Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.

Go down 
+4
costicuba
Tarunyada
widukind
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. Empty
PostSubject: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:55 pm

I hope to add more to this topic, - therefor the rather cryptic heading  Embarassed  geek Laughing

Lately I have been so lucky to get some old Marilin composition-animals, and got interested in this compagy with the interesting history.
Perhaps best known is the small plastic-copies of Lineol models, which they made from 1967 - 2010.
They are known as "Plaho"-animals, but acually the compagny now known as Marolin was only part of the VEB Plaho Steinach cooperative from 1975 - 1990 .
Torsten Berg has made a fine overvew, which you can see HERE Wink

For me it is very, very hard not to look on ebay when I am playing with models of a certain brand, and  HURRAY ! I found some models I missed in my collection  cheers

A wonderful flock of poultry :  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am almost sure they are from a later period, - the paintwork of some of them looks far too detailed for the Plaho-period. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me ?
Isn't this rooster beautyful ?  Very Happy

Two lovely hens  drunken

The 3rd hen looks like a repaint, and I have not found the model with that kind of grass anywhere on the net or in catalogues-
Does anybody know this model ?  scratch

And here are the chickens I have been wishing fo for a long time  cheers
As you can see there are two kinds of paindwork. Perhaps the ones to the right are from a later period ?
They fit fine together, as the ones to the left could be hen-chickens and the ones to the right could be rooster-chickens ( Whatever they are called in Enaglish ) Wink

And WOW ! I got the white elephant  cheers

Her calf is ordinary grey, but a very nice baby Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Big congratulations Susanne, i never saw the poultrys before. And so i havent answers for you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Wonderful additions, Susanne! They are very charming. I especially like the white/black and brown hens. Congratulations! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Wow, they are soooo lovely cheers
Your find is just great Susanne Applause
I love this rooster..but all of them are just wonderful sunny

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:36 am

Nice flock Susanne Very Happy The 3rd poultry is really different indeed, never saw it anywhere before. I guess it could find a place in the "rarities" SUY Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

Thankyou for your kind comments , dear friends flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 pm

I also can't help Susanne! Sad Though, I find them very nice, specially that sumptuous rooster. Very Happy
Hahah, trying to find names for chickens, what a great sport. Laughing
Rooster, male and mature;
Cock, the same as rooster;
Capon, male chicken whose reproductive function was removed in an early age;
Cockerel, a young domestic cock (usually less than 1 year);
Chick, a newly hatched .

So maybe the chicks to the right are cockerels already? Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:28 pm

cheers Hurray for our Crocodile  Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:48 pm

I have bee rather busy the last couple of days ( My son has helped me in the garden, and I have cooked wonderful dinners cheers ), but I have also had time to play a little more with my VEB Plahos Wink

Recently I got hold of a Plaho-buffalo with dark head  drunken

So far I have only has them unicoloured, - and I wonder if the dark-headed ones are actually made by Marolin after 1990, e.i. they are not Plaho but Marolin ?

Unicoloured, lighter in VEB Plaho-bag :

The white one was made in 2010, - the year Marolin stopped making the old Plaho-range.
As far as I remember there was made 5000 pcs...or was it 500 ?
I also seem to remember that one of our members of STS had them made, but I just can't remember who  geek  scratch

Here is the hippo-variation which was certainly made by Marolin already in 1990 Very Happy

Compared to  the VEB-variation Wink

And now the wolves  cheers
It was made in various colours by Plaho :

But the Marolin-variation is clearly different :

I was delighted when i found out theat I have this lineol-wolf...could he be the original model made by Lineol in Brandenburg ?

Newer, older, oldest :

And here the squirrels ...
They were certainly made with different colours by VEB Plaho :

Here one even has grey base colour :

Still, the one made by Marolin ic clearly different Very Happy

Three variations of the same mould...I adore this little figurine  drunken

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Oh yes, VEB Plaho have any colour variations :) Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Oh, they are sooooo wonderful.
And this Lineol wolf...what a great model...love it ! :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Susanne, all these figures are wonderful, you know I love vintage although I have only a little collection of these. :)
I can't find the original white buffalo thread to confirm the number of pieces, it was probably in trade section and has gone. Sad
I remember considering to get it at the time but I don't remember how many they were.
At first I thought it was @plahotiere who started that project but I think Thomas (@effelderboy) seems more Plahosible! Wink
Both are experts and Thomas has always lots of figures to sell. I think it could be a good idea to keep contact with him. Very Happy Soon we have 3 big Plaho/Marolin collectors, Thomas, Torsten and you! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:28 pm

Thankyou, Andreas and Kosta Very Happy
Thankyou very much for your help, Roger cheers

Roger wrote:
......Soon we have 3 big Plaho/Marolin collectors, Thomas, Torsten and you! cheers

lol! lol! lol!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Plaho and Marolin... A world of variations... made for Susanne cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Plaho and Marolin... A world of variations... made for Susanne cheers

cheers cheers cheers

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 2:33 am

I'm an eastern bloc child, so i had a lot of Plaho in my childhood. The best thing is, that there was a LOT of color varations from each species. Alone the horses had over 20 different colors.
Sadly, that i had sold my figures at ebay.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
I'm an eastern bloc child, so i had a lot of Plaho in my childhood. The best thing is, that there was a LOT of color varations from each species. Alone the horses had over 20 different colors.
Sadly, that i had sold my figures at ebay.

Oh, yes ! So sad that you sold them Sad

Those little models are not just lovely and interesting, - they are toy history, yes, they are WORLD history drunken

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:33 am

Congrats, Susanne, these poultry figures are the most elusive ones from Plaho/Marolin ones! The small roosters mold should be really old, Czech company Durolin made identical "Masse" figure in era 1975-1980. When I saw such plastic rooster with the same mold, I looked for Marolin catalog for it. I found only white colour variant in the catalog but there is the black variant too. I never saw the "bunte" variant, thanks for showing us these pictures! Unfortunately, the low-quality colours were used on there figures, the painting on the heads and basis is often peeling off...  

Here is the black variant:
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Ohhh! Jarda, they are beautyful cheers

Are they yours ? bounce

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh! Jarda, they are beautyful cheers

Are they yours ? bounce

Yes, I got these on German E-Bay with big help of our friend Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:03 pm

HURRAAAY for Andreas, - and for you too cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne. Empty

Back to top Go down

New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.
Page 1 of 1