Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Westland Giftware eagles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

Country/State : United States

Westland Giftware eagles Empty
PostSubject: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 5:25 am

Westland Giftware is a company that makes decorative figurines.  You may have heard of their Horse of a Different Color and Call of the Wolf lines.  Because their eagle figures are so detailed and posed dramatically, they are my favorite eagles to collect.  When I got started collecting eagle figures back in 2005, they were fairly common.  However, Westland stopped producing wildlife figures so they are rather hard to find now.  Sometimes they pop on on Ebay or I luck out while browsing in a gift shop somewhere.
I apologize for the poor lighting in my photos
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8229 by E H, on Flickr
One of the first Westland figures I got.  I remember getting it back in 2005.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8225 by E H, on Flickr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8222 by E H, on Flickr
This is one of their smaller figures but still very well sculpted with lots of detail
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8223 by E H, on Flickr
This candle holder seems poorly designed.  The eagle's wing is situated almost directly above the candle.  But it's a great figure if you don't light the candle.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8235 by E H, on Flickr
This one is also a music box
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8240 by E H, on Flickr
Another music box
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8233 by E H, on Flickr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8221 by E H, on Flickr
And my favorite...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8243 by E H, on Flickr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8244 by E H, on Flickr

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 7:47 am

Very nice, what is the material?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 7:52 am

Those are cool. Don't show them to my husband though. I have nowhere to put it, and I think they're too breakable for my kiddos.

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:08 am

widukind wrote:
Very nice, what is the material?

They're resin

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 am

Wilorvise wrote:
Those are cool. Don't show them to my husband though.  I have nowhere to put it, and I think they're too breakable for my kiddos.

Haha, yeah. They are pretty fragile, especially their wing feathers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:21 am

They are awesome cheers Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:56 am

Thank you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:32 am

SUSANNE wrote:
They are awesome cheers Applause

Thanks

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:57 pm

I love the ones with the water, very interesting!

PostSubject: Re: Westland Giftware eagles   Westland Giftware eagles Empty

Back to top Go down

Westland Giftware eagles
Page 1 of 1