Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlux WWF Bongo

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:02 am

As "a few" of us are waiting very patiently a Bongo figurine every year and since even the brave CollectA constantly avoid the job, I decided to make another walkaround of this beautiful antelope.

I already shown you the wonderful Kaiyodo Bongo and the mighty Ana's model. Now it's time to walk around the 33 years old Starlux Bongo, probably the oldest Bongo toy ever.

Made in 1982 byt the French company, this Bongo was a part of the Starlux WWF series made in 1982.

A few pics?   Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With some friends
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 am

Such a little beauty drunken

Starlux is certainly something very special, and this one is one of the most special cheers

Thankyou for this wonderful walkaround Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:48 am

A nice bongo :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:38 am

Beautiful bongo! Thank you for walk around Kikimalou! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:19 pm

At a certain point a bongo was very expected from Mojö, both because it was very popular in Mojö votations on forum and also because Anna started working for Mojö. Numaan, probably had the same expectations and decided to suggest other antelopes to CollectA. I know their mountain nyala was initially projected to be a greater kudu but I think it fills up, at a certain point, the niche that a bongo could occupy. I think also that Anna's bongo which is present in several of our collections reduced a little our needing of prioritizing this antelope in our wishes. :)
Starlux as it happened often, pioneered and risked to release an unusual creature and a very challenging one, the bongo is not as stylized as many other figures from the brand, it is realistically rendered and even the number of strips on torso and rump are correct to the species. Many thanks for this perfect walk around and for tributing such a remarkable and historic figure. Very Happy

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:46 pm

A great presentation of this excellent vintage figure with a nice sense of motion and anatomy.
Thanks for sharing the views, maybe you can do some more for the other WWF figures (if you have them, your gorilla review was great too)?

I can only imagine how amazing it would have been if the WWF series had a rare African Forest elephant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Woww affraid cheers Applause
What a lovely model.. Love it !!!
Maybe this one and the Starlux gorilla are my favorite :)
Thank you for this walkaround Kiki :)

Starlux WWF Bongo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux WWF Bongo   Starlux WWF Bongo Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlux WWF Bongo
Page 1 of 1