Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
lucky luke
landrover
Dutch Bear
Saarlooswolfhound
Anouk
Bloodrayne
Irinakorol
sortepletter
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
Saien
widukind
costicuba
Tarunyada
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . Empty
PostSubject: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 5:40 pm

For October 2015 we have a topic that I look very much forward to : Black American, black Asian, sun bear, spectacled bear, and Sloth bear cheers

For some strange reason these are not as common among models as the grizzly bear, but they are all interesting and beautyful.

The American black bear is the one we know best among our models, and some have even seen one in their garden !
There are several sub-species, and one is actually brown ! But they are very different from the grizzly : Smaller and without the hump on the shoulder.

The spectacled bear or Andean bear lives in...yes ! The Andean Mountains , and is the only bear native to South America.
It's fur is blackish or lighter, and it has light markings in the face, varying from bear to bear.

The Asian black bear has a moon shaped white colour on the chest, whick is the reason for it's other name : Moon bear Very Happy
But can also be known by the thick ruff round the shoulders and neck, and the large, fuzzy ears.

The Malayan sun bear is the smalles bear of all.
To me it was a bit confusing with sun- and moon bears, and for good measure some sun bears can also have a fine, white moon on the chest Shocked
But apart from these individual's marking, the two bears are very different.
The sun bear has a jet-black, short and shiny fur, small ears, and huge feet with long claws, which it uses for climbing trees for honey, which it licks with it's enormousl long tonge Laughing

The sloth bear This charming bear is quite different from the others. It is nocturnal, and lives from insects and fruit.
The build is sort of lanky, and it has a long, shaggy coat.
But most of all it is easy to know from the long face with very moveable lips, - giving it the name "Lip-bear" in several languages, for instance German and Danish.

And here they are :
The black bears, made by Colorata : Moon, American,Sun, Sloth, and specatcled bears:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My only spectacled bear ( Colorata)

My two beloved sloth bears, - Elastolin and Colorata :

Tree Asian black ( Moon ) bears , - EIKOH, Kaiyodo and Colorada

Comparing ”sun” and ”moon” :

The Sun bear from colotata may look a bit strange, but really he is quite correct. Together with the two small black Asians, it is easy to see the sleek coat, lanky build and small, round ears Very Happy

And here are two fine, illustrative examples of the difference between moon and sun Wink
The Bullyland Moon bear and her cub say hello to the Sun bear from Mojo.

This is all for now. I got a new kitchen knife for my birthday, and it is sharp. So I have a bandage on my left hand , which makes typing very slow geek Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Susanne, your other-bear collection is wonderful! cheers Indeed, these aren't species that are very common scratch I'd love to see some more, because I think I like them even better than brown and polar bears. And again, I'm just in love with the Eikoh one drunken

Thanks for sharing! cheers I don't think I have a figurine of one of these species Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:55 pm

This will be great topic , especially with this great start.
These models are absolutely fantastic Susanne cheers
Thank you for sharing them.
And like Julie, I`m also in love with the Eikoh Asian black bear. sunny

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Congratulations Susanne Very Happy cheers
My favorite goes for the sloth of bears colorata drunken sunny Cool
wonderful collection! Applause

jocolor study Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 9:26 am

Lovely bears :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 pm

A wonderful map of the distribution of the various bears cheers Applause

Thankyou very much, dear Luc flower

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Great topic and wonderful collection, congratulations Susanne! cheers Applause
Your commentary at the beginning is very interesting and edifying, thanks Very Happy study

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Saien wrote:
Great topic and wonderful collection, congratulations Susanne! cheers Applause  
Your commentary at the beginning is very interesting and edifying, thanks Very Happy study

Thankyou very much, Andrea Very Happy

I am happy it is not only me who needed to learn/ referesh-the-knowledge a little more about all these wonderful black bears alien alien alien alien alien Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:40 pm

Nobody else have black bears ? Shocked

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Only these:

Noah's Pals Blake, mojo's sunbear ("King Bear"), Noah's Pals Brittany

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:04 pm

They are wonderful, Laura cheers

And a great comparison photo Very Happy

What a shame that Noah's Pals had such a short life Crying or Very sad

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 pm

This is true. I am hoping some day to get the whole series. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps by time time I have great grandchildren. Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
This is true. I am hoping some day to get the whole series. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps by time time I have great grandchildren. Wink

Arrrhw, - you should not have grandchildren when you are so young Wink Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 pm

A little family of three well known American black bears : The upright black bear 50113 from 2010 Papo, and Schleich Momma- black bear 14316 made from 2003 - 11 and her cub 14326, made from 2004 -11 alien

Magnificent model, isn't he ? Very Happy

A real bear momma look Wink

I love this baby. Very Happy
Not many critters are as cute looking as a little Teddy, and this one is no exception  drunken

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:07 pm

I love the Papo black bear :)
These Shcleich are cute :)
What about the Collecta one..is it nice? Maybe somebody will show it here? :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:23 am

I have to manage a way to show mine. These three are great, the mighty standing bear I have as a gift from Kosta and other two are still in my niece's collection. She always loved the Schleich blakc bear baby as her favorite non panda bear. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 am

Kosta : Wild and black, - just the bear for you cheers

Roger, your niece has a good taste Very Happy
And no matter what you say, you make magnificent photos, so please, please, get going Basketball cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 4:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kosta : Wild and black, - just the bear for you cheers

Roger, your niece has a good taste Very Happy
And no matter what you say, you make magnificent photos, so please, please, get going Basketball cheers

Hahah...yeah, Kosta likes black models Very Happy (especialy black panthers) ... and he can`t give a right explanation why is that .. scratch
Maybe, sometimes, when the model is not painted very well with other colors, I prefer to be only black ..?!? scratch
I hope, that people will not take me as a ``dark person`` Laughing

And I completely agree with Susanne , Roger, you make very good photos.
I still remember the beautiful outdoor photos of the repainted Mojo lynx :))
So please, show us your bears :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Ok, I will not wait Roger wonderful pics Sleep  here are mines Laughing

My American black bears ( with the Bandai moon bear and son  Laughing )
Safari Ltd, Safari Ltd, Bandai, Bandai, Hausser Elastolin, Mojo

The other Asian black bears
Colorata, Britains, Bullyland

My Sloth bear army
Hausser Elastolin

My Sun bears
Colorata, Lineol, Starlux, Mojo

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Beautyful models cheers

And such wonderful pictures Applause Applause

What brands are they, - I do not know the lovely Japanese-looking ones, the little shiny one, and the composition model scratch Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 6:27 pm

I put the name with the pics now Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Beautiful collection of black bears Kiki Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Black is beautiful Kosta Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Beautiful black bear collection Christophe cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Thank you Andrea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .   Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear . Empty

Back to top Go down

Black bears : American black, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, Moon bear, Sun bear .
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next