Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016

Go down 
+7
Ana
LukaLeon085
landrover
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
NightLioness
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Here is a small walkaround of the Safari LTD: Spoonbill from 2016.
Additional photos would be appreciated!
As different cameras, backgrounds and light can give a different appearance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My opinion: Big model, but very detailed. Don't know the sup-species of the spoonbill.
Coloring is bright and very colorful Very Happy Face is nice, so are the legs. Water is a bit transparent, but you can't see the feet in the water (legs stop in water). Beak could have had more details, but not sure if it is accurate to the sup-species. Overall very nice bird Very Happy

Yes, photos may be used for TAI :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:52 pm

One of my favourites :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Karin, the species is a roseate spoonbill Ajaia ajaja. :)
I was really expecting for a walk around of that figure and you did it very well! Very Happy
These long-legged birds often, in toy shape, lack some elegance and that's the case. It needed a longer body, slimmer neck and legs but we all know that they can't do it more delicate due to safety. The idea of making a water base is clearly to enshorten the legs on final model. I am more enthusiast of an invasive base like we see on CollectA's flamingo or that they use a softer rubber and make a base like Mojo emu.
Though, I find the figure generally very appealing, with nice coloring and a very recognizable shape and I am extremly happy that Safari decided to include a roseate spoonbill in their range. I really want it a lot and I want to applaud Safari's decision! Very Happy

p.s. I'll use your picture on TAI, hten. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 5:04 pm

It is a GORGEOUS, wonderful model of a gorgeous, wonderful, - and strange - bird cheers Applause

I didn't even know The Roseate Spoonbill before ! Shocked

I wonder why Safari didn't put it under Wildlif of North America, - they seem to live in Florida Very Happy

Thankyou for this beautyful walkaround Karin Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Thank you for the name Roger, and for the link Susanne Applause cheers
Amazing birds they are! Glad we now have one in model from :3

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 5:55 pm

I need this spoonbill in my collection. Applause Applause Applause Applause

In your pictures, I see , that Safari it is getting better paint.

spectacular walkround. cheers

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Oooh ..Razz Applause cheers Wonderful !

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Wonderful walkaround, thank you Karin! This is also the model I really will need in my collection Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks for the walk around Karin ! its a nice bird cheers .. is it part of the Wings of the World series ?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 pm

JamesPanda wrote:
Thanks for the walk around Karin ! its a nice bird cheers .. is it part of the Wings of the World series ?

You are so right, - this one and the Cassowary ought to be in the WOW-series, but Safari has put them in the Wildlife-series scratch

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:50 pm

Beautiful bird and a beautiful walkaround.Applause
The only thing I don't like is the water base, but I will surely buy it for my collection.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 12:03 am

SUSANNE wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

You are so right, - this one and the Cassowary ought to be in the WOW-series, but Safari has put them in the Wildlife-series  scratch

I agree, it is hard to understand. We could think that cassowary is in Wildlife collection because it is a flightless bird like the ostrich. So, why to put a dodo in WOW series? But, even considering it, it is very hard to understand why is the spoonbill also here, WOW have pelicans, anhinga, etc. ... and to turn things more complicated, there is a roadrunner in North American Wildlife. Laughing

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 7:36 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

You are so right, - this one and the Cassowary ought to be in the WOW-series, but Safari has put them in the Wildlife-series  scratch

I agree, it is hard to understand. We could think that cassowary is in Wildlife collection because it is a flightless bird like the ostrich. So, why to put a dodo in WOW series? But, even considering it, it is very hard to understand why is the spoonbill also here, WOW have pelicans, anhinga, etc. ... and to turn things more complicated, there is a roadrunner in North American Wildlife. Laughing

Its sad to know that the birds are not part of the series ( only from view as a collector !! ). When SLtd began a lovely series like the WoW they should enhance it with these new species , makes it interesting collecting pirat .....fhe Lorikeet, Cuckatoo and Toucan are labeled as WoW ( but they are only re-sculpts). At least we have two species of Spoonbills now Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 am

JamesPanda wrote:
Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

Its sad to know that the birds are not part of the series ( only from view as a collector !! ). When SLtd began a lovely series like the WoW they should enhance it with these new species , makes it interesting collecting pirat .....fhe Lorikeet, Cuckatoo and Toucan are labeled as WoW ( but they are only re-sculpts). At least we have two species of Spoonbills now Very Happy

I hope they're not planning to finish the WOW series, they started reusing old moulds for last releases of Winner's Circle Horses collection. Now they started redesigning their collection of horses. If I was exclusively collecting WOW series, certainly these other birds were in my collection as invited ones. :)

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Technically, the Toucan and Pelican are the only two resculpts released in the WOW this year - the Cockatoo is a re-release. The Lorikeet and Mockingbird are brand new sculpts and new species additions in the collection. No fear that the WOW collection is not continuing, it seems to be doing well... it is very possible that the Roadrunner, Cassowary, and Spoonbill will find their way into the WOW collection at some point - the pelican was originally released as part of the WS Sea Life collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 pm

Beautiful bird and a beautiful walkaround. Very Happy Applause cheers
The only thing I don't like is the water base, but I will surely buy it for my collection. sunny bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016   Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari LTD: Spoonbill 2016
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: