Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new Ray invertebrates

Go down 
+6
Roger
sbell
Tarunyada
widukind
SUSANNE
Froggie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

new Ray invertebrates Empty
PostSubject: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

I wonder how many new ray sets are out there waiting to be discovered!

I never knew they made invertebrates, too. Found these incidentally in a bigger lot when hunting for a PV bee. Especially the snail is adorable:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Surprising, beautyful and very, very interesting finds cheers

They are so detailed and well made , - hurrayy ! You made my day Very Happy Applause

Ps : How big are they, please ?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Very interesting !!Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Interesting indeed! Congratulations, Beatrice :)

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Froggie

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:49 pm

they are rather big - here you can see them together with a raccoon from Schleich:

it would be great if anybody has something else from this set...
thanks for congrats, such incidental finds are the most fun part of collecting
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Froggie wrote:
such incidental finds are the most fun part of collecting

They sure are cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Those are surprisingly decent, given the company! I can't tell in the photos, is there a year stamped on them?

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Froggie

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:23 pm

yes, it is the magical 1995, same as the wonderful birds like the swallow at nest.
They made fantastic items in this single year.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 pm

This is truely unusual, - they are even more gorgeous, as they are so big, - and with year and all cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 pm

I haven't found these giant little creatures in their website but their collections are endless. Here is a link to their famous Hunting sets, Dogs, etc.
They have also a lot of farm animals, including horses. They have tubes, play sets and a huge range of discontinued figures that we cannot find in this website.
I find these figures very interesting despite being large and I thought, that whenever we try to find a bee, what we find is a stinging sensation! Laughing

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 2:46 pm

I was able to track down another invertebrate, this wonderful hawkmoth caterpillar:

and realized that I forgot to show this scorpion:

I know that Blaine has a cicada, a firefly and a thornbug by new Ray.
Wonder what else is to find. Does anybody knows any more figures of that set?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 pm

AMAZING finds cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

NewRay will be more and more interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Froggie wrote:
I was able to track down another invertebrate, this wonderful hawkmoth caterpillar:

Holy cow, I want that caterpillar!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Froggie wrote:

Holy cow, I want that caterpillar!

Holy cow, something you don't have yet ! Good luck Blaine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Here are the aforementioned treehopper (=thorn bug), cicada, and firefly. I also have the centipede but Beatrice posted that already.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Here are the aforementioned treehopper (=thorn bug), cicada, and firefly. I also have the centipede but Beatrice posted that already.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 pm

there is also a praying mantis - unfortunately the only one I found yet misses the front legs. Similar to the scorpion these are an extra part that was only stuck into a connection hole... Seems to be lost easily.
I post the picture anyway, maybe it helps people to identify the figure when they see it in a lot...

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Those are really neat!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 am

Obviously the Mantis has a place on TAI and it is now added. Very Happy I've just mentioned it is missing its front legs. :) I believe these New-Ray sets are composed of multiples of 8 figures. So, it is the 9th invertebrate what may mean several are still missing. Suspect

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 2:16 am

Roger wrote:
Obviously the Mantis has a place on TAI and it is now added. Very Happy I've just mentioned it is missing its front legs. :) I believe these New-Ray sets are composed of multiples of 8 figures. So, it is the 9th invertebrate what may mean several are still missing. Suspect

Assuming they are part of sets, the snail may not have been with the insects/arachnids...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Assuming they are part of sets, the snail may not have been with the insects/arachnids...

Yes, technically, neither the centiped but it is obvious this last one belongs to this series. After all, it is an arthropod. Birds and Wildlife series are known from official pictures, I suspect we don't know an official pic of this series but we are convinced the snail belongs here.

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:23 am

well I got the three items on the first pic in one bunch - of course this is no absolut evidence, but at least a hint of likelihood. So maybe there are 2 x 8 items in that set? (Exciting, more to go!)
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 1:12 am

These invertebrates may not be quite as exciting as the birds, but are still nice. I especially like the flying firefly, the treehopper, and the centipede. The centipede looks quite vigorous in that pose, and a bit unsettling.  Shocked Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: new Ray invertebrates   new Ray invertebrates Empty

Back to top Go down

new Ray invertebrates
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next