Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround

Go down 
+5
widukind
pokeyanyway
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
Tarunyada
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Despite my lack of time I keep looking around for animal figurines everywhere I come. When I visited my parents this weekend I couldn't help going to the local Schleich-S/Papo shop, where I get most new figurines from these brands. I was delighted to find some of the new Schleich-S 2016 figurines* and wasn't doubting when finding this new bird: the 14758 flamingo.

I'm not an expert when it comes to bird figurines; I just buy what I like. And this flamingo I really like. The details are good enough for me (I like the feathers) and the legs are quite thin - especially when compared to earlier long-legged avians made by Schleich. The legs are a little bit crooked, but the overal flamingo is not as awkward as Alice's golf flamingoes. Biggest disappointment is the material the flamingo's made of: it's the same rubberish stuff the 13734 Shire stallion is made off (it kinda scared me). Besides this, I'm really happy with my new pink friend!

Schleich-S 14758 Flamingo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Feel free to add any close-up pictures (I definitely have to get a decent macro-lens!) Wink

* No new Papo figurines yet, unfortunately. The shop owner has had some problems with Papo deliveries before, but I hope they arrive early this year..

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:36 pm

What a great model cheers

I wonder what species it is ? scratch Greater flamingo ? But it does not have such dark red legs ...

I looked HERE , but it seems that they can vary a lot accoring to their food, - or perhaps it is just "A flamingo" Very Happy

Congratulations, and thankyou for a great walkaround Applause

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 7:20 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Yes, it is! cheers

SUSANNE wrote:
I wonder what species it is ? scratch Greater flamingo ? But it does not have such dark red legs ...

I looked HERE , but it seems that they can vary a lot accoring to their food, - or perhaps it is just "A flamingo" Very Happy

I wanted to add it to TAi, but then I realised I had no idea what species flamingo it is. I'll leave this to STS's bird experts!

SUSANNE wrote:

Thanks and you're very welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Nice looking bird. Thank you for the pictures.
Maybe the legs are easily fixed by holding them under the hot water tap,
straighten them and then quickly hold them under the cold tap, until they set.
But maybe this won't work because of the "softer" plastic?

Anyways,
Nice looking bird. Very Happy

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:

Anyways,

You can do this to fix crooked Schleich figures?

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:28 pm

A very nice Schleich Flamingo Julie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:35 pm

I am glad seeing you posting back on forum, Julie! cheers
It is also nice that you are presenting one of the Schleich highlights to 2016 and a figure that I intend to buy. Very Happy
So, the material is also like the newer stork, I actually also don't like it but it won't prevent me from acquiring this interesting figure. Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

We identified on forum it as a Chilean flamingo and Schleich confirmed later on their webpage. Very Happy
Chilean Flamingo

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:

Anyways,

Seriously? D: I should try this xD Thanks!

widukind wrote:
A very nice Schleich Flamingo Julie :)

Thanks, Andreas!

Roger wrote:
I am glad seeing you posting back on forum, Julie! cheers
It is also nice that you are presenting one of the Schleich highlights to 2016 and a figure that I intend to buy. Very Happy
So, the material is also like the newer stork, I actually also don't like it but it won't prevent me from acquiring this interesting figure. Very Happy

I myself am really glad to be back as well; I sure missed this place! Hopefully I'll get an easier (and more free) time after my last tests upcoming week..
Yes, the material is a pity, but as long as it doesn't affect the figurines looks, it's okay to me Wink

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

We identified on forum it as a Chilean flamingo and Schleich confirmed later on their webpage. Very Happy

Okay, so I added the Chilean Flamingo page to TAi and of course the Schleich 14758 Flamingo page (I still know how to edit TAi, hurray!) as well.

BUT I'M CONFUSED D':
When I'm looking to Schleich's webpage, as you said, Roger, I see this:
Okay, Chilean flamingo, we understand. Thanks, Schleich-S Wink

But when I'm looking in the 2016 Schleich-S catalogue, I see this:
There the French name for this flamingo is Flamant rose. My French isn't great, but when checking out the French Wikipedia page of this 'Flamant rose' and than switch it to the English Wikipedia page, it says Greater flamingo Shocked

So Schleich did something wrong Laughing

Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:12 pm

It must be a Greater Chilean Flamingo. Laughing

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:17 am

Tarunyada wrote:
Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Okay, so I added the Chilean Flamingo page to TAi and of course the Schleich 14758 Flamingo page (I still know how to edit TAi, hurray!) as well.

BUT I'M CONFUSED D':
When I'm looking to Schleich's webpage, as you said, Roger, I see this:
Okay, Chilean flamingo, we understand. Thanks, Schleich-S Wink

But when I'm looking in the 2016 Schleich-S catalogue, I see this:
There the French name for this flamingo is Flamant rose. My French isn't great, but when checking out the French Wikipedia page of this 'Flamant rose' and than switch it to the English Wikipedia page, it says Greater flamingo Shocked

So Schleich did something wrong Laughing

You are a top Wiki editor. Very Happy
Oh, everything was going very well and I was almost not believing it was Schleich. You're right, while the website calls it a Chilean flamingo, the French translation calls it a greater flamingo although the English designation is generic as expected.
I am very poor sighted as you know so I'll ask for your opinion giving you some tips:

Chilean flamingo:
- pink plumage with black primary, and black secondary flight feathers, with red wing coverts.
- greyish legs with pink joints and pink webbed feet,
- Pink beak, more than half is black
- Eyes, pale yellow

Greater flamingo:
- plumage is pinkish white, primary and secondary flight feathers are black and wing coverts are red,
- legs and webbed feet are pink
- beak is pink with a restrictive black tip,
- Yellow eyes with pink skin from the eye to the beak

I hope it is not a greater Chilean flamingo as Pokey suggested. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 8:57 am

Thank you forthe nice walkaround Julie Very Happy

Don't worry about the French translation, every flamingo could be called a Flamant rose in French. Indeed "Flamant rose" only means flamingo. Since we called Flemish "Flamand", it avoid confusion Wink .
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:15 am

Very nice flamingo, congratulations Julie! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ghostme9

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Just thought I would add some I took today in case there were differences between the one supplied with the Waterfall set (hope that's ok!) :

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 pm

They look quite different to me! Shocked It may be due to different photo settings but yours seems to have a simpler painting. If it is intended to represent different species, it may be super clever from Schleich. :)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround   Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 14758 Flamingo Walkaround
Page 1 of 1