Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 Empty
PostSubject: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:10 pm

I own this Play Visions toad that is marked Monteverde Golden Toad and 1996. I wanted to know which series it is, so I checked TAi. I can only find 2 series involving frogs and toads:

Play Visions Poison Dart Frogs 1996 and 1998
Play Visions Frogs and Toads 2002

As mine is marked 1996, it would be strange if it was part of the 2002 series. But when I look at the 1996/1998 series, the two missing species (Boulenger's Asian Tree Toad, Pedostibes hossi and Harlequin Frog, Atelopus varius) don't even look like mine. Is it an unknown member of this series? Or is it part of a whole new series? Anyone who can tell me?

Here's my Monteverde Golden toad:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I read on Wikipedia that this species is classified extinct. Maybe that could be helpful to figure out the right series?

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 5:18 am

I cant help with this beautiful catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:39 am

widukind wrote:
I cant help with this beautiful catch :)

Well, thanks, nevertheless Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 am

The frogs series listed on TAI only show dart frogs and all marked 1996.
In this page, there's a reference to a series with English name marked and from 1998. Though, I don't see any 98 frog listed. Maybe there is a collection of frogs and toads from 1998, maybe not exactly exclusively about poison dart frogs and your toad belongs there perhaps.
The only thing I am sure is that you've found something really interesting and that after K&M, we'll work hardly on PV section on TAI! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:33 am

Wonderful, beautyful and rare frog !!!! Congratulations Applause

It warms my heart when a real collector finds such a seemingly humble model and knows that she has found gold cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:46 am

In a quick search I've found these in DinoCat's collection:
Asian Horned Toad
Australian Mountain Toad
Burrowing Toad
Casque-headed Frog
Malayan Narrow Mouth Toad
Monteverde Golden Toad
Oriental Fire Belly Toad
Surinam Toad

Now I noticed that your is marked 1996 and not 1998 as I commented before. geek Much better, maybe we have 3 frogs and toads seris! Laughing

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful, beautyful and rare frog !!!! Congratulations Applause

It warms my heart when a real collector finds such a seemingly humble model and knows that she has found gold cheers

Thank you, Susanne! cheers It's just so wonderful to keep discovering figurines you've never seen before.. And maybe even new series. There are so many figurines out there Shocked

Roger wrote:
In a quick search I've found these in DinoCat's collection:
Asian Horned Toad
Australian Mountain Toad
Burrowing Toad
Casque-headed Frog
Malayan Narrow Mouth Toad
Monteverde Golden Toad
Oriental Fire Belly Toad
Surinam Toad

Now I noticed that your is marked 1996 and not 1998 as I commented before. geek Much better, maybe we have 3 frogs and toads seris! Laughing

Thanks a lot, Roger! This is very helpful Very Happy It would be great if we discovered a third series with frogs and toads! Is DinoCat a member here on STS too or is he/she from the Animal/Dinosaur Toy Forum? scratch

Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Great catch - it is indeed from the frog/toad set. The confusion about 2002 is because Yujin has made a remake of this series together with some others, they have changed the colour/painting a bit. (I didn't knew when I made this list, I took the year from other member's pictures)
But yours is the truly original PV monteverde golden toad cheers

About TAI I am truly sorry, I have to rework the informations there when adding pictures, because we have some new and better knowledge since this list was uploaded on TAI long time ago. Will do that during the next weeks including pictures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 1:42 am

Julie, Dinocat is also a member of STS but was never active and is not visiting the forum for a long time. He is really active in ATF. Although he is very welcome, we have Beatrice with her superknowledge about PV. As I told, I am sure that after this huge K&M task, we will improve the PV section with wonderful galleries and the most complete lists possible! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996   PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996 Empty

Back to top Go down

PV Monteverde Golden Toad 1996
Page 1 of 1