Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!

Go down 
+5
costicuba
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
sbell
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
They've just changed how they do them? What do you mean?

Instead of the late 90s/early 2000s series, that were large series associated with some sort of candy, the new Dinotales lines tend to be limited capsule series of 5 or 6 figures. In the last few years there has been a Tyrannosaurid set, certaopsian set, marine reptiles set, Cretaceous set, and this one, which is kind of a cross between those and the Capsule Museum series. There is also an upcoming Japanese Cretaceous Excavation set with 4 new models (plus a re-paint of the Pteranodon from the Cretaceous set). I'm also pretty sure that they are sold in museums, etc, now instead of though convenience stores (again, the candy thing).

In general, the figures are less fragile, but of course they are updated to be more in line with current understandings. And just as detailed and high quality as ever.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Done!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My first try at a walkaround, so hope I got it right.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 8:43 pm

cheers Great
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:45 pm

We seem to have missed one:
Moschops by Czech manufacturer Sellanomer for a line called Gimiki's Journey. The line is all baby dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. I think this is the only synapsid.

Last edited by halichoeres on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:34 pm

I guess Susanne will fall in love with this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I guess Susanne will fall in love with this one Very Happy

Ohhh! Yes !!! SO cute I love you cheers

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Not too long ago I added a new synapsid:
Sphenacodon by Chialu (~1955). It's missing a foot but if it weren't it would surely have been too expensive for me to afford.

And I have this custom Diictodon sculpted by a member of the Dinosaur Toy Forum:

Possibly the most prized piece in my collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Both oldies and custom are great, thanks for sharing.

It's incredible to see such an old Sphenacodon (younger than real ones of course Laughing ). With the Marx and Linde one, it seems this animal was much more represented in the 1950-60's than nowadays. It's probably time to make a new one... Someone?
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

It's incredible to see such an old Sphenacodon (younger than real ones of course Laughing ). With the Marx and Linde one, it seems this animal was much more represented in the 1950-60's than nowadays. It's probably time to make a new one... Someone?

I completely agree! It's strange that there were several mid-20th-century but none now. It's past time somebody made a new one.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 4:46 am

halichoeres wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

I completely agree! It's strange that there were several mid-20th-century but none now. It's past time somebody made a new one.

I guess there are much more species discovered nowadays so the sphenacodon is a little bit a "Where's Wally?" now. Though I'm a bit doubtfully every year when I see the amount of theropods produced and the poor "non dinosaur" prehistoric land animals produced.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:54 pm

The new Dinogorgon must belong here Very Happy

I have been googling, and the beautyful Safari Inostrancevia seems to be a sub-species of our new guy :

Safari's new Dimetrodon must be here also Wink
Actually looks a bit like the two, but his family became extinct before they arrived, I think   Rolling Eyes

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Susanne, surely they belong there! Very Happy The comparison picture with both gorgonopsians is fantastic! I don't know any rearrangement that puts one of them as a subspecies of the other but they're surely close related. At least, they belong to the same family and both are gorgonopsians. That dimetrodon is a very beautiful piece, perhaps the most beautiful dimetrodon ever made. However, I may enjoy the CollectA approach a little more. A perfect trio of creatures that existed before dinosaurs , those three are unmissable, at least for those that have room and money enough to get them. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 am

I'd kind of forgotten about this thread--and that apparently my photos have vanished? Maybe I can find them and put them back...maybe (check that...it would apparently take forever. Maybe I'll try retaking photos instead at a later time...).

I recently got the Safari Dimetrodon, but I am still awaiting my Schleich Dinogorgon...it's been ordered but was apparently coming from the UK, so it's taking way longer than I would have liked!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 am

Interesting figurines Susanne

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 am

Thankyou, guys Very Happy

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Nobody has added the CollectA Estemmenosuchus?

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 4:47 am

halichoeres wrote:
Nobody has added the CollectA Estemmenosuchus?

I forgot about doing that! I haven't added to this for so long...or remembered to track down and re-enter the photos...lost in a Dropbox purge

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 2:26 pm

WOW ! That Estemmenosuchus is gorgeous cheers

I think it just entered my wishlist Very Happy

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 am

I'd really like to get Paleozoic and early Mesozoic figures as I can, but except for Dimetrodons I'll have to dig up my assortment is sparse, especially in terrestrial animals. I just got some new ones, the Coelophysis maybe isn't a perfect fit here but I got him with the other Happy Kin figure. These are all brand new to me except the Kenner figure.
Happy Kin Coelophysis, Kenner/Amblin 1997 generic dicynodont?, Safari 2010 Inostravencevia, Happy Kin Scaphonyx

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 5:42 pm

There really aren't that many Carboniferous/Permian/Triassic figures out there!

The Kenner figure was originally sold as a Lycaenops. It came in a thylacine paint scheme (tan with black stripes) and also in this paint scheme, the one I have:

Your version was sold as "Tyrannonops," a hybrid of Lycaenops and Tyrannosaurus, but it's an identical sculpt to the Lycaenops figures.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:51 pm

Here's the tan one with the green one--and the baby version of same!

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:10 pm

Sorry for being off topic but is that Doctor Who?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Advicot wrote:
Sorry for being off topic but is that Doctor Who?

It is! She's pretty much to scale with the adult Lycaenops; they're relatively small as far as gorgonopsids go.

We picked her up at the Who shop in London, the day after she premiered!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!   Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us yours (mid-August)--non-mammal Synapsids!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next