Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Um, is this weird?

Go down 
+7
cattlecollector
SUSANNE
raccoonhat21
Ana
Gwaine
Wilorvise
*Valencia Stables*
11 posters
AuthorMessage
*Valencia Stables*

*Valencia Stables*

Country/State : Arizona

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:53 am

Okay, let me ask you straight on, is it weird that I treat my schleich like real animals? I give them fresh grain and hay every day, refill their water, have pasture schedules, and talk to them like crazy, even announce who won a schleich show to them! Am I the only one who does this? Not to mention, I fell SUPER guilty when one of my schleich is alone in a corner. Is this normal???
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:31 am

Does it bother you that you do so? Because if it does, you might consider taking a short break (and announcing it to the regulars) and seeing if that changes things?

As for how different from normal it is, well, it really depends on several factors: Your age, How many pets you have, how many friends - especially peer-aged you have (in physical corporeal form), and how REAL the animals are to you. How much you project yourself and your love for animals, wishes for the real live events, etc. And do you do it to the exclusion of other activities?

It's really not that odd for people to talk to their treasures. If you expect them to talk back that might be another issue.  If you are putting on a show, it would make sense that you'd announce the winners.  It's part of play. You've created a persona for them, I presume. And like a writer's characters' they've come to life. You could possibly write a book about the characters...

Water evaporates, so it makes sense you'd change that. And hay, well, you wouldn't want moldy hay in the house.

Would I do so? No, because I don't have that connection with my collection. Plus kids rather run interference and take over :)

This is not a professional or medical opinion, just one of a fellow collector. If it's bothering you like an obsession and you feel like its taken over your life, it probably is deeper.

*Valencia Stables*

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:04 am

Ya, just I guess a play, or natural kid habit!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:21 am

Not weird at all , just a wonderfully lively imagination Wink
And it sounds like great fun cheers

Not just a kid habit either !

I remember that there has been several virtual critters/babies which needed attention all the time or they would make a lot of noice or something Shocked
Thousands of grown-ups were spending hours on it Laughing
Well... I would prefer a toy horse farn any time Very Happy

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:56 am

I sooooooometimes talk to them too... Like when one falls over. My breyers get kisses sometimes and each model has their own story.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:34 am

I think you have wonderful imagination and fantasy. Perhaps you can start writing stories for example. It would be fun to read that! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
*Valencia Stables*

*Valencia Stables*

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Gwaine wrote:
I sooooooometimes talk to them too... Like when one falls over. My breyers get kisses sometimes and each model has their own story.

That is what I do! Haha! I even give each one orders sometimes! Like, John, clean the stalls, and Aubryn, you have a lesson at 2:30!
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:06 pm

*Valencia Stables* wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

That is what I do! Haha! I even give each one orders sometimes! Like, John, clean the stalls, and Aubryn, you have a lesson at 2:30!

My orders go as far as 'Stop falling over!'

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
raccoonhat21

raccoonhat21

Country/State : U.S.A

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 3:16 am

i find that good, you remember to do things on a schedule which may be good for your future Very Happy

sometimes ill have jumping shows with my models haha

breyer: 9
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:07 am

That is just what they are made for cheers

Suddenly it comes back to me. In my early teens I had a playmate who also collected Reisler, and all our animals had names and personalities and were talking Very Happy
About 50 years ago, - hard to understand  Shocked  scratch
So, Valencia, enjoy it and be happy ! Your hobby is not weird, and before you know it, you are also 63  farao  Laughing

(Ha, ha, we also played were Red Indians and built mud castles, but only when nobody saw it tongue )

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 3:57 pm

The only time that I talk to my models is when I am muttering something under my breath about stupid bent legs or something.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 9:09 pm

I speak to my Burt Lancaster doll like to a baby. I cuddle my Jack Elam doll like a pet and treat my Rock Hudson doll like if he was made of gold. Does it sound crazy to you?
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I speak to my Burt Lancaster doll like to a baby. I cuddle my Jack Elam doll like a pet and treat my Rock Hudson doll like if he was made of gold. Does it sound crazy to you?

If you actually are a Bowhead Whale, it does sound crazy.
But if you're not....where can I get that Rock Hudson doll? What a Face

Bowhead Whale

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

If you actually are a Bowhead Whale, it does sound crazy.
But if you're not....where can I get that Rock Hudson doll?  What a Face

I made myself the dolls I have! Very Happy Where else could I find a plush Jack Elam? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

Iuri97

Country/State : Portugal

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:10 am

I don´t find it weird at all! Heck, I am a 18-year old guy who still picks up his figures, moves them around and pretends to be doing a nature documentary! XD When I find myself bored at home, with nothing to do and not feeling like writing, playing on the tablet, or whatever, I always resort to pick up my figures and make my very own "documentary". :)

"The young Triceratops managed to escape it´s two pursuers and has found itself back into the safety of it´s herd. It has learned a very valuable lesson: it must never stray far from the herd again, for more often than not, the predators following them do not let any stragglers escape".

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:41 pm

So, I can continue to hug my Burt Lancaster plushie and no one will call me crazy.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Um, is this weird? 323Um, is this weird? 321

For those who are curious, here are my Jack Elam plushie and my Burt Lancaster plushie. Very pleasant to sleep with...
Back to top Go down
BossLion

Country/State : Florida, USA

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:32 pm

I actually want to see if I can use my animal figures in conjunction with any 3 inch to 4 inch action figures. Just a thought that came in my head.

Admin
SUSANNE

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Um, is this weird? 323Um, is this weird? 321

For those who are curious, here are my Jack Elam plushie and my Burt Lancaster plushie. Very pleasant to sleep with...

Gosh ! I missed these Shocked  They are absolutely WONDERFUL cheers bounce cheers Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:46 pm

BossLion wrote:
I actually want to see if I can use my animal figures in conjunction with any 3 inch to 4 inch action figures. Just a thought that came in my head.

I can't wait to see pictures cheers

Sponsored content

Um, is this weird? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Um, is this weird?   Um, is this weird? Empty

Back to top Go down

Um, is this weird?
Page 1 of 1