Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal Empty
PostSubject: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:39 am

Hello guys!
Today (finally!) I'd like to show you not really big walkaround of this wonderful figurine — Hooded Seal Very Happy
You know collector of what I am, but when my mom saw Wolverine in this set (set of 2 animals — Wolverine and Hooded Seal), she couldn't resist Laughing
And now we have these guys. Should say, maybe their paintjob isn't really good, but their sculpting is amazing cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Your Mother know you love wolves and the name wolverine is a derivative from wolf. So she wanted to make you happy what is really great! Very Happy
The figure is not easily identifiable as a hooded seal but generally it looks really nice. Is it a female? Thanks for your great pictures! Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Roger wrote:
Your Mother know you love wolves and the name wolverine is a derivative from wolf. So she wanted to make you happy what is really great! Very Happy
The figure is not easily identifiable as a hooded seal but generally it looks really nice. Is it a female?
Haha Laughing
Roger, you know that I'm a bit expert of canids king But I looked some photos of hooded seals now, and my one really looks like female. You make me study lol!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 pm

It is a wonderful model, - hurray for your mom cheers
And hurray for you for sharing Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 pm

It is a wonderful seal !!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Many thanks, Susanne and Andreas!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Roger wrote:
The figure is not easily identifiable as a hooded seal but generally it looks really nice. Is it a female?
Haha Laughing
Roger, you know that I'm a bit expert of canids king But I looked some photos of hooded seals now, and my one really looks like female. You make me study lol!

Laughing Seals are almost dogs with flippers. They belong to a suborder called caniformia (dog shaped), so they are not distant relatives of canids. Also, curiously, monk seals are called sea wolves in Portuguese language while South American sea lions are also known as sea wolves in Spanish language. Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Roger wrote:
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Roger wrote:
Haha Laughing

Laughing Seals are almost dogs with flippers.  They belong to a suborder called caniformia (dog shaped), so they are not distant relatives of canids. Also, curiously, monk seals are called sea wolves in Portuguese language while South American sea lions are also known as sea wolves in Spanish language. Very Happy
Haha, very interesting, I didn't knew about it! Very Happy
In Russian they're sea lions too, but we have «sea wolf» phrase too. But its meaning is sailor with big experience, who constantly travel on seas and miss of them when he is in city. You know, something like lone wolf for a part.

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal   Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Kin Toys Hooded Seal
Page 1 of 1