Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Larami Whales

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, here is a better view of the Larami Whales. Notice that my Bowhead Whale has been repainted: the original paint job shown a whole white belly, which was not accurate enough for me; so, in the past, I repainted it to make it more accurate.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Here, I'm showing the cartboard painted backgrounds that were in the boxes, just behind the whales figures while they were sealed. Sorry for the rather poor condition of those backgrounds: I had to bend them to store them...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 4:29 am

Great

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Here are three of them: Killer Whale, Northern Bottlenose and Grey Whale.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Here are the three smallest ones: Narwhal, Pilot Whale and Beluga. Those are plain: they are not hollow like all the other whales of the set.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Here are the biggest ones of the set: Blue Whale, Fin Whale and Sperm Whale.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Larami Whales!   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Finally, last but not least: Bowhead Whale (repainted), Humpback Whale and Black Right Whale.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks once more Bowhead! I used again your posts to open a new topic. That's a very interesting series and it deserves its own thread.
I'll use your pictures on TAI as you know and credit you, of course.
I still don't know what to do with the bowhead whale once it is repainted. scratch
Very interesting to know that them made smaller figures not hollow.Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks once more Bowhead! I used again your posts to open a new topic. That's a very interesting series and it deserves its own thread.
I still don't know what to do with the bowhead whale once it is repainted. scratch

Well, you can use it and textually underline the fact it has been repainted, the original paint job shown a whole white belly, from lip to around anal region. You see, I didn't know back in that time I was making a mistake; I just thought I was repairing a mistake made by the company. I didn't know, of course, how scarce this set would become in the future (because it is REALLY REALLY scarce)...

As for the plain figures... the Sharks set made their three smallest sharks plain as well. How do I know that? Simply because my Larami Horn Shark is plain, while all my other (and bigger) sharks are hollow, like my large whales. It's not hard to conclude that the Bonnethead Shark and the... uh... whatever is the other tiny species of shark Larami made are also plain.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:37 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Well, you can use it and textually underline the fact it has been repainted, the original paint job shown a whole white belly, from lip to around anal region. You see, I didn't know back in that time I was making a mistake; I just thought I was repairing a mistake made by the company. I didn't know, of course, how scarce this set would become in the future (because it is REALLY REALLY scarce)...

As for the plain figures... the Sharks set made their three smallest sharks plain as well. How do I know that? Simply because my Larami Horn Shark is plain, while all my other (and bigger) sharks are hollow, like my large whales. It's not hard to conclude that the Bonnethead Shark and the... uh... whatever is the other tiny species of shark Larami made are also plain.

The work is done! I redesigned Larami page on TAI once only two series are know. :)

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

The work is done! I redesigned Larami page on TAI once only two series are know. :)

Gee, thanks! But why didn't you tell us who provided you with the Larami Sharks? I am very curious about the collectors who actually own those scarce sets.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Gee, thanks! But why didn't you tell us who provided you with the Larami Sharks? I am very curious about the collectors who actually own those scarce sets.

Larami sharks were uploaded directly by the owner that is a contributor on TAI. So, credits are not needed. If you click the picture to enlarge it, you'll find information about the contributor that uploaded it. Usernames are often the same as on forum so it won't be hard to know hwo they are. Larami sharks are from Andreas @Widdukind and it was he who uploaded them. Notice that not always who uploads is the owner of the figure and often, the owner doesn't want to be credited. :)

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Larami sharks were uploaded directly by the owner that is a contributor on TAI. So, credits are not needed. If you click the picture to enlarge it, you'll find information about the contributor that uploaded it. Usernames are often the same as on forum so it won't be hard to know hwo they are. Larami sharks are from Andreas @Widdukind and it was he who uploaded them. Notice that not always who uploads is the owner of the figure and often, the owner doesn't want to be credited. :)

Many of them do not want to be credited? Why not?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Many is my personal exageration once the most part of TAI pictures are from contributors. Maybe they don't want because they think it isn't needed or maybe to prevent that avid collectors try to find them and charge with messages to try to buy their figures. Laughing
Kidding, don't worry, you're not the first being credited and I find it informative actually. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Many is my personal exageration once the most part of TAI pictures are from contributors. Maybe they don't want because they think it isn't needed or maybe to prevent that avid collectors try to find them and charge with messages to try to buy their figures. Laughing
Kidding, don't worry, you're not the first being credited and I find it informative actually. Very Happy

It's true that I make lots of efforts retaining myself from harassing Andreas to sell to me his Larami Sharks... bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:21 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

It's true that I make lots of efforts retaining myself from harassing Andreas to sell to me his Larami Sharks... bounce

lol! Yes, and it is almost impossible to find species that he is still missing in his collection. :)

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Is it just me, or is Larami the only manufacturer who made a Northern Bottlenose?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:25 pm

How did I miss this topic ? cheers

Thankyou for sharing the nice pictures of Very Happy these rare models

Roger
Admin
Roger

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 12:07 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Is it just me, or is Larami the only manufacturer who made a Northern Bottlenose?

I don't know any other figure of that particular species.
If it was not so many species, I'd love to see a topic of which older representations are known from all species. Laughing

widukind

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:14 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

I dont know, if yes i need it this bottlenose :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm

On TAI, I also noticed an outstanding set of Larami chelonians (turtles and tortoises), represented in scale just like the whales and the sharks. There is even a group picture of them!!!! I Wonder who owns such a fabulous set...

I am wondering... if the Larami Chelonians have their group picture on TAI, maybe it would also be a good idea to put the group picture of my Larami Whales? Since I didn't photograph my whales besides my coin, maybe it would be a good idea to put the whales group pic on TAI, to show the comparative sizes of each species...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
On TAI, I also noticed an outstanding set of Larami chelonians (turtles and tortoises), represented in scale just like the whales and the sharks. There is even a group picture of them!!!! I Wonder who owns such a fabulous set...

I am wondering... if the Larami Chelonians have their group picture on TAI, maybe it would also be a good idea to put the group picture of my Larami Whales? Since I didn't photograph my whales besides my coin, maybe it would be a good idea to put the whales group pic on TAI, to show the comparative sizes of each species...

Yes, of course a group picture of the whales is a good idea. Very Happy
These turtles are from James' collection, known as stemturtle and Glyptemys. :)

widukind

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Oh, i missed that.

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 pm

widukind wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Oh, i missed that.
Go take a look: it is really Worth it!!!! Shocked I love you
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yes, of course a group picture of the whales is a good idea. Very Happy
These turtles are from James' collection, known as stemturtle and Glyptemys. :)

My Larami whales group picture is already taken: it is just at the beginning of this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Larami Whales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larami Whales   Larami Whales Empty

Back to top Go down

Larami Whales
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next