurs lived for such a long periode, it is natural that they develope such bizarre shapes, mammals also developed so many different shapes. We have to remember that dinosaurs were dominant and occupied all niches, I am sure more bizarre creatures will be discovered soon. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:51 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW ! Untill now we thought the such creatures were all reptiles, - isn't that right ?

So this may be a sort of "Missing Link" between dinos and birds  Shocked

Takama is right, Its just a separate Case of Convergent Evolution, just like Sharks, dolphins and penguins.

Roger wrote:
It is really interesting and it seems it worked as a bombastic news. I understand, it is really something different. Though, dinosaurs lived for such a long periode, it is natural that they develope such bizarre shapes, mammals also developed so many different shapes. We have to remember that dinosaurs were dominant and occupied all niches, I am sure more bizarre creatures will be discovered soon. Very Happy

I agree, look at the Chilesaurus, a plant-eating cousin ot the Trex.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:34 am

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

So this may be a sort of "Missing Link" between dinos and birds  Shocked

Takama is right, Its just a separate Case of Convergent Evolution, just like Sharks, dolphins and penguins.

Roger wrote:
It is really interesting and it seems it worked as a bombastic news. I understand, it is really something different. Though, dinosaurs lived for such a long periode, it is natural that they develope such bizarre shapes, mammals also developed so many different shapes. We have to remember that dinosaurs were dominant and occupied all niches, I am sure more bizarre creatures will be discovered soon. Very Happy

I agree, look at the Chilesaurus, a plant-eating cousin ot the Trex.

This one is also very interesting, not because it is herbivore but because of all anatomic differences. :)
Polar bears are the largest land predators, and another almost identical creature is herbivore as it happens with the panda. It happened in a very short time when compared with how long was the evolution in theropods. Not all animals achieved the perfection soon in their evolution as it happened with crocodiles! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.   Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever. Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Yi qi, the weirdest dinosaur ever.
Page 1 of 1