Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bearded vulture (1:10)

Go down 
+11
Roger
lucky luke
Tarunyada
Attis
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Bloodrayne
Wilorvise
costicuba
widukind
DavidP
15 posters
AuthorMessage
DavidP

DavidP

Country/State : Spain

Bearded vulture (1:10) Empty
PostSubject: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Hello friends,
This time I have tried a bird, and I have understood why they are so scarcely chosen by the homemade sculptors: feathers!!! In a previous post I showed you an attempt with a stork, but it was too small for the health of my eyes, so I repeated with a larger scale in this vulture. Well, in fact I admit that I have enjoyed it a lot, and most probably I will enhance my technique with additional species (maybe the three remaining Spanish vultures to complete a series...?). In a few days, the painted model (although the complex pattern of the back feathers scares me a bit!). Hope you like it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:52 pm

A phantastic vulture figurine!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:53 pm

David, you did absolutely great job with this model ! cheers
The feathers are very very well made it Applause
I`m shure, with colors will look very cool. Bravo !

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Wow. That's magnificently done.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 pm

You did an amazingly well job on the wings.
Did you make each feather separately and then applied it to the body?
That's what it looks like to me.
That must have taken a long, LONG time!
But the end outcome is incredible.
Have a great time painting this bird. It will be a beauty.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 pm

First, David, you are very brave Applause And it was a very good idea to be brave cheers

The feathers are really impressive and I would be happy to know, to learn, how you did it Very Happy

I would like to be as brave as you are and I will wait to see it painted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Fantastic cheers Awesome cheers Beautyful cheers

And best of all : You en joyed making this wonderful bir, so we can look forward to more from you Very Happy Applause

Attis

Attis

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:36 pm

This modells is fantastic !! Smile

Yo has made a very good job. Again.

I can wait see it painted.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 pm

This vulture is gorgeous Shocked David, you really nailed these feathers - especially the tail feathers. It's beautiful! I really can't wait to see it painted. Oooh this is so wonderful!! Again, wonderful job Applause

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
This vulture is gorgeous Shocked David, you really nailed these feathers - especially the tail feathers. It's beautiful! I really can't wait to see it painted. Oooh this is so wonderful!! Again, wonderful job Applause

Applause cheers Cool Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:26 pm

David, that's a fabulous sculpture, maybe it could work even more realistic with a narrower neck and smaller head, though, please don't touch it. It worked with a perfect visual balance and the level of detail is absolute. You're a fantastic sculptor and I'm looking forward to see that Iberian creature painted. cheers

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 pm

That looks really good!
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:46 pm

I think a beautiful sculpture and a perfect job Shocked . Very difficult to make much detail and proportions. !!.Enhorabuena David !. Applause Applause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Gorgeous and wonderful choice of bird! One of my favorites. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
DavidP

DavidP

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 6:50 pm

After losing some degree of health both in my sight and my steady hand to draw acceptable back lines, I finished my bearded vulture. Thanks to all your kind comments, and I confirm to those of you asking for the technique on wing feathers, that each one was made separately and then applied it to the body: a thin layer of clay is cut in long strips, and then each one is filed on the corresponding shape, see last photo); the final result looks fancy, but actually this was more labourious than hard (believe me: it was much more difficult to model the bristeled nape or to paint the stripes, two aspects I'll try to improve in the next figure, probably an egyptian vulture).

Best wishes,
David

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Phantastic :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 pm

That's fabulous David! Very realistic looking bird. Looking forward to see your Egyptian vulture! bounce bounce

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Applause Applause Applause

The painting is giving this bird a great improvement, which is fantastic because the sculpt was already very good.

It is really an impressive model now! And thank you a lot for the pic and explanation about feathers Very Happy
What about a making of topic for your next production? Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Absolutely awesome !!!! cheers Applause bounce cheers cheers Applause

DavidP

DavidP

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks friends. I have already started the Egyptian vulture. A new challenge: for maintaining the scale of the bearded vulture (1:10 approx.), now I have to make the long nape feathers and the face details (so characteristic of this species) quite a bit smaller...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm

DavidP wrote:
Thanks friends. I have already started the Egyptian vulture. A new challenge: for maintaining the scale of the bearded vulture (1:10 approx.), now I have to make the long nape feathers and the face details (so characteristic of this species) quite a bit smaller...

I can't wait to see it bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearded vulture (1:10)   Bearded vulture (1:10) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearded vulture (1:10)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: