Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can anyone help about this owl?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice_twin

Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

Can anyone help about this owl? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:08 pm

This came with some other animals I bought, but I can't seem to find any information about this exact owl. Can anyone help?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I have never seen this cutie before , sorry scratch

Ice_twin

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:37 pm

She's definitely a cutie :) all I know is that she's by AAA, but google and the toy animal wiki are throwing up no results for her Sad
Back to top Go down
Ice_twin

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:39 pm

A few more pictures, fingers crossed someone out there recognises her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 pm

I also don't remember seeing it before, I only know an AAA snowy owl with open wings. :)

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Roger wrote:
I also don't remember seeing it before, I only know an AAA snowy owl with open wings. :)

Thank you for replying, that's also the only one I could find. It's very strange as I know owls are popular for collectors, so i'm sure there must be another one like mine out there :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you for replying, that's also the only one I could find. It's very strange as I know owls are popular for collectors, so i'm sure there must be another one like mine out there :)

Which other AAA figures have you received with it? Maybe it is from a play set as my Arctic Fox. study
It is incredibly hard to find info about AAA figures, it will be a big trouble to list them at Toy Animal Wiki. Collectors Quest was a good source but it has gone unfortunately. Crying or Very sad

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:42 am

Roger wrote:
Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:

Which other AAA figures have you received with it? Maybe it is from a play set as my Arctic Fox. study
It is incredibly hard to find info about AAA figures, it will be a big trouble to list them at Toy Animal Wiki. Collectors Quest was a good source but it has gone unfortunately. Crying or Very sad

I also got an orange fox, a walrus, two tigers one orange and one yellow, a rhinoceros, a polar bear and a goose. So nothing that seems to really go with an owl. :)
But thank you for replying, and it was a good idea to check the other animals :)

ps here's the goose, since it's the only other bird.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Wow, a AAA owl! I've never seen it before, great find!

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:48 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Wow, a AAA owl! I've never seen it before, great find!

Thank you :) I honestly had no idea it would be such an unusual owl, I just thought my googling skills were failing me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:
Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:

I also got an orange fox, a walrus, two tigers one orange and one yellow, a rhinoceros, a polar bear and a goose. So nothing that seems to really go with an owl. :)
But thank you for replying, and it was a good idea to check the other animals :)

ps here's the goose, since it's the only other bird.

This one is also new for me. Actually, it was very interesting to see what you acquired. Obviously I am particulary interested in seeing the fox. AAA are not documented as far as I know, so, more information we get better. Very Happy

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Roger wrote:

This one is also new for me. Actually, it was very interesting to see what you acquired. Obviously I am particulary interested in seeing the fox. AAA are not documented as far as I know, so, more information we get better. Very Happy

Here's a lovely picture of the fox. I'm still hoping someone on here has the owl, i'm sure I can't be the only one with it :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:

Here's a lovely picture of the fox. I'm still hoping someone on here has the owl, i'm sure I can't be the only one with it :)

It seems you're the only owner of that owl indeed. Laughing
The fox seems the same as mine, it was @Percefone who acquired it in a local shop in Spain.

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Roger wrote:

It seems you're the only owner of that fox indeed. Laughing
The fox seems the same as mine, it was @Percefone who acquired it in a local shop in Spain.

You mean owl? I think the fox is a cutie, but i'm more smitten with the owl :) I would never have imagined this time last year that I would now have a menagerie of animals, you start with just one 2 and they magically multiply lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:

You mean owl? I think the fox is a cutie, but i'm more smitten with the owl :) I would never have imagined this time last year that I would now have a menagerie of animals, you start with just one 2 and they magically multiply lol!

lol! That's collector's life. Wink
Yes, I meant owl but my head is always thinking in foxes. geek I think I've found your owl, it is a snowy owl from the ELC polar set.
This is a picture from Doc's collection and I believe he doesn't mind that I'm sharing it here. You can see here other figures from this set, I have the fox and I mean fox this time indeed. Wink

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Roger wrote:
Ice_twin wrote:
Roger wrote:

lol! That's collector's life. Wink
Yes, I meant owl but my head is always thinking in foxes. geek I think I've found your owl, it is a snowy owl from the ELC polar set.
This is a picture from Doc's collection and I believe he doesn't mind that I'm sharing it here. You can see here other figures from this set, I have the fox and I mean fox this time indeed. Wink

I don't seem to have permission to view the picture, although i'm very excited that you might have found out where my little owl is from :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Embarassed I wanted to use an external link once picture is not mine but here goes. Doc is a gen and he understands that we want to share info with other collectors.
Besides these, there's also a puffin, seal and walrus? ... in this set. Very Happy

free screen capture

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Oww yay that's her, thank you so much, the polar bear I have is the same one as well.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Ice_twin wrote:
Oww yay that's her, thank you so much, the polar bear I have is the same one as well.

You're welcome. The fox you're posting, is also from a similar set but a Forest set instead. I suspect your walrus also belongs to the polar set together with the owl and the polar bear. If you have a picture, I can confirm it for you. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Applause Applause Crocodile cheers

Ice_twin

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:15 am

Roger wrote:
Ice_twin wrote:

You're welcome. The fox you're posting, is also from a similar set but a Forest set instead. I suspect your walrus also belongs to the polar set together with the owl and the polar bear. If you have a picture, I can confirm it for you. Very Happy

This is so interesting, thank you. Here's the walrus :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Exactly, that is the right walrus and it belongs to the same set as the fox and polar bear.
Those figures are manufactured by AAA but sold under ELC brand name.
They come in wonderful tin boxes and this particular set is called 'Polar Animals" and countains the following 10 figures:
- Arctic Fox
- Arctic Hare
- Ermine
- Harp Seal
- Penguin
- Penguin chick
- Polar Bear
- Puffin
- Snowy Owl
- Walrus

Other ELC sets I've found in Doc's collection:

ELC British Wildlife:
- Eagle Owl
- European Badger
- European Rabbit... or Hare?
Fawn
Hedgehog?
Mole?
Red Fox (presented in this topic)

Wildlife Set:
(I think they are all youngsters)
- Black Panther
- Brown Bear
- Chimpanzee
- Crocodile
- Giant Panda
- Hippo
- Leopard
- Lion
- Polar bear
- Tiger

Pets Set:
- Bunny
- Dalmatian Puppy
- West Higland puppy?
- Labrador Puppy?
- Guinea Pig
- Orange cat
- Sitting cat
- Tortoise

Cavemen and Sabre-Toothed Tiger Set :
- 2 cavemen and the sabre-toothed tiger.

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help about this owl?   Can anyone help about this owl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help about this owl?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: AAA-
Jump to: